Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I was thinking of picking up another used Pre on Ebay to get through, for awhile longer, but if this deal is still valid when my salary hits my bank account on the 1st, I'm probably going to go with it.
    Hey Verwon I just walked over to Radio Shack and picked one up. The learning curve is gonna take awhile, but so far I like it. And I'm not an Android fan. The free bluetooth was a huge selling point for me.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    My pre is falling apart last night I went out and the battery died in like an hour and it's getting more laggy. Is radio shack offering the white Evo?
    Call the local store and ask. Also ask your Best Buy if they will match the Radio Shack price. Many have. See if they will do the white one. Go fast!

But big picture why not just get a 1 mm thick case in whatever color you like:

http://store.androidcentral.com/seid...4A123A7022.htm

The big advantages are that the Innocase II has almost no weight and is just thick enough to protect the camera lens cover which protrudes about a half mm on the back. Otherwise the phone ends up resting on it. It also has just enough of a rubbery texture to keep the phone from sliding on the dash. White shows wear after a time. These are replaceable.

These cases completely cover all surfaces but the camera, dual flash LED's, dual notification LEDs, kickstand, etc.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/24/2010 at 12:31 PM.
    This thread smells of treachery, hang strong girls and boys! I foresee Hpalm launching a Desert Storm type offensive early next year.
    I was thinking of picking up another used Pre on Ebay to get through, for awhile longer, but if this deal is still valid when my salary hits my bank account on the 1st, I'm probably going to go with it.
    Hi Verwon. I have been a bit AWOL here in P|C lately and even more so last week because I was working extra hours for being off work today. I just noticed the thread this evening around 7:45 eastern time. I called the local Radio Shack and the manager there told me he had closed up and was just leaving, but that he was "extending" the 99 EVO sale and I could come in on Sunday to buy one. He said I have to bring in a working phone (with a charger) to get the deal.

I'm not sure if that was just this manager "extending the sale" or if it will be all stores. Maybe you can get a store manager to somehow "save the deal" for you until your paycheck comes in.

I want to get this phone for my son. My son has been wanting a low-end android phone (the LG Optimus S) but since Boston has 4G service, I've been wanting to get him the EVO. One thing I still need to check is how easy it is to "root" the phone and/or add a wifi hotspot (like MyTether). He's staying in a college dorm with sucky internet service. A password protected wifi would make a huge difference in that situation. We were planning on visiting a Sprint store on Sunday and letting him pick out "his Christmas gift".

Merry Christmas,
    --
    Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 12/24/2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: correcting typo - changed "Monday" to "Sunday"
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    Hey Verwon I just walked over to Radio Shack and picked one up. The learning curve is gonna take awhile, but so far I like it. And I'm not an Android fan. The free bluetooth was a huge selling point for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Hi Verwon. I have been a bit AWOL here in P|C lately and even more so last week because I was working extra hours for being off work today. I just noticed the thread this evening around 7:45 eastern time. I called the local Radio Shack and the manager there told me he had closed up and was just leaving, but that he was "extending" the 99 EVO sale and I could come in on Sunday to buy one. He said I have to bring in a working phone (with a charger) to get the deal.

I'm not sure if that was just this manager "extending the sale" or if it will be all stores. Maybe you can get a store manager to somehow "save the deal" for you until your paycheck comes in.

I want to get this phone for my son. My son has been wanting a low-end android phone (the LG Optimus S) but since Boston has 4G service, I've been wanting to get him the EVO. One thing I still need to check is how easy it is to "root" the phone and/or add a wifi hotspot (like MyTether). He's staying in a college dorm with sucky internet service. A password protected wifi would make a huge difference in that situation. We were planning on visiting a Sprint store on Sunday and letting him pick out "his Christmas gift".

Merry Christmas,
    --
    Bob
    Damn it, verwon wants new toy!!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Just caved and bought it myself. Surprised to find that i have 4g in my apartment!

Dont worry webos.... i'll come back when HP dresses you up better.
    So, was working things out to otder one, today, since they still have it as $99, but if you order online from Radioshack, they will not process the order, without a landline phone number to use!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    So, was working things out to otder one, today, since they still have it as $99, but if you order online from Radioshack, they will not process the order, without a landline phone number to use!
    Ridiculous! Who has a landeline anymore? BTW, Cleveland Ohio has 4G coverage also. It's not mentioned on Sprint website, but the very attractive girl at The Shack told me it was there. She also asked for my number! (unfortunately, this was only to active my EVO and not for her personal use)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    Ridiculous! Who has a landeline anymore? BTW, Cleveland Ohio has 4G coverage also. It's not mentioned on Sprint website, but the very attractive girl at The Shack told me it was there. She also asked for my number! (unfortunately, this was only to active my EVO and not for her personal use)
    Exactly! But, online, they process both upgrade/renewals, like they do new accounts and won't submit the order without one.

I am going to try to call my local store on Monday and see if they still have the Evo on this offer and if I can get it there.
    I just put my cell number on there twice and it's the same number I upgraded. got my evo yesterday, but haven't called sprint to switch over yet.
    Really? Wonder if it's worth trying it?
    Hell, I tried it, the worst they can do is decline it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    I just put my cell number on there twice and it's the same number I upgraded. got my evo yesterday, but haven't called sprint to switch over yet.
    Thanks for this tip, it seems to have worked. After the initial emails, I got one a little bit later that said the processing part, through Sprint, is already done and the next thing I get will be my shipping notice.
  14.    #54  
    V-

Let us know if this works. The Radio Shack website has been updated to show no expiration to the $99 offer.

If you are new to Android, check out the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    V-

Let us know if this works. The Radio Shack website has been updated to show no expiration to the $99 offer.

If you are new to Android, check out the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android.

- Craig
    Thanks for the link and it does seem to have worked, Sprint has already approved it, now I just have to wait for it to ship and arrive.

I believe the reason they want a landline is for new accounts and RadioShack was just too lazy to make 2 different forms.

My email said all processing is complete!
    Just an update, I checked the order status and it's showing everything is approved and it's already in shipping status, I'm figuring it probably won't actually ship, however, until Monday.
    Does anyone know how long the sale is extended? I don't get my upgrade till jan 11th and im afraid the sale is going to be over.
    No, I didn't see any specifics on the site, however, with your upgrade that close, you can call Sprint and see if they will give it to you a little earlier, some people have gotten them to move it by a month, but I heard 2 weeks is more their regular thing.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Damn, the pressure is on. If I read the other post correctly the sale of $99 is extended with no expiration date?

Now the dilemma I have is do I wait for CES in a couple of weeks? I'm thinking even if HP/Palm were to announce a new handset it would still be a few months for it to become avail for the general public and there is no guarantee it will be released on Sprint.

Another possibility is there is something HOT coming shortly and Sprint/HTC is reacting with a pre-emptive strike trying to lock-in users before it hits.

who knows........
    On the Android forum, some have said the sale now only goes to January 1st.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast