1.    #1  
    I can remember drooling over the t615 when it came out. I can also remember choking on the original price ($499US, if I'm not mistaken. It was at least $399).

Noticed that these were being clearanced on the Best Buy web site for $299. Stopped by my local store last night and picked one up for $224.

Got bless technical innovation!
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    Yeah I know...I picked up my first handheld that way (Visor Neo) only to find it to be extremely obosolete!!!! Just as I got into the swing of using a Handheld, I ran out of memory, desired an expansion slot like SD, and drooled over the colour screens. I mean sure it is great to pick up great technology at a great price, but I just don't like purposely (sic) buying obosolete junk....must just be me.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Originally posted by tantousha
    Yeah I know...I picked up my first handheld that way (Visor Neo) only to find it to be extremely obosolete!!!! Just as I got into the swing of using a Handheld, I ran out of memory, desired an expansion slot like SD, and drooled over the colour screens. I mean sure it is great to pick up great technology at a great price, but I just don't like purposely (sic) buying obosolete junk....must just be me.
    Alex.
    Of course for every story like yours there's one like mine. I bought the 180 the week it came out and its still obsolete.
  4.    #4  
    We must have different definitions of "obsolete". To me, even my Edge wasn't obsolete, since I can still get software for it and it was still working (though the spurious fatal exceptions were getting highly annoying). The t615 isn't obsolete for the same reason, but I now have hi-res color, more memory, and memory expansion (even though it's "non-standard" Memory Stick). All at a price that I consider reasonable.

Being a technology "bottom-feeder" really requires a different mindset. Yeah, you realize that your tech is not the latest, greatest, fastest thing out there, but you get something that's better than what you have on the cheap (typically). By the time you get to buying the tech, you know how well it was received by the market, and all the quirks are usually known. Both of these make it easier to find forums like this where you can get support if you need it.

Give it a try sometime. I think you'll find it's not as bad as you think.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)