Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I've had 4G in my area of NYC for some time before the official announcement. Don't keep it on all the time but its great when i want to update my podcasts when i'm not around wifi.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Question: Does one lose their upgrade status if you do the 30-day trial thing?

If not, there shouldn't be too much pressure. Get the EVO if you want it and use it for 30 days. CES will happen during that 30-day window so if something catches your eye, you can take the EVO back.
    You do NOT lose the upgrade status if you keep your Pre or turn the Evo back in 30 days. I called and it is why I am trying out the Evo. You put down $99+ tax, but if you return the phone, you get that money back & the contract is "torn up." No harm, no foul.

I have had the Evo about a week. Getting around the way I do on a Pre is still very challenging for me, but the hardware & apps are magnificent. I am carrying both phones (a bit of a hassle) to get the best comparison I can.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Also learned a little secret about the Radio Shack in store deal. The real reason they are taking a phone from you to get the price is so that Best Buy does not match the $99 price. If it were not for the phone trade in your local BB would match RS's in store (not web) pricing, but they don't do that when something like a phone trade-in is required.
    Probably true. I talked to my Radio Shack, outside San Antonio, & they said they give all the old phones to either a Women's Shelter or to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Good causes--both.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    In my opinion, white EVOs are for wannabe fruit lovers.
    Ha! My Radio Shack guy tried to push a white one on me. I asked him if his was white..."er, um no." He did have an Evo, though.
    Anybody know how long the sale going to last?
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Anybody know how long the sale going to last?
    Before the sale was extended, it was supposed run up until Christmas. The RS manager where I bought my son's new phone from told me that it was extended for "another week".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Before the sale was extended, it was supposed run up until Christmas. The RS manager where I bought my son's new phone from told me that it was extended for "another week".
    I dont know if i should try and get it or wait until CES! I just need to call around and find an store that got an EVO..
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I dont know if i should try and get it or wait until CES! I just need to call around and find an store that got an EVO..
    You can do both. Get it. If something at CES catches your eye, return it. CES will happen during your 30-day trial window.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I took advantage of the deal and I can that it is well worth it. Have for a few days now. The Evo is a great phone, somewhat of a learning curve since I never used an android platform but for the price, you can't beat it. Granted there are things that each phone does better, but I can honestly say I am not disappointed. If something comes out at CES that really makes me stop and say wow, I will consider returning it...but it will have to be something major. Figure I always have the option to upgrade in a year if I decide to keep it. No downside to this deal, if you can part with your Pre.
    Can you all please continue your discussion at Andriod Central? Thank you.
    (CLOSED)
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678