Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I don't use the Facebook App for webOS. The full site works fine IMHO.

But the decent app growth and the formfactors make me a little jealous... :/
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    4510, i think, now according to WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Stats "Currently tracking 4510 apps."
    Microsoft just announced they've sold 1.5 million WP7 devices. That's pretty impressive for a device/OS that's been out barely a month. Granted, those numbers are a mixture of carrier & consumer.
    I think those numbers just represent the retail channel. They are being quite silent about consumer sales. Not a great sign, IMO.
    Yeah, that's 1.5 million shipped, not sold. Microsoft's playing the Sony game here.
    Even if it was 1.5 million sold to consumers, which it isn't, that's still a pretty pathetic number. There have been 18.6 million Android activations during the same period of time.
    You can't compared an established "current trend" OS platform to a new comer.

Its a long term race, even Palm said that......Microsoft said they missed a cycle which was important one...so now they will be working from behind and i'm sure they weren't expecting to light the charts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    4510, i think, now according to WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Stats "Currently tracking 4510 apps."
    yes...but how many of those are fart or soundboard apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Not many (if any at all).

I like how thats been the line any time app stores are brought up on this site. Like the App catalog isn't plagued with tons of garbage apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Not many (if any at all).

I like how thats been the line any time app stores are brought up on this site. Like the App catalog isn't plagued with tons of garbage apps.
    I assumed it is universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    If Palm can't compete with anyone in the industry, then they shouldn't be in the industry.
    When they start competing in their new HP powered incarnation, we'll see. They have really put out any real effort in almost a year.

When Micro$oft was spending as much in advertising as you had in cash on hand, you can't really compete. Looks like that is about to change, then we can all move from speculation to facts we can analyze.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    When they start competing in their new HP powered incarnation, we'll see. They have really put out any real effort in almost a year... Looks like that is about to change, then we can all move from speculation to facts we can analyze.
    Sorry, but they don't get to do that. They started out with a lot of confidence and flash. They were all up in Apple's grill. They were absolutely ready to compete and take on all comers. They were strutting and smack-talking to the point of extreme arrogance. They thought the had the formula figured out. They were in it to win it.

First play at scrimmage, they fumble the ball. Next play, they throw a pick-six. By half-time, they're down 50 - 0. Only then do they say they were just kidding. They talk about their injury report and how they had to field the practice squad. In the middle of the game, they start calling it an exhibition. They tell their fans to just wait for the "real" game to begin. They are getting a new owner and a new quarterback. Everything will be different then.

No! That won't fly. Once Palm put on the big-boy pants and started running their mouths, along with their supporters, they can't cry foul when they get their faces pounded to a bloody pulp. This is not a video game. They can't call for a do-over every time they start losing.

We have every right to judge Palm based on who they are and what they offer right now. If you want to withhold judgement on them, then you also have to withhold judgement on all other competitors. I have just as much right to smack-talk about the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2. Who are you to judge Apple based on their current lineup? Just you wait...
    For Android it is 141 fart and 1291 soundbaord apps out of 120,000. You can search for anything here:
    AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games

It does not matter how many apps there are. It ony matters if they have the apps you want:
    Voice Search - This is what Voice Actions is actually called.
    Talk To Me - Listens to one language and says it in another!
    Photoshop - Edit photos and image files on your phone.
    Shazam – Listens to a song and tells you title & artist.
    Barcode Scanner Scans and gives you links. Is something cheaper elsewhere?
    KindleNOOK A million free books
    Tuner - gStrings - Now your phone tunes your guitar.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/21/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Sorry, but they don't get to do that. They started out with a lot of confidence and flash. They were all up in Apple's grill. They were absolutely ready to compete and take on all comers. They were strutting and smack-talking to the point of extreme arrogance. They thought the had the formula figured out. They were in it to win it.

First play at scrimmage, they fumble the ball. Next play, they throw a pick-six. By half-time, they're down 50 - 0. Only then do they say they were just kidding. They talk about their injury report and how they had to field the practice squad. In the middle of the game, they start calling it an exhibition. They tell their fans to just wait for the "real" game to begin. They are getting a new owner and a new quarterback. Everything will be different then.

No! That won't fly. Once Palm put on the big-boy pants and started running their mouths, along with their supporters, they can't cry foul when they get their faces pounded to a bloody pulp. This is not a video game. They can't call for a do-over every time they start losing.

We have every right to judge Palm based on who they are and what they offer right now. If you want to withhold judgement on them, then you also have to withhold judgement on all other competitors. I have just as much right to smack-talk about the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2. Who are you to judge Apple based on their current lineup? Just you wait...
    But it's a kinder, gentler Palm now. One that aspires to battle for third place.

You act as if a company is supposed to come out and beg for someone to make room at the table. Any company worth it's salt comes out swinging and confident and if they fall down they get back up again. But that's never happened to Apple (riiight)

It's obvious that Palm didn't meet it's expectations, and you can judge them any way you want to, it's your prerogative. However, if the the Texas Rangers pick up Cliff Lee during the season, their expectations change dramatically. (Oh wait! that actually happened ) You act as if the game is over, but it is not even close to over. If you lose the 15 of your first 25 games in baseball the season is hardly over. So it would help you to use a proper analogy.... more into phones than sports???

If you feel the need to look back at the failure in Palms past, go for it. But the future might not be the same as the past, so you had best get your pleasure now.

And I do find all of the personal passion in your statements amusing. Especially since most of your statements are based on a rather incorrect reading of what you wanted to see, rather than what I actually said.

I have no personal animus against any of the current smart phones offerings (though Google's privacy issues are starting to give me pause - and yes I have an Android too)

But I do hope to see the rebound of HP / Palm / webOS just so I can see how you (and your ilk) will attempt to discount their success. You might be stuck with talking about how bad they used to be.

All companies change to survive and HP will need to as well. After all, who ever thunk that high-end Apple would be selling product at "Wally World" today?

And seriously, how many of the 100,000 Pre owners (it's a joke, the number) do you actually know to have talked smack. It foolish to judge a whole group of people by a small sample of phone nerds on a enthusiasts web site.

C
    When they start competing in their new HP powered incarnation, we'll see. They have really put out any real effort in almost a year...Looks like that is about to change, then we can all move from speculation to facts we can analyze.
    I'm going to use the same quote as I did before because you don't seem to realize the impact of what you are saying. If Palm has not put forth an effort in almost a year, that is their own fault. They started the fight. In hindsight, that was a stupid thing to do.

Your last sentence is what I find most outrageous, though. You say we will be able to move from speculation to fact. WE ALREADY HAVE FACTS! You just don't happen to like them. So you want to wait until there is a more favorable set of facts.

The Pre2 is a launch disaster RIGHT NOW! It is not old or irrelevant news. It is breaking news. HP is bungling the Palm heritage worse than Palm did. Will that change "in the coming months"? Perhaps. At that time, we can all evaluate things based on the new, present reality.
    You act as if a company is supposed to come out and beg for someone to make room at the table.
    Absolutely not!!! They are supposed to ask their customers to come out and beg on their behalf.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Absolutely not!!! They are supposed to ask their customers to come out and beg on their behalf.

Oh, no you didn't!
    no idea. but they are at 4601 now. That's crazy. even if it's fart apps they making some fart apps fast. Wonder i brighthouse and in there yet. Actually no i don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post

Ahh man, that's just wrong...LMAO
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast