Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    Not sure if anyone pickup on this, but every smartphone introduced by Verizon is sporting a 4.3" display! And I believe the Atrix with ATT has a 4" display.

    I think we are seeing a trend in display size for 2011. Wonder if HP will follow?

    I love the large display on my Droid X, so Im encouraged to see this size is continuing in 2011.

    I like it!!
    I hope not, I'm not a fan of the new jumbo phones. I think the size of the iPhone, same as the black jack and nokia e71x, is the prefect size for a slab phone and I really like the size of the current pre, though it could be a little bit bigger. I think 3.7-3.8 might be the biggest that could fit on a slab phone that size and for a pre like device I think maybe a 3.4-3.6 might be as big as I would want.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  2. #82  
    Motorola Atrix 4G, HD multimedia dock, and laptop dock hands-on -- Engadget

    Motorola Atrix is the best of show at CES to this point. Will H/Palm be able to integrate desktop view into WebOS? I am really beginning to feel WebOS will not be able to contend with Android anymore. Any thoughts?
  3. #83  
    We won't know much for a month...see you Feb. 9th....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  4. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I hope not, I'm not a fan of the new jumbo phones. I think the size of the iPhone, same as the black jack and nokia e71x, is the prefect size for a slab phone and I really like the size of the current pre, though it could be a little bit bigger. I think 3.7-3.8 might be the biggest that could fit on a slab phone that size and for a pre like device I think maybe a 3.4-3.6 might be as big as I would want.
    You know, I thought 4.3 was too big also. But in all honesty, Im enjoying it. I could never go back to a smaller screen now. With the advancements in technology with these new phones, what better way to enjoy the full compliments of the world wide web then on a larger, beautiful display?

    I think people hear "4.3" and gasp "OMG...I don't want a TV in my pocket". But in reality, is not that extreme. Its a great size.
  5. #85  
    Thats the whole point of the Enyo framework....making webOS work with all screen sizes from from smartphone to tablet:

  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    You know, I thought 4.3 was too big also. But in all honesty, Im enjoying it. I could never go back to a smaller screen now. With the advancements in technology with these new phones, what better way to enjoy the full compliments of the world wide web then on a larger, beautiful display?

    I think people hear "4.3" and gasp "OMG...I don't want a TV in my pocket". But in reality, is not that extreme. Its a great size.
    I like 4.3 but i dont like the buttons at the bottom I could use a webOS phone of that size though assuming the gesture area was a little bit larger that the buttons on the EVO.
  7. #87  
    Now the Motorola Atrix videos joined together in one and with music. It is much better to appreciate the key features of this phone on the video.

  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    I think it's great that so many have followed with a webOS like UI's. If HP webOS dies, we will still have some form of it with Android or BlackBerry.
    You are absolutely right! Worse case scenario....all the HP execs run away to some desert island, put all their money offshore and other companies take the best parts of webOS and integrates it with their OS's. I'd like to see them succeed, and I'd like to still have webOS, but from the looks of things, regardless whether Palm invented it or not, it is influencing other OS's and to some degree, webOS will still be around. Who knows, if you think about what we had 10 years ago, what we have now, and what we'll have 10 years from now..... I think we'll be miles ahead and who knows what else is in store?
  9. #89  
    Verizon Presentation Jan 6-4G LTE Summary Video including after back stage brief demos and comments:

  10. #90  
    This is a video summary of the most showed smartphones 3G and 4G at CES.
    (In the case of the Motorola Cliq2 the picture is of the version 1)
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    Not sure if anyone pickup on this, but every smartphone introduced by Verizon is sporting a 4.3" display! And I believe the Atrix with ATT has a 4" display.

    I think we are seeing a trend in display size for 2011. Wonder if HP will follow?

    I love the large display on my Droid X, so Im encouraged to see this size is continuing in 2011.

    I like it!!
    I'm seriously considering upgrading my phone to the Atrix if Palm doesn't come out with something good in February. 4" is a perfect size in my opinion. Not too big, not too small, lots of horsepower.
  12. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #92  
    I was pretty impressed with the Atrix and all it could do but I don't see the docks as something practical.

    If you're carrying around something the size of a netbook, why chose the webtop dock when a netbook does more and frees up your smartphone? And if I'm at a desktop setting, why run off a smartphone when a desktop does more, faster and again frees up your smartphone? The TV dock looks like it's the most useful but again, your phone is tied up when the docks is being used.

    Now say you have an only Atrix setup. All the docks. No netbook and no desktop. Your docks are waiting for you to come dock your Atrix to be used. You get to use one device at a time because your docks need the Atrix to do anything. Use a dock and your phone is tied up and you can do no multi-device multitasking with the docks. The docks are useless without the phone. IMO, it is more useful for each device to have it's own computing power than to have one computing device and a bunch of docks.
  13. #93  
    I agree. I think the docks are not very useful. I'd prefer cloud and streaming.
  14. #94  
    spare, those are also my feelings about the docks. Well said. I don't think the Atrix will be a mainstream hit. But it will be like the Nexus One: something that super geeks will absolutely love. The complete Atrix set will be an instant collectors item. No one is going to put down their MBA for an Atrix dock. But they will love to boast about having an Atrix dock.
  15. PLinger's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the Atrix and all it could do but I don't see the docks as something practical.

    If you're carrying around something the size of a netbook, why chose the webtop dock when a netbook does more and frees up your smartphone? And if I'm at a desktop setting, why run off a smartphone when a desktop does more, faster and again frees up your smartphone? The TV dock looks like it's the most useful but again, your phone is tied up when the docks is being used.

    Now say you have an only Atrix setup. All the docks. No netbook and no desktop. Your docks are waiting for you to come dock your Atrix to be used. You get to use one device at a time because your docks need the Atrix to do anything. Use a dock and your phone is tied up and you can do no multi-device multitasking with the docks. The docks are useless without the phone. IMO, it is more useful for each device to have it's own computing power than to have one computing device and a bunch of docks.
    I don't know about the Atrix docks tying up the phone part as you can still use your phone in webtop mode...

    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    spare, those are also my feelings about the docks. Well said. I don't think the Atrix will be a mainstream hit. But it will be like the Nexus One: something that super geeks will absolutely love. The complete Atrix set will be an instant collectors item. No one is going to put down their MBA for an Atrix dock. But they will love to boast about having an Atrix dock.
    The Atrix will still be the most powerful Android phone on AT&T. Scratch that, it will be the most powerful phone on AT&T period. If AT&T pushes this as their flagship smartphone instead of iPhone it'll be a decent seller—even if the pubic doesn't take to the docks concept. I can see a few business users replacing a $999 MBA (with no embedded 3G modem) for a ~$200 Atrix dock with a 4G modem that they don't have to pay extra tethering fees for** and access to Citrix.

    **assuming AT&T doesn't require tethering fees for using the docks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions