Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Update: called Sprint again - they said my account was in error and I am eligible now! Thanks Verwon.

I know there is new webOS hardware coming, but it is still going to be at least a year until the app development catches up. Eg I need a good remote desktop app - tons on android - one on webOS that doesn't work.
    Awesome!!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I could care less what phones they offer that are not WebOS. The $99 EVO is a good deal if you spend a lot of time in 4G areas but not really that good of a deal (yet) for the rest of the country. My son is in Boston so it's a good deal for him. I'm eligible for a full upgrade but I'll wait for now since I don't need 4G and I want to see what's offered on WebOS.
    I'm really looking forward to it, have full 4G here.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'm really looking forward to it, have full 4G here.
    You are then making a sane and rational decision! You'll love the speed. You'll be able to keep up with the "every 100th" thread even faster!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    LOL! That one can be tough to keep track of, sometimes.
    wooooow, really want to do this.. but have had my upgrade since june... CES is so close, but somehow i feel like palm is not going to announce anything
    I've had my upgrade for 2 years, waiting for a phone to arrive that would really wow me and it never happened. The Evo has come the closest, so it wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    wooooow, really want to do this.. but have had my upgrade since june... CES is so close, but somehow i feel like palm is not going to announce anything
    Me too! I was eligible in June too. If I needed to make the jump, I'd do it in a minute, but I'm holding out for something more fun than what's currently being offered. More of us need to learn to let the carriers sweat a bit more. If you don't need it - don't buy it (until you do). That's how deals like $99 EVO's come to fruition!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Sale Extended!
    Milo, the headset is no longer in the deal for this week. (Please feel free to verify if you want to - and then remove the above from your first post in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Includes Plantronics Explorer 240 Bluetooth Headset normally $39.99 FREE
    It is also no longer listed with the Evo on the website.
    Traded in my wife's old Centro today for the Evo. Definite learning curve but I am loving it. When HP releases something good I will back. I'm going to keep using the Pre minus as a WiFi device.
    Does anybody think Webos will catch up on the apps of Android in the next couple of years?

or catch up on Android in the name of big developers this year?
    Last edited by OneDeep; 12/26/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Does anybody think Webos will catch up on the apps of Android in the next couple of years?

or catch up on Android in the name of big developers this year?
    I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    Traded in my wife's old Centro today for the Evo. Definite learning curve but I am loving it. When HP releases something good I will back. I'm going to keep using the Pre minus as a WiFi device.
    I never owned a centro (treos all the way for this dude, 300, 600, 700p) but that's still a damn good phone. I have a very cheap and old kyocera candy bar that I was going to offer to the phone reclamation gods, but I was so rushed today to get my son his phone before the blizzard here got bad that I forgot to search the basement for the sacrificial phone. The RS manager was very understanding and he actually found something crappy in the back drawer in the back room for me to trade in. I tried to show my appreciation by buying an invisible shield that he didn't have in stock. Since I'll be gone when it arrives, he offered to install it for my son when it comes in. He tried to sell me two more EVOs for the other eligible lines (mine and my daughters) but I didn't bite.
    One nice thing about ordering online, I didn't need a trade-in, though I do have to wait for it to arrive, so it was a trade-off.
  15.    #95  
    Milo, the headset is no longer in the deal for this week. (Please feel free to verify if you want to - and then remove the above from your first post in the thread:
    I added a note:

It's just the phone now.
    Which is still a great deal, compared to Sprints price on it, plus their fees.
    I going to see about one monday . Just can't wait for palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Which is still a great deal, compared to Sprints price on it, plus their fees.
    Have had chats with Sprint salespeople and they really get upset about what is going on. Not only to they have to charge more than Radio Shack or Best Buy, they still have to do the mail in rebate thing which everybody hates.

Also learned a little secret about the Radio Shack in store deal. The real reason they are taking a phone from you to get the price is so that Best Buy does not match the $99 price. If it were not for the phone trade in your local BB would match RS's in store (not web) pricing, but they don't do that when something like a phone trade-in is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Also learned a little secret about the Radio Shack in store deal. The real reason they are taking a phone from you to get the price is so that Best Buy does not match the $99 price. If it were not for the phone trade in your local BB would match RS's in store (not web) pricing, but they don't do that when something like a phone trade-in is required.
    I totally believe that you nailed the RS strategy exactly. The RS manager admitted to me that all his management currently cares about is the monthly revenue that he can generate for the carriers. Given that RS is no longer a (good) electronics parts store, they now have to grow in other directions. Reallocating some of that from Best Buy is probably the easiest way to get there.
    I totally believe that you nailed the RS strategy exactly. The RS manager admitted to me that all his management currently cares about is the monthly revenue that he can generate for the carriers. Given that RS is no longer a (good) electronics parts store, they now have to grow in other directions. Reallocating some of that from Best Buy is probably the easiest way to get there.

Im sure if this becomes a regular thing BB will adjust. From my chat with the BB regional manager that I know, he acted like it was sort of a trick they pulled this Christmas.

At RS it was clear they did not care if my phone was working or what shape it was in. I gave them my original pre with no battery that had full crack across screen and bad power button and was no problem
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast