1.    #1  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4NqT6u_ODk
    Games, Maps, Multitasking all done better. Google has set the tablet bar.. High.

Also if you have not seen the engadget Matias interview do so!
    Looks great. I wonder what the smartphone version will look like, since a lot of those UI elements will only work on a large screen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Love how he talks about a "futuristic look" where information is controlled by gestures. I guess future means 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4NqT6u_ODk
    Games, Maps, Multitasking all done better. Google has set the tablet bar.. High.

Also if you have not seen the engadget Matias interview do so!
    This post would have been a nice addition to this existing thread
    Wow, that is amazing!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Looks great function wise, but it is still kind of ugly to me. Reminds me of windows 2000 or someting withe the application windows the way they look. All boxed off and kind of plain. I am very impressed though. It is seriously making me think of just moving on to android and geting me and the wife a bionic or thunderbolt when they hit verizon and picking up a xoom as well but off of a plan (wifi version)
    Now this is what i think makes sense. I know the jokes about the iPad being a giant ipod Touch, but in some ways it was....the screen real estate, unless a an app was made well, was mostly wasted.

If i have a 10" screen i expect to have widgets that i can get glancable information on. I except a more mature way of multi-tasking, i expect video chatting. They really did more than just port android to a large screen and thats great.

I think many of the new design elements can make it to android...not all of them of course, but fade in menu choices when hitting check boxes and such can easily be there.

Hopefully their honeycomb SDK will be robust and include design elements that the core OS has.
    It looks ok but I still think a mature webOS would translate better to a tablet.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It indeed looks great. But I was even more impressed by the Playbook. Let Feb 9 be upon us soon and I now which of these 3 OSes to choose for my first tablet purchase (iPad is no option for me).