Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HTC Thunderbolt with LTE for Verizon pictured ahead of CES unveiling? -- Engadget

Thoughts? Looks to be an excellent device for Verizon to go head-to-head with the Evo. What I've seen from LTE, I'm a lot more interested in it than WiMax.
    It's just an EVO with Verizon guts inside of it.
    yawn

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    These kick stands are just silly. How hard is it to hold your phone?
    Watching a movie on that sweet screen during my last flight, I was glad not to have to hold my phone. But that's just me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    You don't realize how nice is it is until you actually use it. Like the poster said above, it's great for when you're watching a video or even video conferencing with a friend or family member.
    another android device?
    nice looking phone. as much as others hate att, i would like to see it come to att. ive never had a problem with their service even though it seems that their signal is not as good as verizon when im in my work building. i like the ability to have voice and data simultaniously.
    What is....things that people say when their current phone doesn't have a kickstand?

Seriously though , i use mine often when i thought i wouldn't.
    I had a kickstand on my last phone, an N900.

It's not so much that it's hard to hold it or anything, but if you want to put it down, (like when charging; these phones don't have touchstones) you can put it down without worrying about dust and crap scratching the back of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    It's just an EVO with Verizon guts inside of it.
    Not true.

We don't even know what the internals are going to be.

Although it's rumored to NOT be dual-core so my comment on this is....
    If it's 2010 technology coming out in 2011... then I have no interest.
    Its probably running the new 800Mhz snapdragon that other HTC devices are running these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Its probably running the new 800Mhz snapdragon that other HTC devices are running these days.
    I thought they stated it was running the new chipset, at 1.2ghz ?

http://www.mibz.com/28614-european-h...n-germany.html
    Which would make it running 2010 technology and thus not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I thought they stated it was running the new chipset, at 1.2ghz ?

European HTC Thunderbolt 4G Specs Leaked Somewhere In Germany – Mibz.com
    Hard to say what will happen.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt-pictures

as we're not expecting HTC to go dual-core Snapdragon just yet.
    Ain't nothing wrong with "2010 technology" if its not outdated. Find a phone that doesn't fly on the new snapdragons and you'll have a point.

I personally don't care about dual core unless android is built to take advantage of it...same with apps....which, much like my first dual core computer, will be quite some time.

Though there are rumblings honeycomb will take advantage of dual core chips.
    Ain't nothing wrong with "2010 technology" if its not outdated. Find a phone that doesn't fly on the new snapdragons and you'll have a point.

I personally don't care about dual core unless android is built to take advantage of it...same with apps....which, much like my first dual core computer, will be quite some time.

And honeycomb is due out Q1.
    Thus, by the time dual-cores come out, they will be used by the Android system.

Here's the thing.
    Why would I waste $150 [plus my upgrade] for something when in a few months if I spend $150 [plus my upgrade] I will get better?

I can understand the argument if were talking about a year from now.
    We're talking about a few months.
    Honeycomb is aimed at tablets and not necessarily phones. There are a lot of unknowns and because some people don't need bleeding edged technology if they like the current phone.

People in other threads are asking about the LG Optimus because they want to spend $150 on a phone that is getting good reviews....unless HTC messed something up this will most likely get just as good if not better reviews.

Solid buy. I bought an Evo when the Epic was out even though the Epic is technically faster and has a better GPU because that was the phone i decided to buy.
    For the length of two minute youtube clip? Not at all. For the length of a 22-minute episode of The Office you put on your device? Then it starts to become annoying and tiresome. Of course, if you're using a Pre, you can just put on its Touchstone charger and it can play your video and recharge at the same time.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    It would be pretty hard to see at that angle is would think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast