Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    HP will definitely need to announce some 4G devices for LTE, HSPA+, and/or WiMax if they're going to be a carrier priority. But aside from that and a nice display, they really need to focus more on software than specs. If Palm Pre 2 users are still getting TMC errors with WebOS 2.0, there's still a good deal of software optimization that needs to be done, apparently. And apps, apps, apps, apps, apps. Can't say it enough.
    I disagree with you,hardware matters alot and yes WebOS has some growing to do but it is the best OS as of now.If you notice.Other OS's are trying to mimic WebOS.So it def needs hardward to help the softwared run smoothly.
    Hardware over software? C'mon,this is hared dual core chips,Mp cameras,Hi-res screen.How can you put software over hardware? they go hand in hand.
  2. #62  
    I agree, I imagine a tablet that can share data and functionality with a laptop, combined with a with a webOS watch for connectivity and a BT headset.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  3. #63  
    <<threads merged>>
  4. #64  
    Ahh, threads merged. Now my last comment doesnt make sense. lol. Ok I will try again. The FIRST Xoom tablet video on this site:

    Motorola Xoom becomes official, headed to Verizon in Q1, upgradeable to 4G in Q2 -- Engadget

    Does anyone know of a mobile operating system that has the same kind of navigation on the home screen that kinda scrolls the same as the video here does on the right hand side? I have seen the video last year sometime but I dont remember what phone or OS it was. I think it was something not available yet.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Ahh, threads merged. Now my last comment doesnt make sense. lol. Ok I will try again. The FIRST Xoom tablet video on this site:

    Motorola Xoom becomes official, headed to Verizon in Q1, upgradeable to 4G in Q2 -- Engadget

    Does anyone know of a mobile operating system that has the same kind of navigation on the home screen that kinda scrolls the same as the video here does on the right hand side? I have seen the video last year sometime but I dont remember what phone or OS it was. I think it was something not available yet.
    Sorry about that. Sometimes merges do that. I appreciate your restating so it will hang together. Cheers!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sorry about that. Sometimes merges do that. I appreciate your restating so it will hang together. Cheers!
    No problem, Its your job right? lol. If it weren't for you guys, this whole site would be a mess of similar threads.
  7. #67  
    I haven't received a TMC error, I don't think, since I've been running on my original Pre at 1GHz. Anyway, HP better have some amazing announcements on Feb 9th or I'm gone. Why? Hardware absolutely does matter, and it matters a lot. Hardware directly contributes to a positive user experience. Longer times between charges, a more clear, easy to read display. More sensitive and larger touch screen surface to interact with combined with a faster processor makes a lot of apps far more enjoyable, and some more powerful apps possible in the first place. Better cameras, 4G speeds, video chat, and easier device to device connectivity enhance your overall experience.

    webOS 1.4.5 is no longer significantly superior to Android, and that's what the vast majority of us have to work with. webOS 2.0 has been out and available on Palm Pre 2's since October, yet it's so buggy it hasn't made it to the rest of us.

    Face it. Nothing HP/Palm currently offers can even compete, let alone beat the latest Android phones being announced.
  8. #68  
    I'm not saying there won't be something amazing on Feb 9. Just that whatever is announced there (god I hope) isn't currently available. Hope for a dramatically better device on webOS is why I'm not rushing out the door to buy some new Android device right now despite being upgrade eligible since July of last year.

    You know... that just scares me. February 9th big announcement... It's here! The Palm Pre 2 on Verizon!!! ugh. That would suck soooo bad.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I disagree with you,hardware matters alot and yes WebOS has some growing to do but it is the best OS as of now.If you notice.Other OS's are trying to mimic WebOS.So it def needs hardward to help the softwared run smoothly.
    Hardware over software? C'mon,this is hared dual core chips,Mp cameras,Hi-res screen.How can you put software over hardware? they go hand in hand.
    Well, iPhone 4, for example, doesn't have a huge screen, nor the highest mega pixel camera, nor the fastest clocked processor. But there's not a device on the market that completely equals it in device responsiveness and loading times. And consumers buy it over any other single model device.

    Yes, WebOS needs a bigger and better screen, but it's got to be software optimized to run iPhone-smooth across a range of devices including the 2 million or so WebOS devices already out there. There's no excuse for a Pre 2 to have a TMC error with a handful of website cards open. Not when the Playbook - IN BETA FORM - can run a 1080p video, Quake 3, and several other apps simultaneously. There are notebooks that can't do that.
  10. #70  
    I am a little surprised how Motorola has thought about all the correct accesories to bring the users with probably all they need with the Atrix ( wrong carrier ) but still a strong competitor out there for any 4G smartphone.

    The laptop-dock remembers me a little the not realized Foleo, hard to say at this time if all the concept is in that accessory , however just inserting the Atrix in the dock and a webtop app allows inmmediately to have all your Atrix smartphone stuff on it.

    The videos from Motorola I have uploaded on youtube originally with no sound shows some of the boundaries of this device.















  11. #71  
    Verizons news super phone is "awesome" but still not enough for me to give up Sprint.

    Motorola Droid Bionic hands-on -- Engadget

    Sfm Evo
  12. #72  
    I really like this phone!! If HP/Palm doesn't wow me on feb 9th this may be my next phone.
  13. #73  
    ATT's motorola atrix is pretty "awesome" too; so where on earth is sprint's awesome motorola phone?
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    I agree 100% that palm needs to have a lag-free, smooth as iphone device next. I think they will do that. I don't have any doubt they will get rid of TMC errors.
    If they haven't solved it with twice the RAM, twice the clock speed, and 19 months of development, when are they going to get rid of it?

    And honestly....is that going to be an achivement when the Playbook is running 3D games, full web broswers and 1080p video simultaneously, and the Atrix is running desktop Firefox with tabs?
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, iPhone 4, for example, doesn't have a huge screen, nor the highest mega pixel camera, nor the fastest clocked processor. But there's not a device on the market that completely equals it in device responsiveness and loading times. And consumers buy it over any other single model device.

    Yes, WebOS needs a bigger and better screen, but it's got to be software optimized to run iPhone-smooth across a range of devices including the 2 million or so WebOS devices already out there. There's no excuse for a Pre 2 to have a TMC error with a handful of website cards open. Not when the Playbook - IN BETA FORM - can run a 1080p video, Quake 3, and several other apps simultaneously. There are notebooks that can't do that.
    The playbook does have excellent specs, but if the battery life stinks, you may as well stick with your laptop. Apple knew what they were doing when they released the iPad. It had to fill a niche in the market place. Laptops have plenty of power but poor battery life (cept apple's laptop) and are larger and heavier. Phones are smaller, more portable, bad battery life. Tablets need to have bigger screens, lighter and thinner than laptops, and excellent battery life in order to compete. Apple did just that. The Playbook can have all the great specs possible, but if you need to keep it plugged in all the time, no one will want it. Just like the current crop of android running tablets.. no one wants them because they have bad battery life, or the ones that have good battery life are underpowered.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    If they haven't solved it with twice the RAM, twice the clock speed, and 19 months of development, when are they going to get rid of it?

    And honestly....is that going to be an achivement when the Playbook is running 3D games, full web broswers and 1080p video simultaneously, and the Atrix is running desktop Firefox with tabs?
    To be fair to WebOS here, Android has the same basic problem: no OS-level hardware acceleration through the GPU. It blows my mind that Apple has had this from version 1.0 and nobody else has implemented it yet -- it's normally the exact opposite, actually.

    Newer Android devices "solve" this to varying degrees by brute force: far more powerful traditional hardware and the like. But even then it's not really the same level of experience as the iphone4. Nothing short of GPU acceleration will supply that, regardless of how many cores the latest Android phones throw at the problem.

    I haven't been to these forums very frequently since I jumped ship for the Epic. Sad to see Palm/HP still floundering around and some still scrambling to defend them for whatever reason. I would have loved to see a device along the lines of any of the recently announced Android specs (but with a keyboard) running WebOS. Doesn't look like that is to be though.
  17. #77  
    I keep suggesting that Palm at least change the name of the error message. That's what Microsoft does. Remember when OS/2 errors would pop up in WindowsNT?

    Remember when errors were called UAE and the GPF, and then Illegal Operation and then Program Error etc etc etc...
  18. #78  
    <<threads merged>>
  19. #79  
    Visteon puts an iPad in a car dashboard, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget

    Needs webOS . I was considering hacking together something similar (at least a mount once the palm pad is released) but this looks so much better.
  20. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #80  
    Not sure if anyone pickup on this, but every smartphone introduced by Verizon is sporting a 4.3" display! And I believe the Atrix with ATT has a 4" display.

    I think we are seeing a trend in display size for 2011. Wonder if HP will follow?

    I love the large display on my Droid X, so Im encouraged to see this size is continuing in 2011.

    I like it!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions