Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Also people in sales. You think customers don't call?? Guess again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Also people in sales. You think customers don't call?? Guess again.
    Or whiny clients of any age. Their shrill, nasal keening just isn't captured well in an email or a text.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    If you have a family plan, Verizon and AT&T can be a $1000 extra a year.

- Craig
    This.

Anybody saying otherwise isn't playing their cards right and is leaving $$$ on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Are you getting your Sprint EVP Discount?

Even if an individual is only a member of a credit union they get a 10% EVP discount. If you have your own business, EVP is typically 18% off. Employees of big companies get more like 20% to 28% off. Most students also can get over 15% EVP. Teachers, city, county, state and federal employees tend to get at least 20%.

So it is really more like $60 to $70 for almost everyone. Granted that is only $240- $360 a year less than Verizon but that is the cost of an annual upgrade...unless you have Verizon and you can't.

And with free mobile to mobile, I don't know anyone who calls landlines more than 450 minutes a month. I don't know anyone under 40 who's phones ever ring. You use a predictive keyboard or faster still, speech to text. Literally "text" as in text messaging.

If you have a family plan, Verizon and AT&T can be a $1000 extra a year.

- Craig

I did not include EVP discounts because I was just trying to compare regularly commercial plans that are available to everyone, remember verizon does have some discounts too.

There is no way verizon costs $1000 extra per year, when doing family plan calculations verizon is only $20-$40 extra per month, the sprint savings get bigger as you have more lines with smartphones, but at absolute most $50 dollars extra per month. And you can't put annual upgrades into the price comparison anymore since sprint is basically getting rid of it unless you are on a really high base plan, and for family plans the annual upgrade was only for primary line anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The phone rings for the under 40 crowd, when their parents call! Lol

Sent from my eVo
    hahaha that is so true especially for my younger siblings...I like to call people when I need instant communication I hate having to wait for someone to text me back.

However, I was kind of mad that webos didnt have visual voicemail, but ended up getting youview app..... but it's funny the only person to ever leave me a voicemail is my mother..no one else ever leaves voicemails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I did not include EVP discounts because I was just trying to compare regularly commercial plans that are available to everyone, remember verizon does have some discounts too.

There is no way verizon costs $1000 extra per year, when doing family plan calculations verizon is only $20-$40 extra per month, the sprint savings get bigger as you have more lines with smartphones, but at absolute most $50 dollars extra per month. And you can't put annual upgrades into the price comparison anymore since sprint is basically getting rid of it unless you are on a really high base plan, and for family plans the annual upgrade was only for primary line anyways.
    Verizon:
    Nationwide Talk & Text Family SharePlan® 1400 119.99 monthly
    Unlimited data 29.99 X 2= $59.98
    VZ Navigator 9.99 X 2= $19.98

Total= $199.95

Sprint:
    Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web + Anymobile Anytime 1500 Minutes + Sprint Navigator

Total= $149.99

Total savings in your bank account with Sprint over life of contract: $1199.04

Not included above is the fact that Nights start at 7 on Sprint vs 9 on Verizon. Adding more anytime minutes will only tilt the analysis in Sprint's favor more heavily.

Prior to Sprint's $10 increase per data line the total savings over life of contract was $1679.04.

Sprint's competitive pricing advantage decreased by $480 or ~29%.
    Last edited by foosball; 01/20/2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Verizon:
    Nationwide Talk & Text Family SharePlan® 1400 119.99 monthly
    Unlimited data 29.99 X 2= $59.98
    VZ Navigator 9.99 X 2= $19.98

Total= $199.95

Sprint:
    Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web + Anymobile Anytime 1500 Minutes + Sprint Navigator

Total= $149.99

Total savings in your bank account with Sprint over life of contract: $1199.04

Not included above is the fact that Nights start at 7 on Sprint vs 9 on Verizon. Adding more anytime minutes will only tilt the analysis in Sprint's favor more heavily.

Prior to Sprint's $10 increase per data line the total savings over life of contract was $1679.04.

Sprint's competitive pricing advantage decreased by $480 or ~29%.
    Like I said a million times, if you use navigation on your phone yes the sprint advantage gets much better. Not everyone needs navigation so you can't just add the Verizon navigation charge when comparing price plans, because it does not apply to everyone.

So in your case if you NEED navigation yes the sprint deal is better, if not, than the plan difference is only $30 per/month....and to add to that much better customer care, especially at the store level, a much bigger better quality nationwide network. And phone selection that is a lot better than sprint.

And finally you can't compare sprints plan before the $10 increase, to verizon's current plan because it depends on what is available at the moment(can't include grandfathered plans). especially since as sprint is becoming more expensive because of data intensive phones, Verizon has already changed their plans for the same reason earlier last year.

you also forgot the fact, if you have casual data users, or as the number of subscribers on the family plan who have non-smartphones increases, the sprint cost advantages are greatly reduced. for example if you have just 1 smart phone on a family plan, with sprint, not only are you paying $10 extra for that smartphone now, but all the add on lines are paying a $20 add on instead of the regular $10 per add on.
    Last edited by Maestro1; 01/20/2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Verizon doesn't allow navigation apps? I'm just wondering because I keep seeing Navigator added in.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I did not include EVP discounts because I was just trying to compare regularly commercial plans that are available to everyone, remember verizon does have some discounts too...
    The Sprint EVP Discount? is available to everyone. All you need is a credit union membershiop for at least 10%.

A discount that is available to everyone should be a part of your comparison.

Verizon discounts are very limited and as you note could not be included.

Plan Comparisons: Sprint, Verizon, ATT - Sprint Wins Big
    Say a typical user only talks when her mom calls so she needs few talk minutes. She texts a lot and needs 1 GB+ a month for movies, streaming music, internet, photos, videos, GPS, etc. She wants a fast smartphone. Here are some samples for an individual and a family of 4.

Summary: An individual with Sprint can expect to save at least $240 over a 24-month contract. A family of four can expect to save at least $1100 over their contract.

Code:
    Monthly         Sprint     Verizon        AT&T
    Individual      $73.00      $89.98      $84.99
    Family (4)     $192.43     $239.93     $289.95   
    ----------------------------------------------
    24 Months       Sprint     Verizon        AT&T
    Individual   $1,752.00   $2,159.52   $2,039.76
    Family (4)   $4,618.32   $5,758.32   $6,958.80

Details of Analysis

Sprint
    Individual
    "Free" Smartphone (like an LG Optimus) with fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $69.99 450 Monthly Anytime Minutes (smallest package)
    -$6.99 Minimum 10% Sprint EVP Discount
    $10.00 Unlimited data
    $0.00 Unlimited messaging
    -------
    $73.00 per month x 24 =
    $1,752.00 for a "free" phones over 24 months
    $1,952.00 for an EVO, Epic, etc. that cost $200
    Note: GPS & Visual Voicemail are free.

Family of 4
    4 "free" smartphones (like an LG Optimus) with fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $129.99 Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime 1500
    $39.38 2 added lines
    -$16.94 Minimum 10% Sprint EVP Discount
    $40.00 Unlimited data (4 x $10)
    $0.00 Unlimited messaging
    -------
    $192.43 per month x 24 =
    $4,618.32 for 4 "free" phones over 24 months
    $5,418.32 for 4 EVO, Epic, etc. ($200 x 4)
    GPS & Visual Voicemail are free.

Note: A 10% - 28% Sprint EVP Discount is available to everyone. All you need is a credit union membershiop for at least 10%.

Verizon
    Individual
    "Free" Smartphone with fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $39.99 450 Monthly Anytime Minutes (smallest package)
    $29.99 Unlimited data
    $20.00 Unlimited messaging
    -------
    $89.98 x 24 =
    $2,159.52 for a "free" phones over 24 months
    $2,359.51 with a $200 a Droid X, iPhone 4, etc.

Note: VZ Navigator GPS is $10 & Visual Voicemail is $3 = $13 x 24 = $313.

Family of 4
    4 "free" smartphones with fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $139.97 Nationwide Talk & Text Family SharePlan® 700 (smallest package)
    $19.98 2 added lines
    $119.96 Unlimited data = $29.99 x 4
    -------
    $239.93 x 24 =
    $5,758.32 for 4 "free" phones over 24 months
    $6,558.28 with 4 Droid X, iPhone 4, etc. (4 x $199.99)

Note: VZ Navigator GPS is $10 & Visual Voicemail is $3 = $13 x 24 x 4= $1252.

AT&T
    Individual
    Free Smartphone and the fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $39.99 Nation 450 w/Rollover® Minutes (smallest package)
    $25.00 DataPro 2 GB for Smartphone
    $20.00 Messaging Unlimited
    -------
    $84.99 x 24 =
    $2,039.76 for a "free" phones over 24 months
    $2,239.76 for the latest Android or iPhone

Note: AT&T Navigator GPS is $10 x 24 = $240.

Family of 4
    Free Smartphone and the fewest talk minutes. Cost per month:
    $139.97 Nation 700 FamilyTalk w/Rollover® Minutes (smallest package)
    $100.00 DataPro 2 GB for Smartphone (4 x $25.00)
    $30.00 Messaging Unlimited for Families
    $19.98 2 added lines
    -------
    $289.95 x 24 =
    $6,958.80 for 4 "free" phones over 24 months
    $7,758.80 for 4 of the latest Androids or iPhones at $200 each

Note: AT&T Navigator GPS is $10 x 24 x 4= $960.

I will copy this out to a new thread so that we can have the cross-platform pricing discussion seperately.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/21/2011 at 12:55 PM.
  10.    #211  
    I thought reviving this was only logical....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

11.    #212  
    ok, I'll start...

For all you Sprint fans... try to defend this...

13.    #214  
    Lol... one time I thought about getting a phone like this....

You know what's funny? The old Sanyo phones actually would have been a better announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Lol... one time I thought about getting a phone like this....

You know what's funny? The old Sanyo phones actually would have been a better announcement.
    Yea.. Isn't is part of kyocera??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i actually had that phone until it died on me lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Wasn't Sprint supposed to die ten years ago? I keep hearing the same line every year and Sprint has probably out lasted the original posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ahh those were the good old days. A phone that lasted a couple days on a single charge, phone bill was around $50 after taxes. I used to love Sanyo phones too. Those days are long gone.

The Pic says Sprint PCS; wasn't that before they bought Nextel and Sprint's logo was red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Ahh those were the good old days. A phone that lasted a couple days on a single charge, phone bill was around $50 after taxes. I used to love Sanyo phones too. Those days are long gone.

The Pic says Sprint PCS; wasn't that before they bought Nextel and Sprint's logo was red?
    Yup

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Virgin may be your best bet.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast