Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Someone I know of mentioned that T-Mobile dumped him as a customer due to the fact that apparently he was constantly roaming on AT&T in his location and they had to cover this. That means AT&T had coverage there and T-Mobile did not. Then there are some who do mention that they get no or spotty Sprint reception, but Verizon is fine. Everyone is not in a major metro area, and Verizon and AT&T seem to cover rural and less or sparsely populated areas.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Respect is a part of customer service.

"Quality service for my dollar" includes them not trying to pinch every penny out of my pocket simply because I can get 3g in the desert.

While Verizon members can get the "sweetest phones first" I can get 2 phones in that time frame now that they can only upgrade once every two years.
    No, it doesn't. I very rarely ever deal with customer service.. with the 3 different carriers I've been with in the past 10 years the only time I've dealt with customer service is when I'm canceling service.

I pay for a quality network, not to have a happy-go-lucky customer service rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No, it doesn't. I very rarely ever deal with customer service.. with the 3 different carriers I've been with in the past 10 years the only time I've dealt with customer service is when I'm canceling service.

I pay for a quality network, not to have a happy-go-lucky customer service rep.
    You misunderstand what I mean by "customer service"

Customer service includes having 30 days, not just two weeks, to evaluate the service.

Customer service includes having the ability to upgrade yearly and not every two years.

Having an unlimited data option is also included in customer service.
    You misunderstand what I mean by "customer service"

Customer service includes having 30 days, not just two weeks, to evaluate the service.

Customer service includes having the ability to upgrade yearly and not every two years.

Having an unlimited data option is also included in customer service.
    It's all in what you value. For me, personally, the only two things I care about is: a good network and hardware.
    It's all in what you value. For me, personally, the only two things I care about is: a good network and hardware.
    I guess...

The problem with that is you will inevitably end up in a really bad place.

Like I said...

If Verizon makes these changes and they continue to gain customers what will stop them from containing these policies?

Is good coverage and a nice phone selection worth being taken to the cleaners?
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    These are some fairly out of date numbers and i think that person was referring to network coverage area
    Bah! Sorry, I didn't see the date.

Posted from my eVo!
    I guess...

The problem with that is you will inevitably end up in a really bad place.

Like I said...

If Verizon makes these changes and they continue to gain customers what will stop them from containing these policies?

Is good coverage and a nice phone selection worth being taken to the cleaners?
    Depends on what you're happy with. I'm perfectly content with paying $10-$20 more a month for a network that's more robust and hardware that's more plentiful than a network I'm saving money but unhappy with.
    Depends on what you're happy with. I'm perfectly content with paying $10-$20 more a month for a network that's more robust and hardware that's more plentiful than a network I'm saving money but unhappy with.
    Usually a little more than $20 a month... I think the average increase in cost is something like $35 dollars a month.

But I again point out...
    You get a "sweet phone" now..as opposed to summer for Sprint... and you've stuck for two years [unless you buy outright]...
    Sprint users get the yearly upgrade so every summer they can have the newest phones...

That... among anything else... is a pretty good reward to me.
    It's one of the big reasons I love Sprint, I have a teenager and he always wants a cool phone.

Posted from my eVo!
    Usually a little more than $20 a month... I think the average increase in cost is something like $35 dollars a month.

But I again point out...
    You get a "sweet phone" now..as opposed to summer for Sprint... and you've stuck for two years [unless you buy outright]...
    Sprint users get the yearly upgrade so every summer they can have the newest phones...

That... among anything else... is a pretty good reward to me.
    Again, what good does a yearly refresh matter to a consumer that's overall unhappy with the selection of devices offered? I have two lines, one with AT&T and one with Sprint.. My contract with Sprint ended months ago because there's nothing I want to upgrade to.

Besides, that's all a moot point to me now as I will no longer buy a subsidized phone. You spend more money in the long run.
    Again, what good does a yearly refresh matter to a consumer that's overall unhappy with the selection of devices offered? I have two lines, one with AT&T and one with Sprint.. My contract with Sprint ended months ago because there's nothing I want to upgrade to.
    Well, being as Sprint as two phones that were last years "phones of the year" and "best phones in the world"..
    It seems as if their selection is getting better.

I don't think anyone can argue that, by summer, Sprint will have comparable phones to what Verizon and At&t will be releasing in the next few months.
    It happens every year and with Sprint on the rise I doubt that will stop.
    Well, being as Sprint as two phones that were last years "phones of the year" and "best phones in the world"..
    It seems as if their selection is getting better.

I don't think anyone can argue that, by summer, Sprint will have comparable phones to what Verizon and At&t will be releasing in the next few months.
    It happens every year and with Sprint on the rise I doubt that will stop.
    I hope so. I have no quirks with Sprint's network, it's been great on the numerous cross-country trips I've been on and compared to the overly-saturated networks here in San Francisco.

A webOS device is kind of out of the question right now and you have only two choices for a nice Android device (Evo, which I once had and the Epic).

What bothers me the most with Sprint is their focus on the low to mid-range devices and the slow refresh rate of their high-end devices.
    I hope so. I have no quirks with Sprint's network, it's been great on the numerous cross-country trips I've been on and compared to the overly-saturated networks here in San Francisco.

A webOS device is kind of out of the question right now and you have only two choices for a nice Android device (Evo, which I once had and the Epic).

What bothers me the most with Sprint is their focus on the low to mid-range devices and the slow refresh rate of their high-end devices.
    Don't forget about the Evo Shift which is in competition with the G2.
    [and actually better internals than either the Evo or Epic]

Let me just say... I would be more than surprised if the "Evo 2" with a dual-core doesn't come out in the summer.
    I've even been able to roam in Canada on my Sprint phone, with no problems. Was up there for 3 weeks once and used my phone like crazy, but with the reduced roaming plan, it only cost me $20 extra.

Posted from my eVo!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It will be so funny if it's not the iPhone. As for me & my family Palm/HP until they stop making web OS.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    How is that a problem? Sprint COMES OUT WITH SOMETHING, then the other carriers announce something.
    It's a problem for Sprint because the new "something" doesn't get people to switch. Once they know it will be available on their network of choice, many prefer to wait. My point was that when Sprint announced the Pre, many on this forum contemplated switching to Sprint, but when Verizon announced they would be carrying it in 6 months, many decided to wait (including me). I think Sprint (and Palm) thought more people would switch, which apparently didn't happen.
    Last edited by romls; 01/10/2011 at 11:36 AM.
    See i think people are confusing having good hardware with having a lot of hardware.

Verizon has a TON of android devices for whatever reason. Even this past summer...5 high end android phones came out. Now i'm not saying anything is wrong with that...but Sprint had two high end android devices that also happened to be up there in the two best phones you could buy last year.

I think Sprint is fine with their quality over quantity with their android selection. I would like to see them get some Windows 7 phones however.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    See i think people are confusing having good hardware with having a lot of hardware.

Verizon has a TON of android devices for whatever reason. Even this past summer...5 high end android phones came out. Now i'm not saying anything is wrong with that...but Sprint had two high end android devices that also happened to be up there in the two best phones you could buy last year.

I think Sprint is fine with their quality over quantity with their android selection. I would like to see them get some Windows 7 phones however.
    The problem is that Verizon is actually putting out some really good hardware. I hope that Sprint does eventually push out some really good phones this year, it just doesn't seem as likely after all the announcements at CES.

Like I said, I will wait until CTIA next month and then decide whether or not I should eat my hat...

Oh and I second/third or whatever your Windows Phone 7 thoughts... Sprint needs that option.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast