• Get a Palm Pre on ebay

6 31.58%
  • Stick with Android

4 21.05%
  • Hopefully new webOS phones come out for Sprint this january 2011

9 47.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    A lot of time? No. I'm a developer but I'm not part of the hacking/modding community. I do visit XDA from time to time, but since I'm not rooted, and won't be for a while, you are correct in that I "do not spend a lot of time there." (not suggesting that rooting is the only thing that goes on there)

OK, thanks. As I've stated, I'm a developer but not an active modder/hacker by any stretch. When I see a reference to "devs" I don't automatically think "hacking/modding" but rather general app development. That's why I asked for clarification; since a statement like "the devs will move to another phone" does not paint an accurate picture for general app development. Also, even if the "hacking/modding" community moves on from a device, said device is not automatically worthless to the general consumer.
    it's all good bro. im a dev there too but i usually do not share my work. it can be very nasty on xda, there like sharks sometimes.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Get the EVO.

Half a year after release, it's still a top of the line device.
    Agree. The EVO has everything needed and will move up with the next software updates. It really is a very impressive device that gets better and better.
    Get the EVO.
    Half a year after release, it's still a top of the line device.

A year after release, my Palm Pre Plus is still a top of the line device and webOS is a better OS than Android.

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    A year after release, my Palm Pre Plus is still a top of the line device and webOS is a better OS than Android.

I'm SURE you have it overclocked and tweaked to the max, right?

Almost 19 months after release, my Palm Pre is falling apart and can't keep up with the current generation of smartphones. I do agree that webOS is a better OS, but Android is a much more established and polished OS. Plus, they put our App Catalog to shame...

I really wish I could stick with webOS right now, but it's going to take a long time for them (Palm) to catch up with everyone else lol.

This isn't an "anti-webOS" rant, just my observations. I'm sure webOS will one day grow to be a major player in the smartphone market.
    I'm SURE you have it overclocked and tweaked to the max, right?

No... Actually I don’t overclock or theme my Pre Plus but I do have several patches to change the OS to my liking. I have always thought the phone and apps were fast enough for me.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    No... Actually I don’t overclock or theme my Pre Plus but I do have several patches to change the OS to my liking. I have always thought the phone and apps were fast enough for me.
    Ok, fair enough, if it's good enough for you, then that's what's important to you.

I'll leave you alone now, lol.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12