Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HTC EVO Renew/Upgrade $99.00 At Radio Shack until Christmas Eve:

Sale Extended!

HTC EVO 4G for Sprint - RadioShack Wireless

It's just the phone now.

Some are getting the local stores to price match the online price.

Some have used a foursquare coupon for checking in at Radio Shack to get another 10% off the $299 price.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/25/2010 at 08:12 PM.
    nice heads up brotha. My pre is on it's last leg and, unfortunately, I ant hear shiznit on it and my company gets mad when I use my work cell too much
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    website states "new account" not upgrades
    I was in Radioshack last night buying a TV, got to talking to the salesgirl about phones she has a pixi and I have a pre and we were talking how our phones are getting a bit long in the tooth... so she said why don't you get the EVO it's $99 for an upgrade, cheapest it's ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post

There is an option for upgrades, the only difference is you pay 9.99 for shipping, where new accounts get free shipping.
    It is Christmas and no new webOS products available from and stores or carriers. Even the old Pre and Pre Plus are EOL on most carriers. This has not been a good season for Palm or HP.

Anyone remember when Radio Shack use to sell the Palm Pre and Pixi?

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm Palm for life, but I have a launch day Pre that is REALLY pushing the limits. I will come back the minute new hardware is released but it's looking as though CES isn't even a sure bet for new device announcements. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'm gonna have to go for this deal until new hardware is released.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    yes you can buy it as a upgrade to my all everything plan
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    I may have to jump on this deal. sorry palm, waited too long. At least I'll have 30 days to play with the EVO and return it if it doesn't work out.

May jump back to palm after 30 days or a year (hopefully 30 days, if i hear news of new palm hardware)
    Last edited by chilin; 12/22/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    I'll wait until friday before making a decision.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    No, it really doesn't. Just click on Renew/upgrade. Done. But better call a local store and see if they will match then use the foursquare $30 off coupon.
    this is a tough one... Been with Palm since the beginning, but can't deny the EVO is twice the phone as the current Palm devices. Mediate on this I must.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    this is a tough one... Been with Palm since the beginning, but can't deny the EVO is twice the phone as the current Palm devices. Mediate on this I must.
    If you are Premier you are making a 12-month decision. My EVO is eligible for upgrade in June and my Pre is eligible now.

When I got the EVO last summer, everyone was saying to just wait until July for the new Palms. Then it was October. Then it was November. Then it was year end. Then it was to watch for CES announcements.

Instead I have had a blast for the past 7 months. Just since June I have had to replace the Pre for the fourth time. The EVO is so solid you could use it as a weapon. Here is the webOS to Android Guide.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/22/2010 at 06:38 PM.
    wow, you can look at my profile to see how long I have been around these parts and have been a palm type before that. But 99 bucks for an Evo and bluetooth headset, there's no way I could pass that up . just dictated this entire entry with the voice to text feature on the evo. only mistake is it doesn't recognize the word "evo" -- had to type that word in separately as it kept thinking I said evil ! l o l. it is even is handeling the punctuation!

if and when palm gets this kind of hardware I will gladly come back but until then will have some fun playing with my new toy.

EDIT: local shack was good to work with. The guy knew the phone pretty well but took a while dealing with sprint's system. Got the price with upgrade.
    Last edited by midmofan; 12/22/2010 at 11:49 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    wow, you can look at my profile to see how long I have been around these parts and have been a palm type before that. But 99 bucks for an Evo and bluetooth headset, there's no way I could pass that up . just dictated this entire entry with the voice to text feature on the evo...
    Imagine if Palm had listened to us and included 130 of our favorite patches.

That's Android. The good news is that the initial setup includes a zillion settings we had all begged for.

The downside is that there are a zillion settings to go through. This walks you through:

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm a day-one Pre owner, but I finally decided it was time to upgrade. I bought an Evo for $149 at Radio Shack last weekend. It's spectacular. I would not have waited until now if I had known how big an improvement it would turn out to be over the Pre. It is much faster and much more customizable.

Rob
    No lag is pretty much my favorite part of the Evo. It was why i didn't like android prior, a lot of phones had lag issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    That's Android. The good news is that the initial setup includes a zillion settings we had all begged for.

The downside is that there are a zillion settings to go through.
    But once they're set, your phone becomes uniquely yours ... until you tire of your setup and do it all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Imagine if Palm had listened to us and included 130 of our favorite patches.

The downside is that there are a zillion settings to go through. This walks you through:

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android.
    Thanks Milo (btw, re-reading Catch-22 this week on Kindle, now can do it on my EVO! LOL). I only had about 85 patches so won't be such a big transition for me

After one day on the Evo here are my preliminaries feelings: There are a number of things that the pre does smoother, simpler and, IMO, "better" than my Evo. But there are a whole lot of things that the Evo can do that the Pre cannot do AT ALL.

I have high hopes that Palm/HP will catch up, but for $99 bucks it was a no-brainer at this point. Have 30 days to play with it and can always change back (I kept my current pre and handed in to RS the cracked one with bad power button).

Of course there is probably an EVO II waiting in the wings that will be lightyears beyond this, but for now this is fun.
    Thats a good sum up. I was messing with my gf's old Pre becuase my friend lost his phone and wanted to borrow it. I was like...you know, i really do appreciate the art style of the UI and the cards metaphor....but the lagginess, the stuttering and now after the evo, the tiny screen, really is just a turn off.

It was just sad my blackberry curve had apps that the Pre can't (and still can't) have currently.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast