1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about buying the 4th generation iPod Touch. However, I could always get a larger GB 3rd generation device if I think the camera is useless.

Anyone that can post a comparison would be greatly appreciated.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    If the camera quality is important to you then you should probably go with the Palm Pre. While I can’t create a side by side picture comparison the specs alone should tell you which camera is best.

The fourth-generation iPod touch camera is hampered by an extremely low-resolution sensor, no autofocus, no LED flash, and no HDR capabilities. The 40mm camera only manages still images of 720 x 960 pixels—that's a measly 0.69 megapixels. The front-facing camera also has minimal specifications for a smartphone and was added for Apple's Facetime video chat app.

The Palm Pre 3.2 megapixel camera lacks auto-focus (and lacks a macro, in particular) but the resulting pictures are quite nice, especially with proper lighting. In low light conditions the LED flash works well to a distance of about 10 feet. There’s a decent amount of detail, and color balance is good using the latest imaging correction software from DxO Labs.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    The iPod touch 4th gen is a great device. Not a good camera at all though, unlike the iPhone which does have a superior camera
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I've had my Pre since launch.... It's impossible to use it as an MP3 player and a phone (w/o it being plugged in, b/c of battery life).

I'm hoping a iPod Touch can fill the void of my battery loss... i.e. as a mp3 player with some web usage.

However, I can't decide if I want a 3rd generation or 4th generation. A side-by-side comparison of picture quality w/ the Pre would help make that decision.

I've looked at pictures from the touch online and they all seem to be equally as good as the Pre's (although I know the specs don't say so). My uninformed guess is that once the images are shrunk to a particular size they all appear pretty equal.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    There’s a decent amount of detail, and color balance is good using the latest imaging correction software from DxO Labs.
    Sorry to jump in - but is this the built in software stack or something you need external to the Pre? I assume built in but I wasn't certain and I don't always get the results I want from the camera so I was curious. I shoot Digital SLR's most of the time so my expectations may be a bit too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Sorry to jump in - but is this the built in software stack or something you need external to the Pre? I assume built in but I wasn't certain and I don't always get the results I want from the camera so I was curious. I shoot Digital SLR's most of the time so my expectations may be a bit too high.
    The DxO image processing software is built into webOS on the Palm Pre.

DxO Labs technologies at the heart of the Palm Pre camera
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~