Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are a lot of manufacturers hoping you bought or received one of their products as a gift this year. Which company should be sending you a Thank You card?

I bought my wife a 50" TV from Samsung, Bose speakers, an TV2, a craptastic Sony DVD player, HD cable box with all of the premium channels, and a harmony remote. Oh, and most of a new kitchen. There is nothing high-tech in the kitchen, though. That is still a work in progress.

I received many nice gifts, none of which were tech related. Everyone who knows me, knows not to try and buy me tech. I do that for myself throughout the year.

Well, how about it? What tech was under the tree this year? I know that around here, some might be a little hesitant to admit to an iPad. No worries, no one would dare poke fun on Xmas.
    Gave ps3 move bundle. It's probably near useless :-p
    Bought a kindle 3g.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

got a 42in vizio lcd 1080p tv. And my niece got a HP laptop.

ps playstation move is good! Sports champions and the fight lights are fun and a great workout! Can't wait to play killzone 3 with my move contorller!!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I will be villified for this but I bought my wife a G2 for Christmas. I am on a Sprint Pre through work but my family is on T-mobile. I love my Pre but there is no webos option on T-mobile. She hated her Cliq so I got her the G2. She seems happy with it. I got her a Flip video as well.
    iPad (for my Wife, Palm Pad will be in my future), new Netgear router and Bose headphones, PS3 in Green Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I will be villified for this but I bought my wife a G2 for Christmas. I am on a Sprint Pre through work but my family is on T-mobile. I love my Pre but there is no webos option on T-mobile. She hated her Cliq so I got her the G2. She seems happy with it. I got her a Flip video as well.
    Here is the Getting Started in Android for her.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Thanks.

Her previous phone was a Cliq so she is somewhat familiar with Andriod. She was on her 3rd Cliq as the build quaility of the phone wasn't as good as the others. She got fed up and wanted something new.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    @milominderbinder

I am still using your Launcher Black theme on my Pre. It's the best. Thank you.
    Last edited by preryan; 12/25/2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Parrot AR.Drone
    XBox Kinect
    DLink DIR-323 NAS
    AppleTV 2
    $350 Best Buy gift card (going towards new 27" iMac tomorrow).

It was an Apple Chrismas this year. Under the tree there was two Apple TV's, two iPads, a new 11" MacBook Air, a new iPod Touch and many Apple gift cards. It will be inteesting to see how Apple did this quarter after the holiday sales. If my family is any indication, they did VERY well.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    My employer gave me a Verizon Droid-X to replace my Sprint Pre, if that counts as a gift and not coal in my stocking. After an unsuccessful attempt to get a touchstone receiver to charge the Droid, I broke down and bought the complete Verizon accessory bundle with desktop and car docks. (The DX keeps cycling every 1-2 seconds between charging and not charging when on the touchstone, and the phone includes a popup window that tells you to unplug your charger from the wall to save energy every time it goes to not charging. Net result, each of those windows is open for 15 seconds, and are being spawned every two seconds. Do the math.)

Santa also brought me a 128GB Samsung SSD for my notebook computer, which has been a big improvement over the 5,400 RPM drive that it came with.....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    iPad (for my Wife, Palm Pad will be in my future), new Netgear router and Bose headphones, PS3 in Green Bay
    Which headphones? I'm pretty sure I've had them all at one point. I'm currently rocking the IE 1st gen as a backup. I've been using the Moto stereo BT as primary.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Parrot AR.Drone
    I hate you! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU!

You must make a vid.

I forgot to mention a couple of Mac accessories. One is a swing-arm for the desk. I took off the foot and installed the VESA attachment. Now, my 27" iMac is on a free-floating swing-arm. Along the way, I botched the whole operation and had to take it to the Apple Store for repair. They had to disassemble the whole thing to fix my damage. They not only fixed it, but completely waved the service fee.

I also picked up 8GB ram. I highly recommend the gift of ram. Now, I run W7 in VMware Fusion all the time, in the background without any hit on performance. I just click on the icon when I need to do something in Windows. You've got to love ram. Now, if I could only find an affordable 1TB SSD.
    I got a Dell Studio XPS Desktop with 8 GB memory and a 1 TB harddrive - woot!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Which headphones? I'm pretty sure I've had them all at one point. I'm currently rocking the IE 1st gen as a backup. I've been using the Moto stereo BT as primary.
    My new ones are the OE style. I still have the original QC1's however they are older and showing their wear. The sound quality of the OE are amazing.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Bought done tech for my wife's office.

Two hp touch smart laptop/tablet 850s. They are pretty cool.
    HP laser jet printer
    Hp desktop
    Scanner

Our hp overlords should be happy.
    The touchsmarts are nice. Build quality is very nice. Hopefully a sign of good things to come
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Bought myself a Nook Color. very cool.
    Hmmmm:

14 yr old son: Xbox Kinect and renewed his xbox live account.
    11 yr daughter: Palm Pre to replace her Pixie and an iPod Touch 4th gen
    9 yr daughter: Nintendo DSi XL and PS3 motion controls/games
    2 yr daughter: DSi
    Wife: the Evo to replace her Pre that was falling apart
    Myself: HP Envy 14 with Beats Audio
    from the tech stuff
    wife : sony ericsson xperia mini 10 pro..android!
    me : Palm pre plus - to replace my knackered pre
    buffalo linkstation pro 2tb nas with bittorrent.
    I got a 15 dollar best buy gift card lol.

Ive had an iPad fora couple months, would still have liked to receive some good tech, but didn't. O well, not like I need it :P

Gave a 3G kindle 3 with case with reading light attached. Sister and brother in law seem to be enjoying it
    New HP printer.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast