1.    #1  
    Man's life is spared thanks to the battery in his Evo 4g.

Cell Phone Saves Man From Bullet - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
    You know, I heard this story on the news but didn't catch what phone it was. How's THAT for build quality?!!! :-)
    Just awesome!

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    So... We can say the Evo is bullet proof now? lol
    Mythbusters tested something akin to this. Their conclusion was when something like this happens the actual danger of that particular bullet was low - it typically would be the result of a ricochet or a very oblique angle not a direct full on impact.

Having seen what bullets do to car doors and other objects I wouldn't trust my life to a bullet proof vest of cellphones...

What's more amazing is that the phone battery didn't ignite and burn the guy! LiPo's are not fond of physical damage.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yeah it's probably over exaggerating a bit to say that it actually saved his life. Saved from a few days in the hospital yes.
    I think people realize this is more fun than fact. It's not like people are planning to go stop muggers armed only with their Evos. At least I hope this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    yeah it's probably over exaggerating a bit to say that it actually saved his life. Saved from a few days in the hospital yes.
    Actually, his phone was right over his heart, so it did save his life.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  9.    #9  
    This is not the only case of this happening...over the years there have been several victims of gunshots that survived due to there cellphones...I just happen to be an Evo owner.

Some others.

Razor: Cell Phone Over Man's Heart Stops Bullet - New Orleans News Story - WDSU New Orleans

BB : Cell Phone Stops Bullet | abc30.com

Nextel: Last Cell Phone From Krypton Stops Bullet, Saves Harlem Man - Gothamist

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I think people realize this is more fun than fact. It's not like people are planning to go stop muggers armed only with their Evos. At least I hope this is the case.
    Damn! You just ruined all my fun!

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Gives new meaning to the term "battery life".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ...in a related story another man was injured & admitted to the hospital for wounds related to fragmentation. Investigators have said Android is to blame as they have seen millions injured in the same tell-tale way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Gives new meaning to the term "battery life".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    nice
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Actually, his phone was right over his heart, so it did save his life.
    Nah, it entered from the rear, so it probably would have just passed on by if that phone hadn't been in the way.