Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Anybody else get Angry Birds on PS3 this week? Nice playing it on a bigger screen. 55" bigger!!! Now i'll never get anything done around the house.
    Is it any different than the mobile version? Any new levels or anything?
    <<moved from webOS Apps to Cross-Platform Chat>>
    How much are they charging for it?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Aah. There are some things I probably don't want to know! That said, I tried bejeweled on my PS3 and found it to be quite lacking compared to using a touchscreen (PalmOS for that comparison). Although....... I can see Angry Birds porting pretty well to a joystick (I forecast more time wasteage in my future....)
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    How did you get this? Did you go to the PS3 app store? How much is it? Thanks.
    When did AB port to PS3 i was in PS store Tuesday didn't see anything interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    When did AB port to PS3 i was in PS store Tuesday didn't see anything interesting.
    I read that it is coming this week. But I dont know if it is in fact out now. The OP hasnt gotten back to us. And I cant find any confirmation on the internet. Im going to check when I get home from work later today though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Aah. There are some things I probably don't want to know! That said, I tried bejeweled on my PS3 and found it to be quite lacking compared to using a touchscreen (PalmOS for that comparison). Although....... I can see Angry Birds porting pretty well to a joystick (I forecast more time wasteage in my future....)
    I'm not so sure. I think the same thing that happened with your Bejeweled experience will happen with your Angry Birds experience, and it will probably be the same for most people except the diehard Angry Birds fans. Angry Birds is more of a game that you can play quickly while you're on the bus, waiting in line, or just sitting around your house when you don't want to play anything else. On your PS3, you have so many better choices...
    I think the PSP/PS3 version that is coming this week is the same as the phone version. There is a different version coming to 360, PS3 and Wii (at a later date) that will have "more interactive pigs" and be more suited to a console. Not sure if this will be AB2 or something else though.
    Hmm, on second though, I just realized AB would be much more fun with a wii mote, move, and kinect.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I noticed it in the store a couple of days ago. I purchased it last night from the PS3 store for $3.99. Controls are pretty good. L3+X to aim and launch. X to activate birds "actions" when in flight. L1 and L2 to move view left and right. Start for menu options. Haven't figured out if you can zoom out. Would be nice. Only been through the first 8 levels on theme 1. Didn't think to see if it had all of the themes from the latest webOS updates. Will check tonight and let you know. Got 2 eggs to far. Info Menu egg is given automatically. Treasure chest egg is given when you complete the level. Overall, good port from the mobile version IMO.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Just saw a video on Youtube. Looks like it has all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    Anybody else get Angry Birds on PS3 this week? Nice playing it on a bigger screen. 55" bigger!!! Now i'll never get anything done around the house.
    Angry birds on a PS3. This is sad. Console gaming has taken a downward turn. I hope this is just a phase, like the pet rock.