1.    #1  
    As you can tell from the title, I am on Sprint and have no intention of switching.

That being said, I am growing tired of my somewhat laggy and aging franken-pixi (I did the wifi mod).

I am looking at the LG Optimus S and the Samsung Transform as they are priced very competitively priced and I have no interest in 4G.

So far I have come up with this list of pros and cons:

LG Optimus S -
    Pros:
    - Android 2.2 Froyo
    - Selling fairly well (so there will be a good support community)
    - Solid construction
    Cons:
    - No physical keyboard
    - No notification LED
    - Smaller screen
    - It's not webOS

Samsung Transform
    Pros:
    - Physical keyboard
    - Front-facing camera
    - 800mhz processor
    - Bigger screen
    Cons:
    - Sliding mechanisms are never that good
    - Seems to have no community on XDA and very little community on SDA
    - Plastic-y feel
    - It's not webOS
    Neutral:
    - Currently it's on Android 2.1, but it seems that Samsung has said it will update it to 2.2 before the years end. Then again, it's not like Samsung has never lied...

What are your thoughts PreCentral community?
    Stay away from the Samsung Transform. It's incredibly slow and buggy. Mine crashed several times per day and I hated it. The 800mhz processor is the same one as in the old Samsung Moment. Also the Samsung Transform doesn't have a notification LED either. The LG Optimus S is a LOT faster. It's using FROYO (Android 2.2) which is a lot snappier than ECLAIR (Android 2.1). The screen also looks better on the LG Optimus S. It's the same resolution but the contrast ratio seems to be a lot higher.
    The processor on the LG Optimus is 200MHZ slower but it's using a lower clocked snapdragon/like processor that performs much better. It's not all about MHZ rating. It also has a dedicated GPU so it renders everything faster as well.
  4.    #4  
    really? the transform seemed alright when i was playing with it at the store, and I though it had a charging LED which I assumed would also blink for notifications. Guess not though.

Do you think the transform would be better with froyo? Samsung has said something to the effect of updating that phone to froyo before the end of 2010.
    Samsung has a very bad reputation when it comes to updating their phones with bug fixes and operating system changes. You are much better off sticking with LG or HTC. I replaced my Pre and my son's Pixi with the LG Optimus S and we are both very satisfied. So satisfied that I'm buying two more...for my other kids.
  6.    #6  
    yea thats the feeling i have gotten. i have decided not to buy the samsung (especially after that samsung instinct that left a very bad taste in my mouth).

are you listening samsung? you're inability to please existing customers is driving away new customers.

i am probably going to wait until those palm and sprint announcements in february.
    Just bought my daughter a optimus s and its a nice little device. i had a pre for 14 months and i think the optimus s is much better.

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    yea thats the feeling i have gotten. i have decided not to buy the samsung (especially after that samsung instinct that left a very bad taste in my mouth).

are you listening samsung? you're inability to please existing customers is driving away new customers.

i am probably going to wait until those palm and sprint announcements in february.
    You might want to consider that January 30th is the last day to be able to get a new phone without the $10 per month, Sprint, smart phone surcharge. This was a big impetus for us swapping out our Palm phones now.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Just bought my daughter a optimus s and its a nice little device. i had a pre for 14 months and i think the optimus s is much better.

Evo-lution
    I think we'll replace my other son's Samsung Moment next. We'll be 100% free of Palm and Samsung. Yeah!