1.    #1  
    USNews.com: Nation and World: AP Article

Besides Google Honeycomb, Motorola, Toshiba and of course iPad it even mentions TV manufactures Vizio and AOC getting into the tablet arena.
    Other than owning a laptop I am new to the electronics scene. I see it appears to be all about marketing and name recognition.
    No mention of HP or webOS.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    This year's big gadget show is all about tablets
    By JAMES TEMPLE

HP is expected to show off the first tablets running on WebOS, the operating system it acquired when it bought Palm last year.
    This year's big gadget show is all about tablets | Technology News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Same strategy that Google has for phone. Surround Apple's single product with hundreds of products provide a valid and less expensive way to reach the 90% of the world that doesn't want to do things Apples way. Microsoft is playing the same game as Google, but charging for their OS.

Hopefully HP can find an angle that differentiates or else rides the coattails of one of these successful models.
    at this point......we'll take riding on coattails.....lol......works on Survivor

and here's to hoping for 100 different tablets. = lower price Tablets will have to be well under $400 for me to consider buying one. Between my phone and desktop, I have absolutely no need for one, unless they are good and cheap.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/04/2011 at 09:04 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the link.
    I think what I am saying, is where is the name recognition for the every day Joe Blo like me? The article I linked to came to my attention in my local small town newspaper. Seems as though the person writing it didn't even know HP exists in regards to tablets like the iPad. I am not Tech. savvy. I have become a fan of Palm/webOS through many hours searching these forums. ( Maybe I have consumed too much Palm Koolaid ) I think most people who own iPads are general consumers like me. Not Tech minded. I think more information needs to get to the common person.
    Even in the the above link to what appears to be a more techie audience, Hp got just one sentence.
    Just my mind wandering.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau