Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What about Neato! ? It's old news because "chrome to phone" exists but... What about "phone to Chrome"? It doesn't exists, as far as I know, but Neato! Does it.
    Which, in turn, is a clone of Tapbot's PasteBot for iOS.

Since we're giving credit where credit is due and all.
    ...i will participate in this discussion in 6-8 months . The fact that people haven't forgotten about webOS with our current market share and HP's conscious decision to reboot makes me happy. Andriod and iOS have people to develop for, so they have developers. With 2 devices a month and Enyo I believe we will be in a different seat soon. Lets just hope HP webOS fairs better than Palm webOS.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Seriously. You have no idea about what Incredible! Does but anyways you're bashing it as "old news".

What about Neato! ? It's old news because "chrome to phone" exists but... What about "phone to Chrome"? It doesn't exists, as far as I know, but Neato! Does it.

You can't bash here anything webOS related because "something similar" exists previously. If you do it, then don't comment the Glory of Android's search system on another thread, because Universal Search isn't "so 2008". It's "so 1996" (do you remember PalmOS?), and Voice Command is just an addition.

(That without saying that search on Android devices is more than clunky. It works, but it's sloooooow (I'm talking about a Galaxy S, far from "a Pixi"), but you don't tell that.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm very familiar with what Incredible! and Neato! does. I follow Geoff's work closely since he is the Foursquare creator and when I was working on the Brightkite app we would confer to one another in regards to many things.

My point was, users on webOS that have never been on another platform have no idea what else is out there. I'm not by any means knocking Geoff's work, they are great apps and are unique for their platform. I was just merely saying that outside of webOS, this is nothing new.

And please don't take what I said out of context. Me comparing it to the likes of other relevant apps was in no way "bashing" it.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'm very familiar with what Incredible! and Neato! does. I follow Geoff's work closely since he is the Foursquare creator and when I was working on the Brightkite app we would confer to one another in regards to many things.

My point was, users on webOS that have never been on another platform have no idea what else is out there. I'm not by any means knocking Geoff's work, they are great apps and are unique for their platform. I was just merely saying that outside of webOS, this is nothing new.

And please don't take what I said out of context. Me comparing it to the likes of other relevant apps was in no way "bashing" it.

Not bashing here, but I've spent and still do spend quite a bit of time outside of webOS but have yet to see something as polished or full featured as either Neato! or the upcoming Incredible! I know there are similar apps, but are there really any that are as full featured or exceed these two apps.
    I'll admit that I might have overlooked some apps on other platforms because I'm not as interested with them as I am with webOS, but even my ifan friends who have spent longer searching can't find something that's quite up to Neato!s standard.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Not bashing here, but I've spent and still do spend quite a bit of time outside of webOS but have yet to see something as polished or full featured as either Neato! or the upcoming Incredible! I know there are similar apps, but are there really any that are as full featured or exceed these two apps.
    I'll admit that I might have overlooked some apps on other platforms because I'm not as interested with them as I am with webOS, but even my ifan friends who have spent longer searching can't find something that's quite up to Neato!s standard.
    Well, the chances of something like Neato! or Chrome to Phone coming to iOS anytime soon is slim to none given the hurdles. The ability to create something as seamless just isn't possible yet.

I've tried Neato! and while it is a great app, it's not seamless enough for me. Personally, I hate anything just sitting in my dashboard.

The Pre/Pixi has limited screen real estate as it is, to take up a few more px for an app just doesn't cut it for me. If it had the ability to not run in the dashboard but as a true background task it would be equal to if not better than Chrome to Phone. At least in my honest opinion.

As for Incredible!, what features does it have that make it better than equivalent apps on other systems?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Did I see you post somewhere else that you have an "*****'s guide" to Android for webOS users posted somewhere over at Android Central? I probably will need to check that out carefully if I switch to an Android device!
    Thanks,
    Jim
    There are two resources:

Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

- Craig
    Well, the chances of something like Neato! or Chrome to Phone coming to iOS anytime soon is slim to none given the hurdles. The ability to create something as seamless just isn't possible yet.

I've tried Neato! and while it is a great app, it's not seamless enough for me. Personally, I hate anything just sitting in my dashboard.

The Pre/Pixi has limited screen real estate as it is, to take up a few more px for an app just doesn't cut it for me. If it had the ability to not run in the dashboard but as a true background task it would be equal to if not better than Chrome to Phone. At least in my honest opinion.

As for Incredible!, what features does it have that make it better than equivalent apps on other systems?
    The dashboard is necessary to receive items instantly (webOS 1.x model requires a dashboard for background working) The magic of Neato! Is that you don't need to have it open to work. Neato! Saves a history of what you've sent to the phone or the desktop...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

So basically you're saying that at the moment and possibly for the long run, there isn't anything comparable on iOS? So in iOS it would be a new concept?
    Does chrome to phone support some of the other cool things Neato! Supports ie phone to chrome, ipk (or the equivalent apk), and the soon to be phone to phone?

And just to let you know, so long as you keep the card open you can throw the dashboard notification away and it still works fine, you only need one of card or dashboard running.

As for Incredible! You should check out the precentral article, I'm not going to be able to explain it any better than that. But I haven't seen any other apps that pull in so many streams, in such a coherent manner and allowing the user so many customisations in the app. I'm not really into loads of social media so have never hours looking for any similar apps, so it is possible they exist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12