Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out the vid.

To be clear, I hate Google in much the same way as many of you hate Apple. I think the interface in this vid, provided it offers a consistent experience, is equal to the iOS interface, if not better. It should demo well for the general public.

Now, they need to work on close integration with hardware. I am very interested to see this on iPad quality hardware at 10 inches. Google also needs to work on accessibility for the blind and visually impaired. VoiceOver on iDevices is truly revolutionary. With these enhancements, Android tablets will be serious players.
    Like!
    This "might" be the year I get a tablet. I'm still not interested in anything that is locked to a carrier (I already have a phone). I want a wifi-only solution (I can tether if I need). So far, I've played with the iPad and GalaxyTab and I'd take the iPad over the gTab. Waiting for 1 or 2 more comparison worthy devices (with a wifi-only solution).
    Can't find the video...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Can't find the video...
    Wait a while then scroll down. It taks a little while to load.
    This is beautiful. I wonder if they will have two different versions of android now. One for tablets and one for phones. Very impressed by google. But I really didn't expect anything less.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    This is beautiful. I wonder if they will have two different versions of android now. One for tablets and one for phones. Very impressed by google. But I really didn't expect anything less.
    Honeycomb is tablet only....but all android apps will run on honeycomb and developers can build one app that houses Honeycomb features as well as normal android features.

So Gmail for instance is the same .apk in the market for both the tablet and phone version.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Wait a while then scroll down. It taks a little while to load.
    I'm mobile right now and the youtube link didn't work. I'll just check it out when I get to my PC.
    This is what I have hoped HP/Palm will do with their tablet. Make it webOS but make it specifically for tablets. Not like the ipad that just made their iOS bigger.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This is what I have hoped HP/Palm will do with their tablet. Make it webOS but make it specifically for tablets. Not like the ipad that just made their iOS bigger.
    I have to strongly disagree. There is very little of the iPhone in the iPad interface. I believe you are confusing the design language, which is the same, with the interface. The iPad is a different animal from the iPhone. It's poodles and wolves.
    I don't see anything I would give up webOS for. More eye candy, but still Android! Call me a phanboy but, it just isn't there...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Love it. Can't say I am looking for a tablet, tho. iPad, Honeycomb or otherwise. Should be very competitive against the iPad 2. Should make people forget the Playbook exists. Can't say what it means against HP until we see what they got.

Curious to see how soon each one will make it to market.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Call me a phanboy but, it just isn't there...
    If I did that, a mod would remove my post. Still, I would say you are wearing wOS tinted occluders. The average Jane will not see wOS and immediately be taken by the interface. Honeycomb is plenty polished enough for the general public. You may not switch from wOS; who cares! The average tablet buyer will be very impressed with Honeycomb. It will be on the level of iOS. Like it or not, the game has changed. wOS will have to bring more than a nice interface to the game.
    Put it on this tablet and it will be an iPad killer for sure, in fact I don't expect Palm to come up with a tablet this innovative and well designed. My phone and tablet might not share the same OS this year
    Honeycomb looks pretty good. Hopefully HP can do better...
    I'd rethink android phones if the os looked this polished on the phones. I'm hoping this will drive the palm pad to become better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I'd rethink android phones if the os looked this polished on the phones. I'm hoping this will drive the palm pad to become better.
    Drive it to become better? Wouldn't that mean the device it no where ready yet? I'm assuming they have passed the point of allowing re-designs by now. If not, then it's further off into the future than anyone believes.
    Google, Apple, and RIM are in the game... Android looking the most groundbreaking of the bunch... Let's hope HP really has been "thinking beyond"

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    It's still a game i don't find that useful yet. I hardly use the ipad other than to maintain it for the kiddo. It's too redundant when you already have a better smartphone that does similar.
    Honeycomb looks great indeed! And I hopefully soon will be able to stroll into a BestBuy or something like that & test drive one, right beside a WebOS tablet. It'll be an interesting thing to see and if WebOS is as-good-or-better then us the consumer will have a lot of great stuff to choose from.

Personally though my "dream tablet" will likely need to be dual-booted with something from Windows as well as either WebOS or Honeycomb or maybe even Linux Ubuntu. I want the tablet to be FLEXIBLE, and dual/multi bootable would help do that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast