Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    Andriod ******* are the worst ever.... Srry if I'm ranting but they really get on my nervs... Especially when they have no clue about phones just that andriod can do this and that and that's all they care about and will boast about....
    k? why would i not support a platform that i feel is better and that i own?...
    Uhm...yeah..."Android fans are the worst ever." I don't understand why they would "support a platform that they feel is better and that they own." Ugh!
    Have to agree. life long Palm guy. Had every palm phones to the Pre. I like webos but went to android with all the problems with the Pre. (not webos , the Pre Phone) and never looked back. Love Android. (My Evo is just so solid and the greatest phone I have ever used.) Still have a Pre in the family. My 9 year old has it . with the new OS honeycomb etc theres alot of good thing coming to Android. Pfcourse I will compare what the newest WEBos phone is but I cant see my self ever coming back. But webos is still a good OS. Nothing will change that.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 12/17/2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Android rules at most carriers - not just Sprint - because it's the only modern and mature smartphone OS that is widely available, both in terms of carriers and device choices. WebOS isn't mature and has no wide availability for device choices. iOS has no wide availability for carriers (in the US) or device choices. RIM isn't modern and doesn't have devies. WP7 isn't mature and has the same carrier limitations as iOS.

It's the smartphone OS that makes the most business sense for the most people.
    Last edited by mikah912; 12/16/2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    thing is 4g is the new cool thing and people will pay 10 dollas for the new cool thing even if it doesn work right. I know my mother in law is one of them. When she wanted a new phone, first thing she says is I want 4g. Every phone, "oh is that 4g" now moms I told you evo and epic are only 4g phones that sprint has!
    Soon that will change to LTE. As those phones are right around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Uhm...yeah..."Android fans are the worst ever." I don't understand why they would "support a platform that they feel is better and that they own." Ugh!
    hahaha.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTTKDKing View Post
    I'm looking forward to see how Palm comes back to this one. I loved my Pre, and now love my Evo, and just FYI I'm not a fan boy for either, I like smart phones in general (little biased against Apple but there's other reasons for that). Anywho, I was reading through some articles on Gizmodo, Engadget and Lifehacker and I stumbled across this one.

[url= Optimus 2X: first dual-core smartphone launches with Android, 4-inch display, 1080p video recording -- Engadget[/url]

I hope all this hold out with the "In the coming months" comments from Palm yields a device on par with this type of set up. Can you imagine how fast WebOS would be on this type of hardware? Would be insane (especially as at 1ghz the Pre was very fast). Just wondering anyone else's thoughts on the matter.
    Yeah, I saw that LG one, looks pretty sweet. My concern is that HP will announce a new phone with specs like an Evo with a Snapdragon or whatever, while HTC anounces the EVO ultra or samnsung has the Epic II that takes things to the next level. Palm would be playing from behind again...
    netflix isn't in the andriod market btw...
    and forget all the andriod crap I got my eyes on a new WP7 device all my friends have andriod and iphones and the andriod users think it's soooo great mainly becuz the customization and the apps, which ios and webos can do when rooted jailbroken whateverr... And there really oblivious to webos and think ios is old and dated and they always ask when I'm getting the evo and in my head I'm like I'd stick with my pre over that anyday.. Andriod ******* are the worst ever.... Srry if I'm ranting but they really get on my nervs... Especially when they have no clue about phones just that andriod can do this and that and that's all they care about and will boast about....
    Your friends are happy, what's the problem? They don't have the OS you feel they should have?
    WOAH but android selection is so limited on sprint (especially when compared to its cdma counterpart verizon)

Where is the high end slab android phones other than the evo. For high end androids there is only epic and evo, and thats it. SO its either a 4.3" screen slab or a horizontal slide out.

All other phones are pretty low end, except maybe for new lg optimus probably midrange.

I feel like sprint is shooting itself in the foot by only carrying high end "super" smartphones that have 4g. Makes it alot easier for them to charge the 10 dollar fee, with a 4g phone than a 3g phone. Even though the 10 dollars is really for the increased data use on 3g. i wish sprint would just announce that, so they don't have to shove 4g chips in to justify the 10$ fee. I would rather pay 10$ monthly fee for a super high end smartphone, than a tiered data plan on all phones as ATT and Verizon did.

Really no normal samsung galaxy s phone on sprint.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Yep lack of good phone selection on sprint is a big problem. Only thing keeping me from jumping ship is cheap monthly charges. Verizon has a much better selection of phones
    <<thread cleaned>>

Lets keep personal attacks out of the posts. This is about phones, not people. Please stay on-topic and civil to each other. Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12