Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I would wait, with the new smartphones with dual core processors soon to be released, the Evo is a dated machine and add the clunckyness of Android, no thanks.
    derp derp.
    Does when a phone is released define if its dated or not? The Evo is still Sprints flagship phone if a new faster phone came out on sprint, it won't make the Evo slower. One could argue "will HTC continue updating the EVO"...and thats a good question and one to keep in mind if you don't want to root.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Does when a phone is released define if its dated or not? The Evo is still Sprints flagship phone if a new faster phone came out on sprint, it won't make the Evo slower. One could argue "will HTC continue updating the EVO"...and thats a good question and one to keep in mind if you don't want to root.
    But i thought new androids came out every week? The Evo is still sprint's top phone?
    Just a heads up, if you buy an EVO in a radio shack STORE in California, you will have to pay the sales tax on the retail price of the phone, not on $99.00. Order online and pay no sales tax.
    Wish they had a deal that good on the Epic....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I would wait, with the new smartphones with dual core processors soon to be released, the Evo is a dated machine and add the clunckyness of Android, no thanks.
    What do you feel is clunky in Android today? What phone were you using? How long ago?

Last February I seriously looked into Android but it was clunky. In Android time that was two lifetimes ago. By june it was like night and day.
    just upgraded my primary line to this, came out to about $120 with shipping and everything. Not bad considering you'd have to drop 3 hundo @ sprint.
    .:jIbMo:. (biatch)

Sprint Palm Pre, previously Moto Q9c, Moto Q

Palm is da bomb, don't hate!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But i thought new androids came out every week? The Evo is still sprint's top phone?
    Luckily its spread out on all networks.

The lsat top end phones on Sprint were the Evo and Epic. Still are the top phones.

Verizon has saturated their network with A LOT of android devices that would be considered high end. But even then i would STILL recommend an Droid Incredible to people. It does everything every other phone does even though its the oldest of the "new school" without sacracficing anything.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    For this price, might have to think about making the switch for a few weeks and see how it works...figure have the thirty days to return.
    I was thinking of picking up another used Pre on Ebay to get through, for awhile longer, but if this deal is still valid when my salary hits my bank account on the 1st, I'm probably going to go with it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Verizon has saturated their network with A LOT of android devices that would be considered high end. But even then i would STILL recommend an Droid Incredible to people. It does everything every other phone does even though its the oldest of the "new school" without sacracficing anything.
    If I were on Verizon, I would SERIOUSLY be checking out the Droid Pro. That looks like a cool phone!!

(Everything the Pixi should have been).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I picked up the Evo today. I haven't abandoned my Pre, but figured it was worth the 30 day trial & find out if HP has something to say at CES. If they have their own event later, well, I will be ready to upgrade then--Pre in June & Evo (if I keep it) in about October. Sprint also said I could deactivate a phone if I wanted.

There are some things I don't like & some I certainly think are not as easy to use as on the Pre, but I am hoping it is just a matter of getting used to...fortunately, my personal IT expert (my nephew) is home from college & he has the Epic/android so he is helping to show me around.

Come on HP!
    I'm not abandoning palm either, but for a hundo with a free bluetooth headset worth about 40 bux, I couldn't pass it up. Especially since my pre's speakers are **** and I'm tired of going back to sprint. I'm excited about the customizability of android with custom roms and crap. More apps. Tho the card-based UI will always have a special place in my heart as my first touch screen smart phone. Can't wait to see IF and when HP comes out with some exciting stuff, but I'm not holding my breath.. Or upgrade, anymore.
  15.    #35  
    The $99 EVO offer ends 12/24, today.
    Why shipping?, the Radio Shacks have them in the store. They were begging me to upgrade to an Evo for $99 two days ago when I was in there buying a toy. I was so tempted. I don't know what I am going to do at this point.

My volume button is complete broken, charger door broke off...
    People please....

The EVO is a fine phone...

BUT...

If you go to The HP website and are eligible for full upgrade, (I'm a Sprint User ), a Palm Pre can be had for $19.99. That purchase includes touchstone, a leather pouch, a car charger and 2 wall/USB chargers. Sprint gets you for a $30.00 connect fee but it's still a great deal!!! IMHO

The EVO is a lot of phone but the Palm can be however you want it be. The Preware and Mobile Hotspot software alone are worth staying with the Pre.

Happy Holidays to All!!!

Dean M.
    Sacramento, CA.
  18.    #38  
    Dean, the Pre was announced 2 years ago. By the time this contract you recommend ends they will have a 3 or 4 year old phone.

Well their Pre's probably won't be that old. I have never had a Pre last longer than 6 months. No matter what you do make sure you get the insurance.

If you want to stick with Palm for the next two years, shouldn't you keep waiting for something current to come out?

Pre owners have seen first-hand that two years is two generations in phone years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels_____ View Post
    ...the Palm can be however you want it be
    The Pre can be lots of things, sure. Unfortunately, the thing that I wanted it to be above all else was "reliable".
    My pre is falling apart last night I went out and the battery died in like an hour and it's getting more laggy. Is radio shack offering the white Evo?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast