Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    This thread is funny.
    +1 thanks for a great Monday morning start. I thoroughly enjoyed this thead
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What does this even mean? "Windows is going to have oversaturation issue" - does that makes any sense?

All Smart-phone makers except for Apple have a problem in that commodification is becoming an issue for smartphones and everybody is in a race to the bottom in terms of prices. Android is actually in a better position than the competition because the licensing is free, when the focus moves to shifting boxes rather than hero phones that's going to make a bit difference to smart-phone margins.
    wrong nor windows, or apple have a dozen of devices coming from 6 or more manufacturers in 6 month intervals. For example sprint rumored to turn down the Nexus S to run on sprint due to sprint stating they have the EVO, and the EVO shift is coming which are simliar devices. A blow to samsung, and another point for HTC. Manufactuer conflicts that will get worse.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 12/13/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    People should forget apple in their discussions, their model is completely different and is based upon differentiation via brand - not something that HP can actually do.
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    This thread is full of dreams lol. Android will be number 1 in a couple more years and webs might be 3rd. IPhone will either be one or 2. Wp7 is not going anywhere.

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.
    which is it android WILL be number 1, or Apple may be number 1 TOO?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    It's OK not to be number one, two or three.....it's market share that matters. If you are fourth or fifth with 1.8% market share your done. If you have a reasonable user base then all will be well.
    I'm not hung up on #1....I am dying for new hardware....CES, CES, CES. HP/PALM better hit one out of the park!
    very well put, and true as long as your a solid company, with a solid martket you can still be profitable and still exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Is that the formula for the iPaq's continued existence?
    as stated with a solid market, so of course at this point the IPAQ, and HP does not have a solid market in the smartphone relm right? No where in his statment or mine did it state at this point HP is considered.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    wrong nor windows, or apple have a dozen of devices coming from 6 or more manufacturers in 6 month intervals. For example sprint rumored to turn down the Nexus S to run on sprint due to sprint stating they have the EVO, and the EVO shift is coming which are simliar devices. A blow to samsung, and another point for HTC. Manufactuer conflicts that will get worse.
    You've lost me? Windows as an OS has dozen of machines released with it on every week, that's why the PC market is subject to Commodification and it's (mainly) about volume.
    Last edited by CGK; 12/13/2010 at 10:45 AM.
    I don't understand how his logic is saying because Sprint doesn't want the nexus S, Android will fail....?

What?
    I don't understand how his logic is saying because Sprint doesn't want the nexus S, Android will fail....?

What?
    if thats what you got from it, thats very sad . I gave an example of what some analysit and Nokia exects think will happen to Android: Nokia: Going the Android Route is like Peeing in your Pants for Warmth | Android Phone Fans

As with what they think its just speculation nothing solid, and my personal views are yes Android will slow down when other platforms are introduced completly(wp7 on VZ, sprint, BB, iphone on VZ, and if Webos produces great products). Though personally no I dont think Android will fail, but the market share they have currently I believe will slow considerably. I understand we have alot of android fans on this site, which too is part of the oversaturation of the market .
    No....but the thread says:

I could see a future with no android or RIM.

Thats saying android will die completely. I was under the impressions you are sharing in this belief. Of course the growth will slow.
    @wellwellwell11, what do you mean by "oversaturation of the market"? And are you saying it's a good or bad thing?
    No....but the thread says:

I could see a future with no android or RIM.

Thats saying android will die completely. I was under the impressions you are sharing in this belief. Of course the growth will slow.
    right thats what the thread states, but you commented to me, on a reply to another person, asking me a question about what I meant, in a previous post. Glad you see my position, though not fond of Android personally for your benifit I do think its a strong platform. Be easy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12