1.    #1  
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/..._breakdown.PNG

"Fragmentation" isn't as big of a deal as it was, if it ever was.
    Awesome, its the #2 OS nipping at Symbian heels on its way to be #1.

Sfm Evo
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...mbers-november

The Android army is on the march to be #1 OS in the world...its not like its a big surprise with the amount of devices being dished out monthly.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...mbers-november

The Android army is on the march to be #1 OS in the world...its not like its a big surprise with the amount of devices being dished out monthly.

Sfm Evo
    That poll counts all the BB's out there as "smart phones" a category placement I would take issue with.

If you take the BB dumb-terminals out of the mix it looks even better for Android, they would be #1 overall.

Palm at 3.9 is not bad given the overall situation. I wonder what HP would consider a "win" a year from now? 10%? 15? Probably should make that a year from actual new device introduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    That poll counts all the BB's out there as "smart phones" a category placement I would take issue with.
    On what basis?
    yeah BB are smartphones last time I checked, and yeah its def no surprise of android at #1, though I thought they had said this 2 months ago? What Im always eager to see is what the end of this year with webos, WP7, and Verizon iphone what the market share will look like.
    Let's see. I have apps, internet, email, text, office program and media capabilities on my Curve. The OS and hardware isn't fancy like Android or iOS, but the functionality is clearly "'smartphone" variety. And I have been able to get much business done on my Blackberry. That = "smartphone" to me. BB was also one of the original smartphones before things got fancy.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Let's see. I have apps, internet, email, text, office program and media capabilities on my Curve. The OS and hardware isn't fancy like Android or iOS, but the functionality is clearly "'smartphone" variety. And I have been able to get much business done on my Blackberry. That = "smartphone" to me. BB was also one of the original smartphones before things got fancy.
    +1

Ahhh how quickly people forget the fact that iOS was NOT considered a smartphone, when it was introduced.. So now Apple redefined smartphone to take BBerry out of the equation?

Bah!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/t...sic&postPage=1

http://www.betanews.com/article/Repo...one/1169746276

And one siding that it is a smartphone
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/12/21/iphone-smartphone/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I hate to say this but Blackberry is the only smartphone; it does everything and it does it best and simple. it is a workhorse; If i was running a business i would not use anything but a blackberry.

I would call android and IOS and webos more like; entertainment phones.
    Android takin over
    As long as I can get email and certain types of apps(no, not like Pandora, lol), Android can also be used for business. It's also more versatile and robust than BB on the right hardware. But Maestro1 is right about the fact that BB=business first. That's why the OS keeps getting bashed by recent reviewers wowed by Android and iOS. It's bare bones with entertainment as an afterthought. I thought they made some progress with BB OS6, people are still unhappy. RIM will eventually have to start rewriting their OS from the ground up too, or risk being only for the corporate crowd again.

Amazingly I'm now on the BB more than the Android because of the push email and compact size(I enlarged the fonts), even though Android is clearly the more versatile OS.

Unfortunately I still have had no opportunity to fully try out webOS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    As long as I can get email and certain types of apps(no, not like Pandora, lol), Android can also be used for business. It's also more versatile and robust than BB on the right hardware. But Maestro1 is right about the fact that BB=business first. That's why the OS keeps getting bashed by recent reviewers wowed by Android and iOS. It's bare bones with entertainment as an afterthought. I thought they made some progress with BB OS6, people are still unhappy. RIM will eventually have to start rewriting their OS from the ground up too, or risk being only for the corporate crowd again.

Amazingly I'm now on the BB more than the Android because of the push email and compact size(I enlarged the fonts), even though Android is clearly the more versatile OS.

Unfortunately I still have had no opportunity to fully try out webOS.
    As long as there are IT depts bberry (even in it's OS5 form) will always be around

And contrary to all the "tech" blogs.. I like the Torch!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    BBerry the only smartphone? lol wut?

I'd say the iPhone is looking REALLY solid as an enterprise device and companies are just now starting to allow android in (but it still needs a bit of work i think.