1.    #1  
    Between Kinect (I know they just bought it but still) and Microsoft shows off next generation of Surface, has per-pixel touch detection -- Engadget The next 5 to 10 years are going to be sick.
    If the world does not end in the next 15 or so years I really feel like my generation (28 years old) might just live forever.
    Don't down play Microsoft buying the tech. They still did TONS of back end work with that thing.

For as complicated of a device, and how easily things could mess up or just be annoying they really put that thing together and are doing great in sales.

But yeah MS is always up to some crazy stuff....good to see stuff actually coming out now. I would love a surface coffee table.
    I hope we get to live forever. I wanna see what kinda gadgets we will be arguing about in 3011
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Don't down play Microsoft buying the tech. They still did TONS of back end work with that thing.

For as complicated of a device, and how easily things could mess up or just be annoying they really put that thing together and are doing great in sales.

But yeah MS is always up to some crazy stuff....good to see stuff actually coming out now. I would love a surface coffee table.
    i was giving credit i just thought i would get ripped for it. I am betting on nanoworms to be our saviors or our killers.
    Uh, the they are nano crustaceans...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    but they killed the Courier
    Providing we still are here (wasn't really believing in the whole 2012 thing untill recently with all the fish and bird deaths) we will have an awesome technological advancement in the next few years
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    but they killed the Courier
    Killed is a harsh term. I bet we see the form factor with Windows 8. Killed the team, ended the project... yes. Killed the ideas and research i doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I hope we get to live forever. I wanna see what kinda gadgets we will be arguing about in 3011

The impending release of webOS 2.1.1!!!

hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    The impending release of webOS 2.1.1!!!

hahahaha
    Very clever
    Its not just microsoft, I feel this huge technology revolution in the next decade. Im seeing it all over.

-HP and Palm, and whatever HP has in the works for cloud computing and integrated devices.

--Microsoft, also in the sense of cloud and integrated technology. Also the kinect, and whatever microsoft has in mind for the next generation video game system.

--Motorola, I am so impressed with the new spin-off motorola (motorola mobility), who analysts and experts thought was dead and never had a sucessful product after the razr.
    the new phones, and the motorola webtop (hd dock), with a unique approach and good user interface

Lets not forget all the acquisitions of small tech companies by the big ones in 2010, and probably many more in 2011.

I just have a hunch that the decade we will see this explosion of integrated/connected technologies.

I hope though that doesn't cause another tech bubble in the market that will burst like the internet bubble in early 2000.

Think about it 80's we had a financial bubble that burst with the savings and loan fiasco in the late 80's, 90's the internet tech bubble that bursted in the markets in late 90's early 2000. Than another financial bubble in 2000's decade mainly through debt markets and realestate; that burst in 2008 with current recession. and now starting in 2011 we have this new focus on technology and I am hoping this doesn't turn into a bubble that bursts, ecspecially in the financial markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Its not just microsoft, I feel this huge technology revolution in the next decade. Im seeing it all over.
    Hasn't it already happened? With e-readers and consoles and tablets and smartphones we're already living and working in a post-PC world.

Microsoft announcing Windows 8 for ARM processors is pretty incredible to me because it shows that Microsoft realizes they've hit the end of the line with Wintel PCs.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Microsoft Surfaces are intense! I'm hoping for the day this stuff'll become affordable for consumers to have in their homes.

I actually thought this was even cooler TBH:
    Fulton Innovation blows our minds with eCoupled wireless Tesla, inductive cereal boxes (video) -- Engadget
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Microsoft Surfaces are intense! I'm hoping for the day this stuff'll become affordable for consumers to have in their homes.

I actually thought this was even cooler TBH:
    Fulton Innovation blows our minds with eCoupled wireless Tesla, inductive cereal boxes (video) -- Engadget
    Ya thats George Jetson stuff. Next thing you know your car will be in your briefcase.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Hasn't it already happened? With e-readers and consoles and tablets and smartphones we're already living and working in a post-PC world.

Microsoft announcing Windows 8 for ARM processors is pretty incredible to me because it shows that Microsoft realizes they've hit the end of the line with Wintel PCs.
    I like me a wintel machine but competition is always good.
    Kudos to Microsoft for being assertive.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Ya thats George Jetson stuff. Next thing you know your car will be in your briefcase.
    I remember seeing an actual picture of the guy driving this thing from a couple years ago but I can't find it now.

kart