Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well i had this with the EVO i had before and when I took it into the tech support I was told I had a faulty one. I would just exchange it out and get a new one honestly, cause this isnt normal behavior at all.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Now, I'm on the computer, it's easier to explain more. The Android system will kill apps, as needed, when too many are running and/prprpr $the$ $memory$ $starts$ $to$ $get$ $full$.

Task killers actually screw things up and shouldn't be used.

There was a time when they were needed, but with the new updates, they no longer are.

Many people have experienced similar issues, there are posts on A/C about it and many were solved when they stopped using the task killers.
    you know what I found this very annoying when I was tinkering with my nephews evo. I would much rather handle my own applications. The reasn being he was having trouble with his qik app and I was like well shut it down and restart it. And he was like how do I do that? I said I don't know open up the app manager and shut it down. He says I don't have one I don't need it. So I had to clunk through about 15 different menus to figure out where in he heck I go to shut a specific app down since I have no clue where to find these things on android to finally shut it down and wouldn't you know a simple shut down and restart fixed the problem he has had for two freaking days but never happened because android kept the app in it's freeze state or whatever because he was constantly trying the app every hour or so. That's an exact reason why I have an issue with that. I would much rather control my own apps or at least have the option to without it actually maybe causing issues with my device like you stated.
    I forgot that Evo is on 2.2. You may not need a task killer on 2.2, since it has one as standard. But 2.1 still needs one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I forgot that Evo is on 2.2. You may not need a task killer on 2.2, since it has one as standard. But 2.1 still needs one.
    Not really. I didn't use a task killer on my Evo even before it got upgraded to Froyo.
    Well the Evo is certainly more capable, or should be. But try using the Backflip or Intercept without one, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If you want to use something to monitor for "misbehaving apps" use Watch dog.

Using task killers in Froyo is counterproductive.

Watchdog - Zomut

The fact that you can see an application's process "running" does not mean the application is running or doing anything. It may simply be there because Android needed it at some point, and has decided that it would be best to keep it around in case it needs it again. Likewise, you may leave an application for a little bit and return to it from where you left off, and during that time Android may have needed to get rid of the process for other things.
    A key to how Android handles applications in this way is that processes don't shut down cleanly. When the user leaves an application, its process is kept around in the background, allowing it to continue working (for example downloading web pages) if needed, and come immediately to the foreground if the user returns to it. If a device never runs out of memory, then Android will keep all of these processes around, truly leaving all applications "running" all of the time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12