Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I really hope sprint will move up my upgrade date. I really want the EVO. Im tired of my Hero small screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Damn, the pressure is on. If I read the other post correctly the sale of $99 is extended with no expiration date?

Now the dilemma I have is do I wait for CES in a couple of weeks? I'm thinking even if HP/Palm were to announce a new handset it would still be a few months for it to become avail for the general public and there is no guarantee it will be released on Sprint.

Another possibility is there is something HOT coming shortly and Sprint/HTC is reacting with a pre-emptive strike trying to lock-in users before it hits.

who knows........
    Question: Does one lose their upgrade status if you do the 30-day trial thing?

If not, there shouldn't be too much pressure. Get the EVO if you want it and use it for 30 days. CES will happen during that 30-day window so if something catches your eye, you can take the EVO back.
    If I go for this deal and buy online and something spectacular comes out for palm at ces, could I just return it to my local radio shack?

Ken
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    If I go for this deal and buy online and something spectacular comes out for palm at ces, could I just return it to my local radio shack?

Ken
    I asked the rep at Radio Shack this question. She said that it can be returned there with no problem. Hope this is accurate, 'cause I'm considering switching back to webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Just an update, I checked the order status and it's showing everything is approved and it's already in shipping status, I'm figuring it probably won't actually ship, however, until Monday.
    cool!
    So do anybody care if an EVO 2 come out on sprint before June??
    Not since im with sprint. You still get the half discount in six months. If the phone is that much better than what i have now with the evo then id be surprised. Unless it has some amazing apps that the other android phones dont have then why upgrade to a phone with a processor thaf wont make much difference.

By the way. I never thought id say this, but i type ridiculously faster on a virtual keyboard than on the Pre hard keyboard. Im starting to become a convert! Of course the large 4.3 inch landscape screen is probably helping with that.:-)
    Yeah the new Evo Shift doesn't even look that great I just don't want to waste my contract on an year old phone come june ... So I can wait
    damn sooo my pre broke and its 100 bucks to replace... now i see this... i hate android BUT this offer is pretty good so i talked it out with my bro and imma gonna give this evo a try. lets see if i can get used to a VKB and ANDROID clunkyness... RIP PRE but dont worry im webOS 4 LIFE!!! lol

on another note i have the sprint insurance and got my pre replaced multiple times free of charge BUT! this time my screen is shattered do you guys think i can maybe sweet talk the rep to replace free again? if so ill hold off on the evo its just i NEED a phone asap and it makes no sense to pay a $100 deductable for a, what? almost 2year old phone when i can upgrade to a newer phone for the same price. ERRRR i hate loving webos so much lol
    I picked up the EVO for my son today. I confirmed with the manager how long the sale was extended. He said "another week" (at all stores, not just his). The free headset sale is not extended - just the $99 EVO DEAL.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    cool!
    Thanks and I really appreciated the info on what you did for the phone number.

I did that and it went right through and Sprint had no trouble processing and approving it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I picked up the EVO for my son today. I confirmed with the manager how long the sale was extended. He said "another week" (at all stores, not just his). The free headset sale is not extended - just the $99 EVO DEAL.
    Ordering online, yesterday, I still got the free headset.

Not that I'll actually use it, because I rarely ever use my phone as a phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Question: Does one lose their upgrade status if you do the 30-day trial thing?

If not, there shouldn't be too much pressure. Get the EVO if you want it and use it for 30 days. CES will happen during that 30-day window so if something catches your eye, you can take the EVO back.
    For a certain time period, you do lose your upgrade, because it's considered that you have used it.

However, if you return the phone, you get your upgrade back.

I was going to get the Epic, before, but changed my mind and the store returned it for me. They didn't return my upgrade, but all I had to do to get it fixed was send an email to CS.
    Will this deal work if you are only eligible for the half year upgrade? I didn't get my Pre until September 2009?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Will this deal work if you are only eligible for the half year upgrade? I didn't get my Pre until September 2009?
    I take it you aren't on a plan that gives you Premier customer status? Because otherwise, September '09 to September '10 is a year and you should have full upgrade eligibility.

However, no, you can't get the same deal if you don't have full upgrade status, because you have to have that to be eligible for the instant rebate they are giving.

If you have the full upgrade status of $150 off, you are also eligible for all the rebates and special offers for an upgrade, like a new customer would be.

However, if you have only the $75 off, then you aren't eligible for the the offers and rebates and ONLY get $75 off the price of a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I take it you aren't on a plan that gives you Premier customer status? Because otherwise, September '09 to September '10 is a year and you should have full upgrade eligibility.

However, no, you can't get the same deal if you don't have full upgrade status, because you have to have that to be eligible for the instant rebate they are giving.

If you have the full upgrade status of $150 off, you are also eligible for all the rebates and special offers for an upgrade, like a new customer would be.

However, if you have only the $75 off, then you aren't eligible for the the offers and rebates and ONLY get $75 off the price of a phone.
    I just called sprint. She said that I am a Premier customer, but I would only get the $75 off because it has only been one year?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So do anybody care if an EVO 2 come out on sprint before June??
    I could care less what phones they offer that are not WebOS. The $99 EVO is a good deal if you spend a lot of time in 4G areas but not really that good of a deal (yet) for the rest of the country. My son is in Boston so it's a good deal for him. I'm eligible for a full upgrade but I'll wait for now since I don't need 4G and I want to see what's offered on WebOS.
    I just called sprint. She said that I am a Premier customer, but I would only get the $75 off because it has only been one year?
    Update: called Sprint again - they said my account was in error and I am eligible now! Thanks Verwon.

I know there is new webOS hardware coming, but it is still going to be at least a year until the app development catches up. Eg I need a good remote desktop app - tons on android - one on webOS that doesn't work.
    ... I know there is new webOS hardware coming, but it is still going to be at least a year until the app development catches up. Eg I need a good remote desktop app - tons on android - one on webOS that doesn't work.
    I'm not capable of playing the violin to accompany your goodbye story, but " " is a nice way to say goodbye!
    That's not correct, unless you're not the primary line on the account. Premier customers, who have the primary line on the account, get the full upgrade every year on Sprint.

However, as I said, you have to have the primary line. You also have to be spending over $69.99 a month on your plan, not including add-ons.

That's why I left my son's and my plan as separate plans and not a combined family plan. That way, we both get the upgrades.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast