1.    #1  
    If Google wants me as a customer, and would want to stamp their success over the iPhone, this is what they would need to do.

One, the would need to create a social network, maybe call it Google Me, and create seamless integration with Android phones. Then, as a second step, create something -- I dunno -- Google Games (look @ link b4 this one) and again, create seamless integration with their Android platform. Finally -- and this is really the nail on the coffin -- create an online version of iTunes, or something like that -- which they are doing, just can't find the link right now -- then Google Android would rock my socks off and I believe would give a leg up on Apple and yes, even HP and Microsoft.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    If Google wants me as a customer, and would want to stamp their success over the iPhone, this is what they would need to do.

One, the would need to create a social network, maybe call it Google Me, and create seamless integration with Android phones. Then, as a second step, create something -- I dunno -- Google Games (look @ link b4 this one) and again, create seamless integration with their Android platform. Finally -- and this is really the nail on the coffin -- create an online version of iTunes, or something like that -- which they are doing, just can't find the link right now -- then Google Android would rock my socks off and I believe would give a leg up on Apple and yes, even HP and Microsoft.

What do you think?
    First, put your socks back on please LOL. Second, do a look up on: "What happend to Google Buzz ?" That should address your idea on Google social networking.

Google Games? Ok why not, everyone else is doing it. As far as music, yes I read something about that also. But they need to make sure they have the studio's on board first, can't have another screw up like Google TV.
    My #1 requirement would be for them to be MUCH less dependent on gmail. I don't want gmail as the center of my universe. I want the phone to support outlook directly, and I want to be able to use my own email domain instead of gmail, including app purchases... and especially for contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    My #1 requirement would be for them to be MUCH less dependent on gmail. I don't want gmail as the center of my universe. I want the phone to support outlook directly, and I want to be able to use my own email domain instead of gmail, including app purchases... and especially for contacts.
    You can use other email clients, including your own domain, they don't restrict it to just Gmail.

App purchases can now be done with Paypal:

PayPal launches In-App Payment library for Android
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I cant sync directly to outlook.

But that reminds me. Can you do a favor for me when you initially set up your EVO? See if you can get through then entire process without using a gmail account. It may have changed, but when I looked before getting my Pre, you couldn't initialize the phone without one, you couldn't access the ANdroid Market without one, etc etc.

I'm curious if that has changed.
    I cant sync directly to outlook.
    You could if you purchased Mark/Space sync software.

But that reminds me. Can you do a favor for me when you initially set up your EVO? See if you can get through then entire process without using a gmail account. It may have changed, but when I looked before getting my Pre, you couldn't initialize the phone without one, you couldn't access the ANdroid Market without one, etc etc.

I'm curious if that has changed.
    You can skip the setup, but you need a Gmail account to use Google's Android Market
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    First, put your socks back on please LOL. Second, do a look up on: "What happend to Google Buzz ?" That should address your idea on Google social networking.

Google Games? Ok why not, everyone else is doing it. As far as music, yes I read something about that also. But they need to make sure they have the studio's on board first, can't have another screw up like Google TV.
    I know all about Google Buzz, and how it failed because of privacy concerns. However, Google Me is much larger then what Buzz was and from what I have heard Buzz was a test run of just one aspect of Google Me. And Google Games is going to have games made by the same people who brought you Farmville and Mafia Wars. How do i know that? Read the article.

About Google Music, its more then just iTunes in the cloud. What's amazing is we know Honeycomb (I believe its Honeycomb, could be Gingerbread) has the ability to take your iTunes library and auto sync it to your phone. Imagine that kinda of ability with not only your music, but your games and your social life. Took a snap shot of the Grand Canon? Allow your photo's -- or select photos -- be auto updated to Google Me and bam, everyone on your friends list see it. It wouldn't require you to have a seprate, third party application but be completely dependent on Google. Thats really where everyones is going -- to be dependent on said company. Whether it be HP, Google, Apple or Microsoft. The only company I don't see moving this way yet is RIM. But I am sure they are or will.

And the first company to do this will get my money. I think Google might actually be first, but I hope HP will be.
    -Full hardware Acceleration for Android
    -Full usage of all Google cloud functions in Android
    -Google books to really take off
    -Some sort of Google music or at least partnership and a real step up in the Music app
    -Free cupcakes, dohnuts, eclairs, froyos, gingerbreads, honeycombs, and don't forget ice creams for all

After that I don't know that anyone could beat them.