1.    #1  
    Virus attacks Android phones in China: researchers | Reuters

take a look.. this could umm cause our friends at android some probs
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    <thread moved>
    Interesting, they also have the texting bug.... Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed -- Engadget

Makes me wonder how much of a problem any of this realy is? I have friends with Androids, but none have mentioned either of these things.
    - Android is awesome.... it's like Windows Desktop for mobile phones....

---- did I just slam Windows.....?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post

So does that mean that webOS sucks so much that not even virus developers are interested in it? <--- I kid of course
    It appears that there are a number of pirate software warez sites in China that have the virus in their stolen software.

It is so sad when bad things happen to such good people.

There has never been a virus reported from the Apple, webOS, or Android markets.

Just like in real life, if you do something illegal on some backstreet, you might catch something bad.

- Craig
    just use the official android marketplace and the chinese app viruses shouldnt be a problem...

the android sms bug is more worrisome (to me) but is also very rare...Google Code just upgraded the priority from medium to critical meaning theyve got their aces working on a fix as we speak...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I switched from a Touch Pro2 WinMo to an EVO a couple of weeks ago and have been impressed all around by the device. Considering returning it to see what HP shows this week though before my 30 days is up. The SMS bug is real and I've had 2 known instances where I'm texting a couple of people and when I went to reply to someone it jumps a conversation thread and sends a message to the wrong person. I know for a fact that they were not user errors. This error can be caught if you really check the name before sending a text, but it does happen. The other error report is that people write a text and it is sent to an incorrect recipeint who may not even be in your list of prior text threads. I don't know if that's happened to me yet, but no weird replies - not sure how else I would know. I'm trying Handcent now, which is another SMS app that may or may not have the same problems. It's not good either way to wonder where your texts may end up.

Other than that, the only thing that bothers me is that Android is not fully capable with Outlook/Exchange calendar when you accept calendar items from both Exchange and Gmail accounts. I never had issues with WinMo using these two email account types and my Outlook/Exchange calendar. The Android integration is not great. I don't use, not do I want to use Gmail calendar. Is WebOS any better using these two types of accounts?

Considering returning the EVO (as much as I like the other features - even the battery has been great once I changed a few settings) and waiting to try something new from HP or the HTC 7 Pro WP7 (the successor to the TP2).

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post

This is one of those types of comments that will go right over the head of too many people. Funny stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    It appears that there are a number of pirate software warez sites in China that have the virus in their stolen software.

It is so sad when bad things happen to such good people.

There has never been a virus reported from the Apple, webOS, or Android markets.

Just like in real life, if you do something illegal on some backstreet, you might catch something bad.

- Craig
    While I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure I understand the bolded statement.

When you said "Apple", did you mean "Apple app store"? There are Apple viruses "in the wild."

When comparing pirated OS viruses to non-pirated, did you mean to imply that the only method of sending out virus programs is through illegal software? That's not true in the computer world; and while it may currently be true in the mobile device, this particular virus can be added to an app that is free, and obtained legitmately. It is an issue to be concerned about.

Not all viruses (in the computer world) are spread through pirated software. You can be sure that as 3rd party install options become more prevalent, malware will find it's way into "free software" that users aren't pirating.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    just use the official android marketplace and the chinese app viruses shouldnt be a problem...

the android sms bug is more worrisome (to me) but is also very rare...Google Code just upgraded the priority from medium to critical meaning theyve got their aces working on a fix as we speak...
    It's a non-existent bug if you use Handcent - it's free, better than Google's version, and available in the Market which has no viruses or trojans.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Interesting, they also have the texting bug.... Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed -- Engadget

Makes me wonder how much of a problem any of this realy is? I have friends with Androids, but none have mentioned either of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post

This is a bug that is blown completely out of proportion by Engadget in an effort, at least I'm guessing, for shock value and attention.

ZOMG IF U TXT AN ANDROID U CULD GET FIERD.

Complete BS.

First off, I've used my Evo for half a year now.
    Not one issue, except when deleting sms threads ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, and NO issue if you don't use the stock app.

Second of all, when you select the person you're texting it will show you who you're texting to. It doesn't just text randomly and then you don't know who received it.

Nevertheless Google has put a critical tag on it and it will be fixed very, very soon.