Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Honeycomb is aimed at tablets and not necessarily phones. There are a lot of unknowns and because some people don't need bleeding edged technology if they like the current phone.

People in other threads are asking about the LG Optimus because they want to spend $150 on a phone that is getting good reviews....unless HTC messed something up this will most likely get just as good if not better reviews.

Solid buy. I bought an Evo when the Epic was out even though the Epic is technically faster and has a better GPU because that was the phone i decided to buy.
    Honeycomb has been talked about being aimed at Tablets, and it is, but that doesn't mean it can't also be aimed at phones.
    It's going to be 3.0 thus a significant release.

ADDITION: It would be foolish of Google to not have Honeycomb [3.0] use dual-core processing as this year, 2011, is suppose to be a BIG year for Tablets and its [very, very likely] that most of the tablets will be dual-cores.

As far as I'm concerned it's the equivalent of buying a Neon when a Cadillac is the same basic price...just having to wait a few months more for the Cadillac.
    The comment "some people don't need the latest and greatest technology" is a silly argument.

Also, GPUs are pretty much irrelevant to Android until full hardware acceleration is implemented.
    Thus the difference between the Evo and the Epic truly is real keyboard or bigger screen?
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 01/04/2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: addition
    Then i don't understand how you can make this argument if we currently have zero clue what improvements dual core CPU's will do in an android based phone. You seem to be going off the assumption there will be vast improvements that make all current phones irrelevant.

In reality, i think thats going to be far from the case. Improvements? Sure...real world improvements for basic everyday use of the phone...

Eh.
    I hope these arent the specs, this was updated by engaget:

Here we are a mere day away from the ThunderBolt's probable announce at Verizon's CES press conference, which, by our rough count, gives us at least one more opportunity to see the LTE-capable monster leaked in the wild. That opportunity comes courtesy of AndroidSPIN, who claims that we can expect a 1GHz single-core processor, 8GB of internal storage with microSD expansion, 8 megapixel rear and 1.3 megapixel front cams, Android 2.2.1 with Sense, HTC-customized mapping and nav (probably HTC Locations with offline caching), and DLNA compatibility -- but no built-in HDMI. Every one of those specs was either already expected or believable enough, though the lack of HDMI -- if true -- would still give the EVO 4G some bragging rights more than six months after its release. Score one for longevity, eh?

HTC ThunderBolt in the wild one more time: 8GB internal, no HDMI? -- Engadget

another evo, droid x knock off smh
    I think the tech race specs of android phones are tapering off with SMART manufactures.

They know the current tech is more than enough for a lot of people and rather than make a new hero device every 3 months, they focus on filling a void or competing with a phone without just increasing megaflops and gigapixels.

I think HTC will have a new internals run around the summer time most likely.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-an...tc-thunderbolt

1 GHz Snapdragon CPU
    4G LTE customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
    4.3-inch WVGA display
    Mobile Hotspot capability share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
    Android 2.2 platform
    32GB microSD card included
    HTC Sense 2.0 with new features, including Fast Boot
    Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing
    Dolby and SRS surround sound
    Fully integrated Skype mobile experience
    720p HD video recording
    DLNA streaming multimedia support

It's straight up the Evo with a speaker behind the kickstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

1 GHz Snapdragon CPU
    4G LTE customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
    4.3-inch WVGA display
    Android 2.2 platform
    720p HD video recording

oh ok now that sounds better thanks for the info.
    a little hands-on of the HTC Thunderbolt and what do you know.. a nice "annoying ad" pops up during the presentation..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

1 GHz Snapdragon CPU
    4.3-inch WVGA display
    Android 2.2 platform
    720p HD video recording

Thats a bit mroe than an evo.

Bigger memory card, Dolby sound, DLNA, Sense 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Thats a bit mroe than an evo.

Bigger memory card, Dolby sound, DLNA, Sense 2.0
    Memory card isn't a big deal and separate from the phone.
    Wouldn't dlna and sense both be software based?

Still, evo hardware.
    Already out dated technology even before a consumer can bring if home.
    Stop with the "outdated technology" bit already. Consumers don't really care. The fact that something may have dual cores does not mean people won't but the product with a single core. There is a difference between outdated devices and the tech used inside devices. Consumers tend to not buy old phones but hardly care about whats on the inside.
    Last edited by taharka; 01/09/2011 at 11:07 AM.
    I recently made the decision to switch to Verizon, and pick up this phone when it comes out. It will be my first foray into the Android world, and I am reading up on as much as I can regarding the WebOS to Android switch. I will definitely miss my ringer switch on my Pre-, as well as the touchstone. However, after last week's announcement, I just don't have faith in WebOS in the near future. I may be back in two years, but for now, I will enter the Google realm.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12