Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    She's on her fourth blackberry with all kinds of phone and email problems I won't go into. Recently at Best Buy she saw an iPad and fell in love with its simplicity. Then she was shown an iPhone and decided that that would be her next phone.

I decided to show her the Droid X (she's on VZW.) I know, I'm a traitor She and I hated it. Mostly due to the default wallpaper and icons which don't do it justice, but also Android right now is an ugly, clunky mess. So after that fiasco her heart was set on the iPhone.

Today she mentioned that in three months she will upgrade to the iphone, even if it means going to AT&T. I finally decided to show off my little old Palm Pre+. I showed her how I can read and search through email. Then I jumped to texts and showed her the threaded view of our texts, then I went on the internet and in between started Pandora. Then I started the phone app and showed her the recent call list. She was blown away. Guess what phone she wants now?

The only catch is... She wants it to be a candy-bar (ie the iPhone/Droid X) form factor, and she wants it in March. I have a feeling that HP will disappoint.
    Only time will tell.... <<fingers crossed>>
    for your mother's sake and all of ours I hope that HP doesnt disappoint.
    I can picture your mom saying the following:

"I want the one with the Wifis and the 3-gees".

Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    The only catch is... She wants it to be a candy-bar (ie the iPhone/Droid X) form factor, and she wants it in March. I have a feeling that HP will disappoint.
    I thought the Pixi/Droid Pro were the candy-bar form and the iPhone/Droid X were the slate form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I thought the Pixi/Droid Pro were the candy-bar form and the iPhone/Droid X were the slate form?
    Sure.
    Have you shown her the Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The irony is that I also hate Blackberry, but I love your mom.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.