Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    well someone went over to the android place and got a whole buncha votes lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Yes, but at the very least, these types of polls show casual people that webOS is still around. Even if they don't know what it is.
    If it doesn't cause casual people to "consider" webOS, then "the very least" is not enough. I wonder how many "casual people" will even see the poll. Oh well...
    I always like to participate in these things. I doesn't make a difference one bit but makes me smile when I see how many people do vote for the little smartphone that could.

By the way EVO is crushing the competition.
    voted
    I never vote in these types of polls. They are silly. My self worth is not based on the approval of a bunch of basement-dwelling neck beards. But, after seeing the fervor in this community, I decided to go ahead and throw a bone to the underdog. I voted...

for the iPhone 4.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Voted. Pre stays ahead of iPhone4. :-)
    wont vote for the pre. palm had no business producing the phone. they should of made only the pixi with a 3.1 screen and the pre's processor.

a phone company with limited resources should concentrate on only one form factor. preferably that which is familiar to its legacy user base, who will ultimately be its early adopters.
    Wow, someone at AndroidCentral really got the troops motivated:

Apple iPhone 4(Review) 7.63% (435 votes)

BlackBerry Torch(Review) 1.12% (64 votes)

HTC Evo 4G(Review) 56.17% (3,201 votes)

Motorola Droid X(Review) 6.91% (394 votes)

Palm Pre Plus(Review) 7.02% (400 votes)

Samsung Epic 4G(Review) 7.91% (451 votes)

Samsung Focus(Review) 2.25% (128 votes)

T-Mobile myTouch 4G(Review) 10.98% (626 votes)
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    wont vote for the pre. palm had no business producing the phone. they should of made only the pixi with a 3.1 screen and the pre's processor.

a phone company with limited resources should concentrate on only one form factor. preferably that which is familiar to its legacy user base, who will ultimately be its early adopters.
    I have to ask - why would the Pixi be the form factor you think they should have stuck with when it is the less well selling and would make the phone larger with the larger screen.

HP has limited resources?

EDIT: Oh you're referring to THEN.

Eh, pixi would've been DOA if that was there come back phone. Not saying Pre was much better but The pixi doesn't scream BUY ME in todays market.
    voted.. need more votes!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Wow, someone at AndroidCentral really got the troops motivated
    I think it is on droidforums, androidforums, and everywhere else now. 5 out of the 8 finalists are Androids.

It was 116,000 new Android phone activations a day in May. In November it was 300,000 activations a day. That works out to 109 million a year right as of November and climbing.
    not sure, but weren't all the phones palm was selling for the last ten years the pixi form factor? wouldn't it have been prudent for palm to first market a similar phone that its users were familiar with?

i wouldn't be surprised if half the people on this forum would have purchased a pixi if it had the same specs (processor and screen size) as the pre.
    not sure, but weren't all the phones palm was selling for the last ten years the pixi form factor? wouldn't it have been prudent for palm to first market a similar phone that its users were familiar with?

i wouldn't be surprised if half the people on this forum would have purchased a pixi if it had the same specs (processor and screen size) as the pre.
    Perhaps, but there were a lot of people complaining about the small screens of those phones as well. So Palm had a tough choice. Stick with what they know and make it beter or give people a bigger screen. They chose a compromise (bigger screen plus keyboard) but screwed up the hardware. And offered the Pixi as a second option.

I do agree that they should have used similar internal specs for the Pixi so that it was more on par with the Pre.

They had to try and compete with the iPhone though, so what are you gonna do.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    They had to try and compete with the iPhone though, so what are you gonna do.
    No truer words spoken. This is the question every smartphone vendor has to answer. But there answer is always phone against phone, feature against feature. The iPhone is more than just a phone, and only Google seems to get this. You must attack the whole picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I can't consciously vote for the Pre this time. I Love my phone, but it wasn't the best phone available this year.
    ditto
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The pre belongs in the worst smart phone of the year category. Plagued with hardware problms and extremely slow. Why exactly does it deserve to be voted as best smartphone of the year when it can't do tasks like document editing?
    Essential smartphone tasks seem to be managing Facebook & Twitter, and keeping up with the latest inane meme on Youtube. Not editing documents.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    If the Pre wins the poll is rigged.
    Nope. You go by market share and therefore assume that a phone with low market share can't win.

But this kind of poll is not representative to begin with.

With self-selecting polls like this the outcome is determined by a function of market share times intensity.
    Webos market share is small - but the remaining users are big fans and a relatively high percentage will vote.
    A phone like the Evo has more users - but many of them don't care much either way and then don't bother to vote.

Anyway - Pre Plus is not close to wining atm.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Webos market share is small - but the remaining users are big fans and a relatively high percentage will vote.
    But interestingly, WebOS is not polling at anywhere never the levels it has in the past, indicating that decline has increased within the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    ditto
    I bought my Pre (-) last year.
    If I had to pick a new phone now - even if you take out the Plus and 2 versions - I still would pick the Pre over the current competition.

For what I want from a phone - it's still better than the competition a year later.
    The hardware isn't nearly as bad as some here make it out (it helps that I'm on my first Pre and never had any hardware issues with it). And the OS overcompensates the hardware and relative small number of apps anyway.

I don't want to switch platforms every year. And I don't want to abandon apps that I bought into and got used to - so I'm considering the fundamentals of the platform.
    And when it comes to the platform WebOS is clearly ahead. It combines the best features of IOS and Android - and beats even that.

I expect my phones to be with me for a couple of years. And my OCd Pre (-) will do fine for another year (heck - it's still OK even without the 1 GHz). By then HPalm will have done it's relaunch and I'll have several successors to pick from.

YMMV of course
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast