Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    just saw the specs for the motorola and i think it looks impressive. might be my next phone. if it had a portrait slider, that would really seal the deal for me.

android seems to be getting alot better with each new android update and has most of the big name devs supporting it
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, you know, the TMC errors have nothing to do with the speed that the processor is running at. Rather, they're caused by low memory.
    it does help you close apps faster. so you can go from 3d game to 3d game on the pre classic without tmc.
    I'm not so sure if that was a good decision on RIM's part... But what do I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    The specs on this thing are amazing, 1.2ghz dual core, 1gb ram, hi-res display, 1900mah battery, and 4g. This is now the new bar, and just like the nexus 1 last year, this could be a sign of what to expect from smartphones this year. You think the new webos phones will match this?
    Most major phones that come out the first 3 months of this year will have at least a single core 1.2GHz processor.

The ultra high end phones in the first 3 months (and the normal high end for the next 3 months) will have a dual core 1GHz+ phone.

The second half of the year will require all high end phones to have dual core processors, simply to compete. I believe by the end of the year we'll be looking at a 1.6GHz+ dual core processor in all high end phones, and a 2GHz dual core in the "superphones"
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 01/06/2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    After watching Engadget's latest preview video, I'm impressed: BlackBerry PlayBook preview -- Engadget
    We weren't able to see any of the BlackBerry applications (like BBM, Calendar, and Messages), since they require you to be tethered over Bluetooth to your BlackBerry phone, and RIM wasn't ready for that.
    Can we say deal breaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    These two videos One of the Motorola XOOM and the other of the Android 3.0 Honeycomb
    Look familiar with some mobile OS? Now the competition is matching in some way very close to webOS. What to expect in this February 9,2011 HP announcement.? If they really want to go beyond ?

Similar? Take a look at RIM's Playbook: BlackBerry PlayBook preview -- Engadget
    Hopefully the tablets won't get released before HP's conference in February.
    Holy crap, this is what I've been saying we need ever since the almost launch of the Foleo...

Motorola Atrix 4G, HD multimedia dock, and laptop dock hands-on -- Engadget

(Check the video).
    Motorola has just upped the ante big time. They made a phone that's as powerful as a desktop PC, and then ... they hooked it up to a monitor and keyboard. And then to a dumb laptop dock. And to an HDTV. I'm now SERIOUSLY tempted to switch from Sprint to AT&T just to get my hands on this monster.

Your move, HP.
    Might end up hurting RIM like it did Palm. Hopefully the exclusivity isnt too long!

It's crazy almost out of no where they now have insane competition... (hopefully even more insane competition when HP comes to town)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    RIM is taking some cues but I don't know who else is... Google is just doing something totally different, I can't say they copied anyone with Honeycomb.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    "Holy crap" pretty much sums it all up !
    I hate the fact that webOS was such a unique OS, and still is. But to the average consumer, the whole card concept is sort of stolen by Playbook for one. And Honeycomb's widgets(card size and concept).

It sucks that a lot of these companies beat them to the punch even after a whole 2 years that the OS was introduced, yet it couldn't capitalize.

yup HP needs to get its act together. Damn Feb 9th...
    That last picture is three Apps in one window... not cards.

This is the future. Screens sitting waiting for your phone to connect to.
    No Need for syncing across devices with nonstop data and battery drain... One device that fits everything.

I was dissapointed somewhat when I seen the whole card thing picked up and used on the "PlayBook". But I'm not completely shocked. Every great OS borrows a concept from another. If we look at WebOS it's no different (in respect of borrowing or improving components of IOS or Android) IMHO HPalm has something unique that none of these Tablets or devices have quite tapped into yet, which is the "Cloud". Plus enterprise is going to be a big seller for WebOS in the corporate world. But why be so worried, " Imitation is the best form of Flattery"
    Blackberry did an amazing job with the Playbook. It really looks great. The OS look similar to WebOS, even the gestures. I like that Videos are Playing even in Background, and it seems to be really fast. So if that is just a copy of a PalmPad, i am really excited about February... i hope HP and Palm use good and fast Hardware too..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Similar? Take a look at RIM's Playbook: BlackBerry PlayBook preview -- Engadget
    7" looks pathetic. Companies are not using that size because they thought it was good, but because it is cheap and available.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Might end up hurting RIM like it did Palm. Hopefully the exclusivity isnt too long!

It's crazy almost out of no where they now have insane competition... (hopefully even more insane competition when HP comes to town)
    Except it didn't hurt Palm. Bad decisions, crappy hardware, etc.. hurt Palm.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast