Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Join the discussion about CES and products that do not fall under the HP/Palm umbrella.

Comparison threads can be separate if there is legitimate need. Troll threads will be deleted.

Thanks.

PreCentral
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/01/2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: removed sticky
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

The specs on this thing are amazing, 1.2ghz dual core, 1gb ram, hi-res display, 1900mah battery, and 4g. This is now the new bar, and just like the nexus 1 last year, this could be a sign of what to expect from smartphones this year. You think the new webos phones will match this?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    The specs on this thing are amazing, 1.2ghz dual core, 1gb ram, hi-res display, 1900mah battery, and 4g. This is now the new bar, and just like the nexus 1 last year, this could be a sign of what to expect from smartphones this year. You think the new webos phones will match this?
    HP will definitely need to announce some 4G devices for LTE, HSPA+, and/or WiMax if they're going to be a carrier priority. But aside from that and a nice display, they really need to focus more on software than specs. If Palm Pre 2 users are still getting TMC errors with WebOS 2.0, there's still a good deal of software optimization that needs to be done, apparently. And apps, apps, apps, apps, apps. Can't say it enough.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    WebOS needs to evolve and grow, sure. But even where its at, many still consider it one of...if not the best...mobile OS. The issue is two fold for WebOS devices:

1. Outdated, unattractive, or poor hardware or all of the above.
    2. Slow growth of the app store.

I'm looking forward to the new features of WebOS 2.0 and aside from a few new camera features (such as some digital zoom, please), there's no major tweaks that I think absolutely have to be made NOW.

I'm much more curious to see what new hardware they're putting out, how that hardware stacks up to the competition, and what their plans to spur developer growth is. I love WebOS and its what kept me so far, but the other OS's are improving while gaining light years on Palm's hardware options and application options. If Palm recloses that gap a bit they're still viable, but they can't continue with tired hardware.

From the sounds of it, hopefully this event will do that.

I love the Atrix's laptop docking station.
  5.    #5  
    Well, heck.... I guess I'll start.

Did any of you see the next gen of Microsoft Surface? It can recognize at the pixel level, and it can scan a picture/writing just by laying it on the surface.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/m...-per-pixel-to/
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

I actually havent done any search to see what will be shown at CES because I want to be surprised. I love technology, even things that I dont find useful.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    I was out all day so I missed most of the CES blogs but I just did a few scrolls and all I saw was tablets. Some things that were really interesting were that competitors like Android's Honeycomb and Windows tablets all have cards. So lets put that in perspective, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, all have card like features in their new upcoming tablets, all 3 major players also have actual models to play around or view how the software.

It must be sad that Palm's webOS has yet to see light in the tablet sector. So much potential and it might be wasted. Since all companies beat them to the punch to show it off.
    The Motorola Xoom has been announced, and as far as I'm concerned, is the one to beat. Check it out.

As I stated in my previous post, I hate Google much the same as many of you hate Apple. But the Xoom looks like the real deal. I am noticing a definite move away from the 7" formfactor. This is getting good.
    All those tablets are drowning each other out right now. HP is waiting to showcase it's stuff a month from now so the tablet doesn't have to share coverage with a hundred other tablets.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes google is killing it so far this ces, its crazy. so disappointed hpalm have nothing to show,
    I don't think anyone's trying to copy them. There's a reason they won't release it yet. But then again Droid and apple already have a tablet so maybe BB would attempt.
    That's hot. Still, everyone is locking into carriers.
    it looks cool. Only thing is android tablets always leave something to be desired. On the other hand the droid bionic looks really good. Hope HP/Palm has something similar.
    Samsung has finally announced a WIFI only Galaxy Tab. I hope it doesn't take that long for some of these other tablets to be let free. It just doesn't make sense that some of the same companies that are offering mobile hotspot phones are also offering contract only tablets.

And yes Moto is once again proving that they are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to mobile devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    I hope it doesn't take that long for some of these other tablets to be let free. It just doesn't make sense that some of the same companies that are offering mobile hotspot phones are also offering contract only tablets.
    Amen! Sigh. I just don't want to be tied to a carrier for a tablet (especially with those ridiculous data plans ).
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    it looks cool. Only thing is android tablets always leave something to be desired. On the other hand the droid bionic looks really good. Hope HP/Palm has something similar.
    You speak as if Honeycomb tablets have been around for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You speak as if Honeycomb tablets have been around for quite some time.
    I was taking about all the tabs out now. this one actually looks cool. The polish on it is really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Are there reports of TMC errors on the Palm Pre 2? I haven't had one since I OC'd to 1.2GHz so I would hope the hardware boost would have fixed that problem. I am not saying they shouldn't optimize but there should be no TMC errors running at 1GHz.
    Well, you know, the TMC errors have nothing to do with the speed that the processor is running at. Rather, they're caused by low memory.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    These two videos One of the Motorola XOOM and the other of the Android 3.0 Honeycomb
    Look familiar with some mobile OS? Now the competition is matching in some way very close to webOS. What to expect in this February 9,2011 HP announcement.? If they really want to go beyond ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast