1.    #1  
    I have to pick up 3 new devices for employees and they are both free from sprint. I cant see buying a pixi at this point, but the specs seem kinda similar and i cant imagine tying on that cramped of an on screen keyboard. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have even checked pixi prices on Ebay but 100 dollars a pop it still doesn't make sense.
    I'd grab the Pixi because it's similar to my old centro, and I liked that phone. Great keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    i really wish i knew if 2.0 helped or hindered the pixi's performance. If 2.0 would kill some of the lag it would be an easy choice.
    I would assume that is would help. Performance improved a bit with every update to webOS. And the UberKernel Govnah goodness also helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    And the UberKernel Govnah goodness also helps.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...NOT TRUE. I've tried every setting posted and have seen no noticeable difference in performance.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...NOT TRUE. I've tried every setting posted and have seen no noticeable difference in performance.
    are we talking pixi or pre? Pre i know it helps Pixi i don't like to fiddle with employees phones encase they have to take them to a sprint store before i can get my hands on them.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would assume that is would help. Performance improved a bit with every update to webOS. And the UberKernel Govnah goodness also helps.
    If you're buying this for employees, why the heck would you buy a phone and waste time trying to "tweak" it to work right?

I know the OP did not mention this as a choice but blackberry is pretty much the de facto standard when it comes to business phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    are we talking pixi or pre? Pre i know it helps Pixi i don't like to fiddle with employees phones encase they have to take them to a sprint store before i can get my hands on them.
    Pixi. Others swear by the UK on the Pixi...but I believe it's all just wishful thinking.
  9.    #9  
    I went with the Pixi!

We have an exchange server for our email and i do not want to get tagged with bb's extra server fee. I got upgraded to a sprint "corporate Corporate account" and it supposedly comes along with 1 year upgrades instead of the normal 2 year. Took the sting out of buying an outdated phone.