Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 227
  1.    #61  
    I certainly hope this doesn't turn into an anti-Palm thread. Verizon is getting the Palm Pre 2 and I would get that over most everything else out there. I agree with Phone Diva though.

    You go where you get what you want. That's the point of a free society.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Yep. 4-line family plan here and it just costs too much on the other carriers.
    That's where it really adds up. Our plan excluding taxes discounts and insurance costs 189 for unlimited data text and gps. For 1500 shared minutes and any mobile verizon would be 300 dollars excluding taxes and insurance with no discount. For unlimited data and text 10 unlimited numbers and verizon mobile to mobile no gps with 1400 minutes

    Summery

    Base. Vz. Sprnt
    Minutes. 1400. 1500
    Data Unlmt. Unlmt
    Text. Unlmt. Unlmt
    Gps. No. Yes
    Free to. Vrz & 10. All cell phones
    Night/wknd. Yes. Yes
    Price. 189. 300
    Year cost. 2268. 3600

    Sprint is 111 less a month and 1332 less a year.. That's not a few dollars for alot of people with families. If verizon had a data family plan that would be reasonable, but they charge way too much for big groups. Now for single person it's still a fairly expensive plan. 89 for unlimited text and data and 450 minutes. Which is 20 dollars more then sprint. That's not that bad, and for families with only a smartphone or two verizon may be justifiable. But it just depends. Sprint needs to juice up their phone pinup. It used to be awesome. Btw the Evo shift is a joke... Why? It's got a smaller screen then the Evo, lower processor (though I hear that one is awesome so maybe disregard that) and no front camera. If it didn't have 4g it wouldnt really compete with the Evo or epic. It's more in line with the g2
  3. tyea's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #63  
    My response to this thread is not from loyalty, it's to prevent misleading statements from harming businesses that I believe provide a good service or product.
  4. #64  
    Verizon has proven that they don't have any respect for their customers and because they have all the phones they believe they are allowed to treat their customers however they want.

    That is unacceptable.


    No phone is worth being treated the way that Verizon is treating their customers.

    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...ctive-jan-16th
    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...nths-new-phone

    Just two recent examples of many.
    They're also talking about getting rid of unlimited data.
    No thank you.


    This thread is proof that people really don't care about customer service, when it comes to carriers, and I for one think that's sad.




    Sprint announced the Evo at CTIA, and it's likely they may do the same again.
    Verizon has the spotlight now so what good does it do for Sprint to try to announce something in that environment?
    None.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 01/08/2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: can't imagine why
  5. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #65  
    I don't need an abundance of hardware myself. I just need one phone that fits my needs. As long as Sprint has that and better pricing, I wouldn't switch.
  6. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    . Another part of the problem is every time Sprint comes out with something great (like the Pre or Wimax) other carriers announce they are going to have the same thing or something better.
    How is that a problem? Sprint COMES OUT WITH SOMETHING, then the other carriers announce something.
  7. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #67  
    Sprint has 49 million paying customers. They aren't going under.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Verizon has proven that they don't have any respect for their customers and because they have all the phones they believe they are allowed to treat their customers however they want.

    That is unacceptable.


    No phone is worth being treated the way that Verizon is treating their customers.

    Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central
    Verizon changing its upgrade policy; you'll have to wait 20 months for a new phone | Android Central

    Just two recent examples of many.
    They're also talking about getting rid of unlimited data.
    No thank you.


    This thread is proof that people really don't care about customer service, when it comes to carriers, and I for one think that's sad.




    Sprint announced the Evo at CTIA, and it's likely they may do the same again.
    Verizon has the spotlight now so what good does it do for Sprint to try to announce something in that environment?
    None.

    Those are the scary policies I meant earlier. I do care about customer treatment.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Those are the scary policies I meant earlier. I do care about customer treatment.
    It's only the beginning.

    And if their customer numbers increase after making those changes [because of their new "sweet phones"]...what do you think will stop them from making even more "scary policies"?

    Not a damn thing.
  10. #70  
    They're in a tie with AT&T for who can screw over the customer with anti-consumer policies the most.

    The only reason I'm still with AT&T is the iPhone and the fact that they usually have some sense when you call CS. But AT&T also ruined their upgrade policy a little while ago(surprise, iPhone is exempt) and jacked up no-contract prices. Not to mention they think we're babies when it comes to Android, they're the only carrier you can't sideload apps on without a program(not authorized by them of course). Yet their Androids cost just as much as on other carriers. Screwing over the rest of your paying customers is something I'm a not happy about. So my 2nd lines are no longer with them but back on Sprint. And I'm not moving to Verizon, although they were good for the time I had them. But all due to the current craziness with high ETF and upgrades, no thanks!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Sprint has 49 million paying customers. They aren't going under.
    If Sprint announces stuff at CTIA like Verizon just did at CES, then I will agree with you and will personally eat another hat.... (I have eaten a few in my day.... tastes like crow.)
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  12. #72  
    I'm pretty sure you need one phone, that's it. I don't know how comforting it is to know that there are a lot of great phones when the prices are going up, and now Verizon is making you wait 20 months for full upgrades on Verizon.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  13. #73  
    Just like many other people have said. I'm sticking with Sprint because you can't beat their plans. The plans by themselves are cheap enough, and if you can't snag a high discount from your employer you can always get the 10% off credit union discount. I opened a savings account at mine with the $50 minimum balance early last year. Now with the $7/month I save I've gotten that $50 back and then some. You just simply can't beat it.
  14. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    If Sprint announces stuff at CTIA like Verizon just did at CES, then I will agree with you and will personally eat another hat.... (I have eaten a few in my day.... tastes like crow.)
    At least hats tastes better than shoes. Trust me, I know.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  15. #75  
    What I want to know is, who are all these folks who part so easily with their $$$ and end up on Verizon or ATT? A standard family plan w/an employer discount saves me $2500 over either of those carriers on a 24 month contract. God bless you if you enjoy burning your cash but call me crazy, I think Sprint will be around long enough to prevent us from blowing benjamins like a politician.
    Last edited by foosball; 01/09/2011 at 09:15 PM.
  16. #76  
    Some people have to go with the company that provides better service where they use their phones the most, even of it costs more.

    Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Verizon has proven that they don't have any respect for their customers and because they have all the phones they believe they are allowed to treat their customers however they want.

    That is unacceptable.


    No phone is worth being treated the way that Verizon is treating their customers.

    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...ctive-jan-16th
    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...nths-new-phone

    Just two recent examples of many.
    They're also talking about getting rid of unlimited data.
    No thank you.


    This thread is proof that people really don't care about customer service, when it comes to carriers, and I for one think that's sad.




    Sprint announced the Evo at CTIA, and it's likely they may do the same again.
    Verizon has the spotlight now so what good does it do for Sprint to try to announce something in that environment?
    None.
    I don't look for respect from a company, just quality service for my dollar.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I don't look for respect from a company, just quality service for my dollar.
    Respect is a part of customer service.


    "Quality service for my dollar" includes them not trying to pinch every penny out of my pocket simply because I can get 3g in the desert.


    While Verizon members can get the "sweetest phones first" I can get 2 phones in that time frame now that they can only upgrade once every two years.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    What I want to know is, who are all these folks who part so easily with their $$$ and end up on Verizon or ATT? A standard family plan w/an employer discount saves me $2500 over either of those carriers on a 24 month contract. God bless you if you enjoy burning your cash but call me crazy, I think Sprint will be around long enough to prevent us from blowing benjamins like a politician.
    In some areas, Verizon and AT&T are necessities. There's no or bad reception with the other 2 sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    In some areas, Verizon and AT&T are necessities. There's no or bad reception with the other 2 sometimes.
    I disagree.

    Did you know that Sprint now has the second largest network [behind Verizon]?

    That has been a fact for quite a while.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions