Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is a summary of phone and tablet announcements, reviews, and leaks so far in January 2011.

BlackBerry
    Blackberry WiFi Only Playbook Will Be Released Q1
    Blackberry 4g Playbook Coming to the Sprint 4g Network this Summer

Apple
    Announcements later this month
    Not a new product but...AT&T selling iPhone 3GS for $50

HP/Palm
    Due Feb 9
    Not a new product announcement but... Verizon Palm Pre 2 at Wal-Mart

Android

2.8" to 3.2"
    T-Mobile Motorola Cliq 2
    Bell Canada LG Optimus Chic
    Acer beTouch E140
    AT&T HTC Freestyle
    Acer Liquid Mini
    Acer beTouch E210

3.6" to 3.8"
    Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G - specs - Best Buy - Radio Shack - Hands on
    US Celluar LG Optimus U
    T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ 2
    Huawei IDEOS X5

4.0" to 4.3"
    AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G - Hands-on
    AT&T HTC Inspire 4G - more - Hands-on
    T-Mobile Samsung Nexus S
    Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Verizon Samsung 4G LTE phone
    Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic - Unveiled - Hands on
    Verizon Revolution 4G
    Bell Canada Motorola Atrix 4G - coming to Bell - Hands-on
    LG Optimus 2X - more - demo - commercial
    LG Optimus Black with NOVA Display
    Sony Xperia Play
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ara with Reality Display - announcement - specs
    Sony Anzu
    Vizio 4-inch phone
    Sony PlayStation Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Player Hands-on -iPod-like, no phone

4.5"
    AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G - crazy thin - more

7" to 8"
    Vizio 8- inch tablet
    ASUS 7" Android tablet
    Samsung WiFi only Galaxy Tabs
    Panasonic Viera Tablet
    T-Mobile Dell Streak 7

9" to 10"
    AT&T Pandigital 9-Inch Android Tablet
    ASUS 10" Android tablets
    Verizon Acer ICONIA A500
    Motorola Xoom Tablet - Intro - press release - Hands on
    T-Mobile LG 4G G-Slate - Videos
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Sony PlayStation Tablet
    Dell Streak 10 tablet

If you find any other stories about phones, tablets, or players on other platforms in January, please post the link in this thread. I will add it to this opeing post. If you want to talk about "Other Stuff at CES" please post in that thread.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/06/2011 at 09:27 PM.
    nice work.
    Your info aggregation skills never cease to amaze me.

It looks like good times for geeks in 2011 !

@milo
    I need a user name to view the aol stuff. Don't want to remember mine lol.
    Android is kicking some ***! Sammy and Moto phones look to tall and long I prefer htc's more squared look.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    And to think that all of the orders for all of these devices are going to have to be put on hold until HP announces what they are doing on Feb 9.
    To be fair, none will be available for CONSUMER order until after HP's event, so there's that ray of hope. But carriers will most definitely place orders for some of these devices they haven't already announced for release later in the year.

I don't see HP coming anywhere near Motorola's Q1 window for the Xoom, tho. They're going to be way behind when it comes to Verizon.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    To be fair, none will be available for CONSUMER order until after HP's event...
    The EVO Shift is already in stores but they cannot sell it until the 9th...with one exception. Radio Shack has the EVO Shift in stock and are selling them today (01/06/11):

Twitter / RadioShack: Get your @Sprint HTC EVO S ...

Get your @Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G at The Shack this Thursday! Cool just got affordable with a $149.99 price tag and NO mail-in rebates.

Also, I will have to go back through the 38 stories but I think that a couple others are for delivery this month or the first week of next month.

The EVO is $149 too:
    http://radioshackwireless.com/eComme...ioshack&agent=
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/06/2011 at 02:11 PM.
  8.    #9  
    Thanks, I just added them to the OP and will update the thread title.
    Man I like that Motorola Xoom with Androids new honeycomb OS...to bad its for Verizon or it would be mines.

Sfm Evo
    Thanks OP. This saves on trying to find everything, good lookin' out.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    The problem is these devices are becoming increasingly hard to differentiate. They even pretty much look the same.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    The problem is these devices are becoming increasingly hard to differentiate. They even pretty much look the same.
    Natural evolution of a market.
    PSPphone In Action (Brazilian Portuguese):

http://www.kotaku.com.br/conteudo/vi...phone-em-acao/

Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 01/07/2011 at 07:01 AM.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    To be fair, none will be available for CONSUMER order until after HP's event, so there's that ray of hope.
    Does HP's invitation to take a peek at their new offerings in February suggest that stuff will also be available for purchase at that time?

I'm really bummed out HP/Palm didn't at least throw us a bigger bone to chew on at CES Hell they couldn't even show us some blurry photochopped mock-up's of what they're up to??
    Highly doubtful. Scheduling a hardware for retail release at the same time of its announcement is ripe for screwups - like some guy at Best Buy putting it out in the display case or even selling it days prior to actual release - killing the anticipation.
    Not only that, but in these leaky days, there would almost certainly be inventory system and accessory shots spoiling the specific announcement all over the Internet.
    Man with so many phones being released constantly with Android OS it seems like your phone is outdated 3 months after you buy it.
    Is it just me, or do all these announcements of different tablets discuss all the wonderful features of the new tablets but not once did I read in any of the descriptions the battery life. You think you would advertise excellent battery life right away on your products. Hmmm.
    Actually I thought at least one of them mentioned battery life. I can't remember which one though. I thought I heard 6-10 hours for one of the tablets.
  19.    #20  
    Most of these are just prototypes with no real usability since Honeycomb hasn't even been announced yet...
    Andy Rubin showed Honeycomb the first week of December and he said that the Motorola tablet he demoed was running Honeycomb. Rubin is the VP of Engineering for Google and the founder of Android. Here is the interview:
    Full Interview Video of Google Android Head Andy Rubin at D: Dive Into Mobile | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD

Google has released videos showing the Honeycomb features as well. They are on their websites.

Motorola and most of the other tablet companies had Honecomb running and let people play with it this week.

If Honeycomb isn't annouced yet, they should stop showing it..and talking about it...and doing videos...

Someone needs to text Andy.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/07/2011 at 06:33 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast