Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think M$ really has faith in this I think that's why they don't care about the #s right now, and I think in time they will be a top copetitor but only time will tell I think the only thing they need is some updates to really catch up and get ahead becuz the platform is really unique and nice, I'd love to get one when they come to sprint...
    Is it possible to root WP7, and install homebrew and patches like the Pre?

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Is it possible to root WP7, and install homebrew and patches like the Pre?

Gx
    Yes and no. A group of people had started working on these things because they were worried MS wasn't going to keep patching and updating WP7. But they got the people to back off offering such things and promised to updated WP7 and keep improving it.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    from what i understand wp7 is not selling very well atm. simple features are missing and even on xda there isn't alot of buzz about the new phones. there's basically no development what so ever either.

im not saying per say the phones will fail but until the devs can work their magic things might be a bit stale.
    i dont' know their app store is flying and at this rate will pass webos by mid January. Plus they got a bunch of phones scheduled to come out. Asus E600. They got a China launch coming up apparently with Lenovo, Huawei, and ZTE making phones. http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-pho...eaded-2011-mwc one article mentioned ACER as on board to make phones . Dell has a phone coming out too (although it looks ugly to me.) So i think in Volume they got a lot of momentum. Whether that translates into sales who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    ummm.... trust me they are. if this platform fails they are done in the smartphone market. their fanbase has already diminished greatly as most of the users/devs have gone android now. i also remember balmer saying how "risky" windows 8 will be. i don't know what that means but it worries me. sometimes i wish bill gates would return to microsoft full time.
    according to yahoo microsoft has $42.35 Billion dollars in cash. I think they can afford it. Google could afford to have android on like 1 or 2 phones for a year and not get paid for the O.S.
    I know for one thing Telus extended the "buy a WP7 phone get an XBox free" promo. But that's probably for Christmas.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    some interesting comments that indicate Microsoft is taking a long term approach and likely and thus is happy with it's sales

Achim Berg,
    corporate vice president,
    Microsoft Mobile Communications Business and Marketing Group.

"We know we have tough competition, and this is a completely new product. We’re in the race – it’s not a sprint but we are certainly gaining momentum and we’re in it for the long run."

"Yes, and I think our expectations are realistic for a new platform. We started fresh with Windows Phone 7, and it’s a different kind of phone. Measuring for success is more long term than short term. "

"We’re comfortable with where we are, and we are here for the long run; Windows Phone 7 is just the beginning."

"We are on a path to begin releasing the first of several updates in the next couple of months, and several more mobile operators around the world will introduce Windows Phone 7 on their network in 2011 and we will have a broader portfolio of devices from phone manufacturers at different price points delivering on our commitment of providing customers choice."
    Windows Phone 7 Sales Off to a Promising Start, First Step in a New Era of Mobile: Achim Berg, Microsoft‚€™s vice president of business and marketing for Windows Phones, discusses the momentum, strengths and challenges of the company‚€™s newly launch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12