Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 227
  1.    #1  
    Recap -

    Sprint at CES?

    The HTC EVO Shift 4G - underwhelming slider
    Sprint ID on the Samsung Galaxy Tab.... yeeeeee haaaawwww

    Verizon at CES?

    Everything but the iPhone.... but wait.... iPhone presale the last week in January or second week in February with Verizon.... (rumor, yes, but not really considering the Jan 11 announcement)

    I think Sprint is in such trouble that they can't even begin to imagine it. Obviously no carrier wanted all in with Sprint in this years CES. What draws people to you as a carrier now? Service? 4G? Nah... it's the hardware, and Sprint is losing.

    Now for the reason why this is cross-platform...

    Say Sprint is the launch partner with HP/Palm once again and they announce/launch at the same time the iPhone LTE (trust me, if it has LTE tech, they will name it iPhone LTE) shows up at Verizon....

    That would be the only way I stay with Sprint. I couldn't care less about saving a couple of bucks. I need a great phone, and if I can't get it at Sprint.... well, Big Red might just be hearing from me.

    Sometimes loyalty means jack squat....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  2. #2  
    Sprint is cheaper, but Verizon is getting all the goodies! Saving a few bucks with Sprint just doesn't seem as important to me as it used to be.
  3.    #3  
    My point exactly. If there is new WebOs goodness for Sprint, I'll stay... otherwise I burn the yellow shirt....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4. #4  
    Meh, I'm with Sprint for the plan prices and service. If they go under I'll move on but it is not the hardware that drove me to them.
  5.    #5  
    I would say that 4 years ago when I switched to Sprint from Verizon, it was the $.... now, not so much. Give me the goods...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  6. #6  
    verizon sucks anyway no matter what devices it has. Sprint FTW!!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    verizon sucks anyway no matter what devices it has. Sprint FTW!!!
    I think Verizon is great. The only thing I don't like about them is how much they charge for service...
  8. #8  
    I hear ya. But I'm just more of a typical buyer I guess. When my needs change, I look at what Sprint has. Once I've purchased, I may "keep up with what's going on" but I'm done "looking". For me it's coverage and value first, device a distant second.
  9. #9  
    yeah sprint has disappointed me just about as much as hpalm this ces, they're are dead last in hardware against the other carriers even with the evo and epic 4g
  10.    #10  
    ........... I really think Sprint is good, but the EVO in slider form as your big CES announcement????????????????????????????????????????????
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ........... I really think Sprint is good, but the EVO in slider form as your big CES announcement????????????????????????????????????????????
    I'm disappointed with the Evo Shift. I don't see how it's supposed to be that much better. I'd still rather have the Evo.
  12.    #12  
    I mean, at least tease me with something new....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  13. #13  
    I'll stay with sprint...carrier first...I will not switch carriers for a phone. Verizon will have a big announcement on Jan 11...could this be the Iphone?

    [url]http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-announce-iphone-jan-11th[/url


    Sfm Evo
    Last edited by kinster02; 01/07/2011 at 05:56 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think Verizon is great. The only thing I don't like about them is how much they charge for service...
    At least for the premium price you pay you receive premium service. I'd rather pay extra and receive great coverage and have access to an abundance of hardware than save a couple of bucks and have a mediocre network (in comparison) and limited hardware to choose from.

    Unlike AT&T, Verizon put their money to good use.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I'll stay with sprint...carrier first...I will not switch carriers for a phone. Verizon will have a big announcement on Jan 11...could this be the Iphone?

    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...phone-jan-11th

    Sfm Evo
    Did you even read my OP? lol.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ........... I really think Sprint is good, but the EVO in slider form as your big CES announcement????????????????????????????????????????????
    Agreed...but, CES is not really Sprint's thing. The Pre wasn't announced at CES and neither were the EVO or Epic. And the big boy phones on AT&T and Verizon aren't slated to be released until sometime later in the year, so Sprint has plenty of time to prepare what I think will be at least two big-time phones, one by Palm and the other by HTC, neither of which made much of an appearance during CES.
  17. #17  
    All this talk about verizon getting the iphone, that's funny because my neese has a iphone and when she was at my house last week, she was jelous of my evo. We sat there for an hour comparing and she hated her iphone at the end of that hour. viva la sprint.


    Evo-lution
  18. romls's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #18  
    I think lack of hardware is part of it, but just a small part. I have always associated Sprint with horrible service. Maybe others do the same. Another part of the problem is every time Sprint comes out with something great (like the Pre or Wimax) other carriers announce they are going to have the same thing or something better. For instance, when Palm announced the Pre would be exclusive to Sprint, I seriously considered switching to Sprint, but as soon as Verizon announced they would carry the Pre I decided to wait.

    IMO, HPalm needs to align itself with someone besides Sprint (I know that isn't a popular sentiment here) because Sprint does not have the clout to make an exclusive launch a success.
  19. #19  
    Its been verified by the WSJ that Jan 11 announcement will be the Iphone coming to Verizon.

    Verizon Finally Lands iPhone - WSJ.com
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Recap -

    Sprint at CES?

    The HTC EVO Shift 4G - underwhelming slider
    Sprint ID on the Samsung Galaxy Tab.... yeeeeee haaaawwww

    Verizon at CES?

    Everything but the iPhone.... but wait.... iPhone presale the last week in January or second week in February with Verizon.... (rumor, yes, but not really considering the Jan 11 announcement)

    I think Sprint is in such trouble that they can't even begin to imagine it. Obviously no carrier wanted all in with Sprint in this years CES. What draws people to you as a carrier now? Service? 4G? Nah... it's the hardware, and Sprint is losing.

    Now for the reason why this is cross-platform...

    Say Sprint is the launch partner with HP/Palm once again and they announce/launch at the same time the iPhone LTE (trust me, if it has LTE tech, they will name it iPhone LTE) shows up at Verizon....

    That would be the only way I stay with Sprint. I couldn't care less about saving a couple of bucks. I need a great phone, and if I can't get it at Sprint.... well, Big Red might just be hearing from me.

    Sometimes loyalty means jack squat....
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. I am giving Sprint 30 days and unless Sprint/HP comes up with something big.....
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions