Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was looking through the new tablet ideas presented at CES and here are some form factors that I think would be cool.

Xoom
    Adam
    Transformer
    MeMo
    NEC
    Samsung 9
    Microvision
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Lenovo LePad tablet and IdeaPad U1 Hybrid return with Android 2.2 in tow -- Engadget

I liked that concept the best. Perhaps this is where HP is headed.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Holy crap, this is what I've been saying we need ever since the almost launch of the Foleo...

Motorola Atrix 4G, HD multimedia dock, and laptop dock hands-on -- Engadget

(Check the video).
    That was my thoughts exactly...I've wanted something like this for years. The ONLY way it could be better would be the ability to actually run windows to use full fledged apps'. Then again, mobile apps have been improving every week and with online streaming services like OnLive, that may not even be as big of a deal.

I absolutely love the idea of my phone essentially being my "computer" that can be on the go...away from home...or at my desk. The only thing that'd make it better is if instead of the laptop dock it used something similar to the new ASUS sliding tablet (that's like a giant HTC Tilt). Allowing you literally to be able to use your phone as a phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop.

I really am not a big fan of Android...but the potential this phone and its setup may be enough to lure me. Brilliant move and I just wish it was HP's invention instead.
  4. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Holy crap, this is what I've been saying we need ever since the almost launch of the Foleo...

Motorola Atrix 4G, HD multimedia dock, and laptop dock hands-on -- Engadget

(Check the video).
    All fine and dandy, but why did they have to steal one of pre plus' launch backgrounds (it is the exact same picture, different crop, i pulled my phone to check it)
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, you know, the TMC errors have nothing to do with the speed that the processor is running at. Rather, they're caused by low memory.
    simply not true, since the faster you process info, the less ram you need. Ince once the process is finished the ram can be used for other stuff. Garbage collection is also faster which in turn frees up RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by huso81 View Post
    Blackberry did an amazing job with the Playbook. It really looks great. The OS look similar to WebOS, even the gestures. I like that Videos are Playing even in Background, and it seems to be really fast. So if that is just a copy of a PalmPad, i am really excited about February... i hope HP and Palm use good and fast Hardware too..
    There is a price to pay for Playing videos and keeping apps awake in the background. The Playbook has some serious battery issues:
    BlackBerry PlayBook Delayed Due to Battery Problems? - BerryReview
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    They are saying 5 hr battery life. It will get better.
    A lot of people seem to think that the Palm Tablet will be like the photoshopped pictures that the writers here at P|C have put together for articles. Just the same exact UI and look as our phones. I REALLY hope HP/Palm is smart enough to not just slap the same thing we have on our phones onto a tablet. I've been thinking for a long time that they need to build a whole new UI with webOS specifically for tablets Like Googles did with theirs. Ever since the iPad, I have thought its been a stupid idea to put a mobile operating system on a tablet. I hope HP/Palm thinks so too.
    I think it's great that so many have followed with a webOS like UI's. If HP webOS dies, we will still have some form of it with Android or BlackBerry.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    I think it's great that so many have followed with a webOS like UI's. If HP webOS dies, we will still have some form of it with Android or BlackBerry.
    I agree.

It's pretty obvious that Palm had the right UI ideas for a great tablet a while ago, and of course those ideas are being ripped off now. It's the way tech goes - innovate or die.

We don't really know how well RIM handles a lot of things (do they REALLY plan to waste power running EVERYTHING full-bore, how do they prioritize processes, etc) but of course they have the advantage of the Blackberry brand. The key for Palm is that they've been doing this UI longer than anyone so they SHOULD have learned to optimize it and build on it. If come February we get webOS 2.0 thrown on the HP Slate hardware, then it's worthless for most people.

It's clear now that they really do need awesome hardware (dual-core, dual-camera, great screen, HD output, long battery life) and an updated webOS with much improved native apps and some whiz-bang feature(s). The oft-predicted Cloud features would be great, but it would be good if they also had something more straightforward (i.e. easy to advertize to consumers) that others don't have.
    I don't think Hp can top that, really not!
    This is really great and most likely my new device
    Was this the tablet that Sprint reps where talking about in many of the P|C rumors???
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Might end up hurting RIM like it did Palm. Hopefully the exclusivity isnt too long!

It's crazy almost out of no where they now have insane competition... (hopefully even more insane competition when HP comes to town)
    The exclusivity that will hurt this is the Blackberry phone exclusive for using RIM apps. That's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Similar? Take a look at RIM's Playbook: BlackBerry PlayBook preview -- Engadget
    Some reviews at CES are saying is webos , however the Playbook is not ready for a soon launch yet. They are still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    7" looks pathetic. Companies are not using that size because they thought it was good, but because it is cheap and available.
    Yeah, that is true 7 inches tablets is the most popular size now for the masses, however some manufacturers are showing a range of sizes at CES.
    This is where the mobile devices are heading. I hope HP has the same thing up their sleeves.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    it's a 4G exclusivity, it's not like anyone else has WiMax LOL
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Doesn't Palm have patents for the cards thing?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Check out the pics and images of the Sony Arc. If there is elegant smartphone design, Sony nailed it with that one. Too bad they're so slow with OS updates, but I love the look of that phone.

The new Huawei 3.8" design would be a great device running WebOS. The size and shape seems just right for being pocketable and wide enough for a decent onscreen kb.

Some nice stuff coming out of CES for sure...too bad the wait continues for HP.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    If I recall correctly . . . the "Windows" innovation of MS-DOS was ripped off from Apple. Isn't that right??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    In the first video of the link the OP posted, On the right hand side where the hands are navigating to different things, I could have sworn there was a new phone operating system coming out that had a navigation scroller like that. I cant remember what phone it was or what OS but its not out yet and the video I saw was just a prototype. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast