1.    #1  
    Why in heavens name, is there not a mobile OS based camera/media player??? I mentioned this about the ipod touch previously, but it surprises me more that there is no android based camera! I know we are not at a point to replace point and shoots with cell phones, but there are plenty of point and shoots running clunky slow OS's, with small batteries and limited capabilities. Why is there no Camera with gps/wifi (geotaging and sharing) that has a mobile OS to run it. I think a 4 inch media device with a big battery, real camera lens capable of recording 1080p and maybe 12.1 megapixel (to keep cost down) running (dare i say it) android. I'd actually prefere an ipod touch camera with gps because then i would need one less device, but wouldn't mind an android one either because then I'd have all three OS's. i currently have a samsung dualview and to me, it was too highly over priced for it's quality and function. it has a 3.5 inch touchscreen which is slow, image quality varies and isn't always great (get alot of weird distortion on edges sometimes) yet my friend (whom bought it for me for christmas a year ago) spent 300 dollars. i'm sure it's possible, and wouldn't need a 16 mpx lens since 10 was perfectly fine for me. Just needs a high quality camera lens and sensor, a 3x zoom and all the goodies of a modern smartphone minus the cellular radio. Does anyone else feel this would be awesome! Honestly I don't care if HP comes out with one, I would prefer it be android or ios unless hp can make a point and shoot replaceable phone which would be even better (i wouldn't want an hp webos camera because I don't need two of the exact same OS devices... though if it was affordable and only mobile os one i would get it, but Id prefer it be ios so i can sell ipod touch and get it, or android so i can have all three OS's)

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Why in heavens name, is there not a mobile OS based camera/media player??? I mentioned this about the ipod touch previously, but it surprises me more that there is no android based camera! I know we are not at a point to replace point and shoots with cell phones, but there are plenty of point and shoots running clunky slow OS's, with small batteries and limited capabilities. Why is there no Camera with gps/wifi (geotaging and sharing) that has a mobile OS to run it. I think a 4 inch media device with a big battery, real camera lens capable of recording 1080p and maybe 12.1 megapixel (to keep cost down) running (dare i say it) android. I'd actually prefere an ipod touch camera with gps because then i would need one less device, but wouldn't mind an android one either because then I'd have all three OS's. i currently have a samsung dualview and to me, it was too highly over priced for it's quality and function. it has a 3.5 inch touchscreen which is slow, image quality varies and isn't always great (get alot of weird distortion on edges sometimes) yet my friend (whom bought it for me for christmas a year ago) spent 300 dollars. i'm sure it's possible, and wouldn't need a 16 mpx lens since 10 was perfectly fine for me. Just needs a high quality camera lens and sensor, a 3x zoom and all the goodies of a modern smartphone minus the cellular radio. Does anyone else feel this would be awesome! Honestly I don't care if HP comes out with one, I would prefer it be android or ios unless hp can make a point and shoot replaceable phone which would be even better (i wouldn't want an hp webos camera because I don't need two of the exact same OS devices... though if it was affordable and only mobile os one i would get it, but Id prefer it be ios so i can sell ipod touch and get it, or android so i can have all three OS's)
    First steps:
    Samsung's WiFi-enabled SH100 shoots in 14.2MP, uses your Android as a viewfinder -- Engadget
  3.    #3  
    I saw that And it made me think. It just drives me crazy needing 3 devices all the time lol. I think for females it's slightly easier due to them having a purse.