Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 227
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    that little detail of "how much they charge" is a bigger issue for me than for you. I run 3 phones on an account, the differences over a year add up. So much so that the switch is not worth it at moment. Never say never though.
    Yep. 4-line family plan here and it just costs too much on the other carriers.
  2. #42  
    I certainly don't think sprint is going to die but if they don't do more to aquire some competitive hardware they will forever be branded the discount carrier...
  3. #43  
    this is by far the funniest statment Ive ever heard. So based on a CES show that shows alot of devices being announced for Verizon, you assume Sprint will be going under? huh where in the world would you come up with that, is beyond mind boggling. Sprint, along with every other carrier will still get new devices throughout the year as usual, and at the end of the day after each device is distibuted on each carrier it comes down to who has the best spiffs, and who has the best plan money wise. So everyone can calm down its only been a week into the year. smh
  4. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #44  
    What I see happening: Since Playbook is going to Sprint 1st as an exclusive, PalmPad probably will be Verizon only for a few months. I really hope we don't have to wait for a WiFi only model...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory1 View Post
    <edit>

    Me and my wife, original June 2009 Pre owners, just jumped to Evos. We can natively tether 4G for less than $20 total. We have unlimited everything with a beast of a phone and with my corporate discount pay less than $140 / month.

    You are living in a delusional world. You go to another carrier and will be paying $220+ for less.

    Seriously, be a little pragmatic in your assessment. If you're going somewhere else for some yet to be announced hardware, at least be true to yourself you'll be paying a lot for it.

    80% of the people I have come in to contact recently that have new phones or plans have an android on Sprint. They'll do fine without you.

    exactly as well as I stated we all know how Google works, and in the next few months more devices will be announced for Sprint, AT&T, and Tmobile anyway all with hmmm similiar specs as the ones we just saw at CES.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/08/2011 at 10:50 AM.
  6.    #46  
    The point of this post was do open a dialogue on why Sprint would allow CES to pass without at least trying to steal a little of the LTE thunder (pun intended).

    I have been a "valued" Sprint customer for 4 years, and I guess after sticking it with the Pre for a long time, I was hoping for something better.

    Verizon just happened to drop a plethora of phones and ostensibly the iPhone, I will wait patiently for a little longer... February 9th or so.

    Also, I can get a plan with data at this point at about the same cost as Sprint sans the texting which I don't do anyway. So really, for me anyway, it is about the hardware.

    Thanks, for everyone's contributions.

    As a side, Sprint may stick around for some time, but it makes me wonder how interested they are competing in the smartphone market... or more exactly how much interest smartphone companies like HTC/Motorolla/Apple etc have in Sprint these days.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I hope you are right about Sprint and the Evo 2...I hope they don't pull a Palm. I checked the exhibitor list for Sprint at both Venues and Sprint is a no show for both CITA and MWC.

    CITA: Exhibitor List

    MWC: Exhibitor List I GSMA Mobile World Congress

    Hopefully the manufactures have the own device announcements for Sprint.
    That's pretty much exactly what HTC and Samsung did in the past. But I haven't seen a device at CES or elsewhere yet that would make me jump to leave my Epic. No better screens, marginally better processors using software that doesn't take advantage of dual cores, nada. There aren't even any Gingerbread handsets coming out any time soon.

    The sole exception (except for Gingerbread. It, too, will have Froyo) is the Atrix, but I'm not uprooting four family lines just to move to AT&T to use the same size screen at a slightly higher resolution with no SuperAMOLED and the same version of Android as the custom ROM I am running now.
  8. #48  
    Thirteen lines, not a shot i am leaving sprint. I was considering it in August but when I called Big red to see what kinda of small business plans they carried I was extremely underwhelmed. Plans were blah and the Sales lady was cocky and horrible. Sprint has dropped the ball on me before, but they have always had exceptional customer service in the last three years or so (they were bad for a bit before that).

    Evo Shift was an attempt to steal some headlines before they got lost in the CES flood (the fact that we even know the name of it is proof to that). I think they will have some webOS love soon and another Halo Android device this summer before the iPhone on apple drops (Verizon could throw this all through a loop).
  9. tyea's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #49  
    1500 minute 3 line everything family plan on Sprint is at least $70 less expensive than an eqivalent plan on att or verizon. That's $840 savings per year, $1680 savings per 2 year contract. I think T mobile was about $50 more per month. That is more than a few dollars savings to me.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what HTC and Samsung did in the past. But I haven't seen a device at CES or elsewhere yet that would make me jump to leave my Epic. No better screens, marginally better processors using software that doesn't take advantage of dual cores, nada. There aren't even any Gingerbread handsets coming out any time soon.

    The sole exception (except for Gingerbread. It, too, will have Froyo) is the Atrix, but I'm not uprooting four family lines just to move to AT&T to use the same size screen at a slightly higher resolution with no SuperAMOLED and the same version of Android as the custom ROM I am running now.
    exactly
  11. #51  
    Agree with Mikah. The Atrix is the only announced phone that makes me a bit jealous because it's better than my Evo. Even then, only the hardware is better. I'll have stable gingerbread-running cm7 months before the atrix comes out with froyo. In any event,I would bet that Sprint comes out with HTC's dual core beast at around the same time as the atrix.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    this is by far the funniest statment Ive ever heard. So based on a CES show that shows alot of devices being announced for Verizon, you assume Sprint will be going under? huh where in the world would you come up with that, is beyond mind boggling. Sprint, along with every other carrier will still get new devices throughout the year as usual, and at the end of the day after each device is distibuted on each carrier it comes down to who has the best spiffs, and who has the best plan money wise. So everyone can calm down its only been a week into the year. smh
    Well maybe the OP was thinking in terms of now that Verizon has what could be considered the best phones in the US, they have a better competitive advantage. Sprint won't go under due to this, but just like T-Mobile, they are still considered a 2nd tier carrier.

    However, Verizon is getting scary again with their policies, that's enough reason to take a good look before you sign up for their hot new phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Well maybe the OP was thinking in terms of now that Verizon has what could be considered the best phones in the US, they have a better competitive advantage. Sprint won't go under due to this, but just like T-Mobile, they are still considered a 2nd tier carrier.

    However, Verizon is getting scary again with their policies, that's enough reason to take a good look before you sign up for their hot new phones.
    true maybe, but with the phones out right now, currently available the EVO, and the Epic are still the go to phones with just not with the overal specs, but the use of a 4G network. I also dont consider Sprint on a level of tmobile, and we could very well be seeing AT&T exposed (service, price etc) if and once the iphone for VZ is released. We all know sprint has better service then AT&T which has been overshadow because of the iphone and what it has brought to the company.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    this is by far the funniest statment Ive ever heard. So based on a CES show that shows alot of devices being announced for Verizon, you assume Sprint will be going under? huh where in the world would you come up with that, is beyond mind boggling. Sprint, along with every other carrier will still get new devices throughout the year as usual, and at the end of the day after each device is distibuted on each carrier it comes down to who has the best spiffs, and who has the best plan money wise. So everyone can calm down its only been a week into the year. smh
    For me, it has nothing to do with CES, it's been this way for a while now. Even before CES, Verizon and other carriers have announced new devices (smart phones in particular) regularly every month. Sprint hasn't announced anything that's worth announcing since the Evo and Epic. They go long periods between having hardware refresh.
  15. #55  
    I thought Verizon was going LTE, which is considered the likely winner in the long run, not WiMax.

    As for AT&T, no comment about their butchered phones, raping upgrade customers, etc, etc. They WILL be exposed as overpriced for what you get, eventually. With loss of iPhone exclusivity, there's not much to keep people on that carrier. Except if you travel and/or use an unlocked GSM phone, due to their bands.

    BTW, is it just me or is this site loading really slow?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I thought Verizon was going LTE, which is considered the likely winner in the long run, not WiMax.

    As for AT&T, no comment about their butchered phones, raping upgrade customers, etc, etc. They WILL be exposed as overpriced for what you get, eventually. With loss of iPhone exclusivity, there's not much to keep people on that carrier. Except if you travel and/or use an unlocked GSM phone, due to their bands.

    BTW, is it just me or is this site loading really slow?
    yeah atleast with what I hear wimax of course in its current form speeds are consistent with the brand new LTE, in the long run yes LTE is the faster between that and wimax. Though not only is wimax 2 backward compatiatble to wimax, but LTE can be upgraded from wimax, the reason wimax is even now and has been testing its own LTE network. So in a sense neither Verizon nor AT&T will have a leg up in this so called 4G, though as noted only wimax 2, and LTE adance is true 4G anyway.

    and yeah the site is real slow, mine dosent even load all the way smh.
  17.    #57  
    Look, if Sprint comes out with the goods, then certainly I will stay. I don't have any problem with Sprint other than phones. Give me some choices. Anyway, I know that you all vehemently disagree with me, and that's ok. The majority of the users here are Sprint users and I knew I would hear from you.

    Fortunately I did not go do this on the community.sprint.com site... lol.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  18. #58  
    loyalty is practically nonexistent in the business world. just ask all the palm executives that have recently left (or the developers for that matter).

    customers need not be loyal. don't like what you have? then get another phone and then get off this forum. thanks.
  19. #59  
    But this isn't the business side its the consumer side and loyalty does exist here, and if somebody leaves to gets a phone that better suits there needs than the pre right now they have every right and are very welcome to see when and if hpalm decides to wake up at the wheel.
  20. #60  
    If a business is good to me, I tend to stay with them. If they start jacking me around, I'm gone unless I can live with the shortcomings. If I really want something else(whatever the service), I at least try to leave on good or neutral terms because burning bridges isn't pretty. And I've done my share of that too. Some places deserve it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions