Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    lol...voted twice(home and work)...and I have never 'seen' either vphone or webOS...
    Palm at 3 now though...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    If the Pre wins the poll is rigged.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    I agree.
    My own personal view is mixed on this point. I think this kind of user poll is very difficult to get a good unbiased view of the real views of the users of the phones. Very few have actually used all or even several of the phones in a real meaningful way. Fewer still can separate their own reasons for selecting a phone from the reasons that might make one phone better for others than another.

In the end I voted for the Palm Pre Plus - despite serious shortfalls. I did so because I feel I cannot adequately separate my feelings and reasons from the overall question. And when I look over the choices that I had available to me this year this phone (which I did not purchase until November BTW) was the best phone for me and my wife. I can't answer if there are better choices now or if there are better choices for others. Factors in my decision:

Size - I can't stand a big phone.
    Mobile Hot Spot - Free with this and only this phone on Verizon.
    Carrier - Unwilling to give up the service and coverage on Verizon.
    Intuitive Interface - My wife who is a big of a luddite LOVES the UI.

What's the future hold for us? Unknown - I'm not married to the phone's OS and manufacturer and I am willing to look at Win7 Mobile, Android, Iphone on Verizon, etc in the future.

Do I have serious issues with my phone - yes. However I cannot expand on these now without going seriously offtopic.
    Voted, but looks like EVO 4G has edged us out.
    voted for my favour phone. Palm pre minus on Bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    We have another problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    While I voted for the Pre+ I have no investment in the idea that "We have a problem..."

It's just a phone...
    It's just a poll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    While I voted for the Pre+ I have no investment in the idea that "We have a problem..."

It's just a phone...
    It's just a poll...
    but we keep losing in other areas, it'd be nice for us to get another win. Side note: voting ends 12/17. I dont think we have any problems, this community is the best.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    The nerve. If it was not for us Palm diehards getting the Pre and Pixi, Sprint would have been in the toilet even more then they have been.
    Of course, Sprint in no way kept Palm afloat when no other carrier was willing to step up initially, and certainly didn't sell the most WebOS hardware even though they got stuck with the crappiest versions. No sir....
    It's easy to see who wins this poll. The Evo and the Slide are ahead. The overall winner is...obviously...Laptopmag.com!!!

They get the page hits. Aside from that, the poll matters as much to the market as what I had for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    It's easy to see who wins this poll. The Evo and the Slide are ahead. The overall winner is...obviously...Laptopmag.com!!!

They get the page hits. Aside from that, the poll matters as much to the market as what I had for lunch.
    they really do, though I must say their polls, and reviews on products are very well done IMO.
    its just good to see a platform that struggled for a while now, still has some love out there. Even now with all these different phones out there running higher specs, better quality etc, Webos still gets respect just due to the great OS, and of course our supporters here and everywhere else.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I voted
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Voted.
    Update:
    Apple iPhone 4(Review) 8.44% (222 votes)
    BlackBerry Torch(Review) 1.41% (37 votes)
    HTC Evo 4G(Review) 36.71% (965 votes)
    Motorola Droid X(Review) 8.06% (212 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus(Review) 13.2% (347 votes)
    Samsung Epic 4G(Review) 11.14% (293 votes)
    Samsung Focus(Review) 2.05% (54 votes)
    T-Mobile myTouch 4G(Review) 18.98% (499 votes)

Total Votes: 2,629
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    its just good to see a platform that struggled for a while now, still has some love out there. Even now with all these different phones out there running higher specs, better quality etc, Webos still gets respect just due to the great OS, and of course our supporters here and everywhere else.
    Don't mistake the few fans (usually from this very forum) voting for webOS as "still has some love out there" or "respect just due to the great OS".

Those things would generate sales, not just a few votes.
    not really. everyone that still has some love already bought one. the rest of the world as never heard of a pre.
    I can't, in good faith, vote for the Pre Plus given 1) I've never used one, and 2) even if I could surmise what a Pre+ might be like given that I've been using a Bell Pre for over a year now, I can't vote for it as the Best Smartphone of 2010 because, hugely based on hardware, it wasn't. In 2009, maybe. If it were "Best Smartphone OS of 2010", however, I would still vote for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Don't mistake the few fans (usually from this very forum) voting for webOS as "still has some love out there" or "respect just due to the great OS".

Those things would generate sales, not just a few votes.
    Yes, but at the very least, these types of polls show casual people that webOS is still around. Even if they don't know what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    I can't, in good faith, vote for the Pre Plus given 1) I've never used one, and 2) even if I could surmise what a Pre+ might be like given that I've been using a Bell Pre for over a year now, I can't vote for it as the Best Smartphone of 2010 because, hugely based on hardware, it wasn't. In 2009, maybe. If it were "Best Smartphone OS of 2010", however, I would still vote for webOS.
    I hope that you approach the 2012 election with the same level of integrity and thoughtful consideration.

The smartphone voting is fun. and wont impact the global economy.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    How about another bumppppp
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    No, the Pre + was released in 2010.

I did the com board swap to upgrade my Sprint - to a + and it is a night and day difference. Especialy when talking about PDK apps which load up in less then 1/2 the time of a -. I compared it at a bar with a couple of friends, we each started Angry Birds from scratch (on an iPhone, Epic 4G and my Pre +) and the Pre + was the fastest, even without OCing. EDIT: that was as far as the testing went, so I'm not by any means saying the Pre + is faster than the others, was just trying to make a point about differences in a - and +.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast