Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Looking awesome!

Videos that can play in the background +1
    Fast and fluid +1
    4 touch sensitive sides +1

what do you all think?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Hmm, looks very familiar in function.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    What do I think? Well, this thing will be out before the webOS tablet and will give indication as to what kind of sales the webOS tablet could have had.
  4.    #4  
    If it's out before Palm/HP then it will be very unimpressive to people when a webos tab hits.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Wonder how long it is til HP's legal department files suit.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  6.    #6  
    Doubt they would have anything. It's not like you swipe the card away, you use a "swipe up" gesture to exit the app.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    this is getting ridiculous. HP better deliver their PalmPad soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Well, this thing will be out before the webOS tablet and will give indication as to what kind of sales the webOS tablet could have had.
    Probably. They're already accepting apps for it, and giving away playbooks to boot.
    Interesting seeing what RIM is doing with QNX. Not sure what HP legal could do, but it sure is similar function and interface wise. So far though, I haven't seen anything to get excited about. Sorli...
  10.    #10  
    Yeah guys, If you know Adobe Air you can get a free playbook. (BlackBerry - Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer) Palm should give away pre2's this way. AND BETTER give away Palm Pads (better come up with a better name than that too lol)

Finally, I can play videos while I am not watching them!

Wait, what?

I love that they are demonstrating that as a feature--the most worthless feature ever. Videos can play in the background! LOL. Everyone else is saying "Yeah, we could do that too, but what's the point? Videos are for watching."

The whole PlayBook OS looks like a bad clone of webOS to me. That's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    love that they are demonstrating that as a feature--the most worthless feature ever.
    You shouldn't be casting stones.

This is similar to what Rubinstein demonstrated in CES 09 when he flipped through the contacts list and went into card view quickly to show the list still scrolling. The point? To demonstrate "true multitasking". Remember this?
    There's a patch for that (keeping the video playing in card view). Thanks Fritos. I've never used it though.

Immitation is the best form of flattery.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have the patch, sometimes i'm more interested in the audio part of a video, so I like it to play while i'm doing other things.
    wow. It looks completely the same in function as WebOS. From the swipes to the app switching. Nothing different at all.

There's no way this can't be IP infringement. Somebody tell me how they are able to blatently copy Palm's IP.

Am I way off base on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Wonder how long it is til HP's legal department files suit.
    What the duece. This thing is like a blatent rip off of web os. How in the world can they do this?

If the webOS tablet isn't out before this thing, the webOS tablet will just be "another one" in the game.

HP/Palm just suck at the game. There always playing catchup.
    Now I want one more! lol
    Not sure what to say to the haters saying that it is just a ripoff of WebOS by using gestures. I can't think of a better way to interact with a touch-based device!
    So when you swipe up and hold, does a wave launcher pop up? HAHA. I do hope that Palms tablet will put this to shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    So when you swipe up and hold, does a wave launcher pop up? HAHA. I do hope that Palms tablet will put this to shame.
    Are they even soliciting tablet-specific apps yet? RIM is.
  20.    #20  
    The wave launcher would make much more sense if it showed current open apps.. Honesty the current wave launch is quite useless.

@mikah wow good point! Webos will have apps that blown up are kinda dumb like iphone on I pad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast