1.    #1  
    I came across this Gizmodo article, Most Popular How-To Guides of 2010, and came across the section on How to Transform Your Windows Desktop with an Amazing Windows Phone 7-Style HUD. I was impressed with how well the screen shots looked, so I tried it out for myself. If you are someone who keeps a minimalist desktop, this will be great for you.

Here is a screenshot of how I have my desktop setup at the moment. It is VERY customizable and many aspects, I cannot stress that enough.

That looks sweet, thanks for that, i'll try it out when I get home today

this works for vista, as well? Or do you needto have Win7?
    had this setup for a while..it was neat, but ended up going back to normal as i do with every desktop mod.

4.    #4  
    From what I read it works with XP and up, I have only tested it on Windows 7 x64 though. It's still up and running, no glitches so far that I can tell. I like it, a lot. The HAL 9000 panel in the top left corner is my favorite, click it and it says... "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?" lol

I haven't modded my desktop in years, I too used to always revert back, so time will only tell how long I will keep this mod. But as of now I am totally digging it.
    Yeah i had it for about 2 months. This was a while ago though, but my biggest issue was the terrible UI for changing elements and such. Not sure if they updated that.
    It says it works on ANY windows desktop. Im assuming that includes XP right? I have the DarkMatter themes on my PC right now (which look awesome) but this looks really nice. I would like to see a video of this in action though before I even try. Hopefully someone will eventually get one up on youtube.
    I like this. I'll play with it a bit, thanks!
    There is something to turn my desktop in a Web OS Desktop, too?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    they used to have another product that did this. it was called "Microsoft Bob"
    I'm going to play around with this. Thanks for the link!
    Well hopefully it works as good as it looks thanks for the link, if I come across any issues for Vista 32bit, I'll let you know. ( I'm kinda looking forward to this )
    I like the look and feel but editing things is not very user friendly. I can manage, but its not quite where I'd like it to be. Also can't get the weather to work. I live in Chesapeake va and the codes just aren't working.
    I'm about to start this...I was going to ask whether or not I should start with the 1.3 or use the beta 1.4.....made up my mind, 1.4 it is.

Ok between various distractions this afternoon I finally got something to work. The basic Rainmeter widgit display is very plain, bare-bones style that definitely needed some improvement. Maybe it was just all those distractions that made this seem a lot longer but I'll just give a crash course so you can dive right in.

Downloaded the 1.4 beta version, usual wizard setup at the end it loads. There are three sites that it offers for sources of themes, widgits and the like.
    If you happen to find a zip file that has a .rmskin file in it, for example my first, successful one is :Browsing Rainmeter on deviantART
    you just need to double click it and it pretty much does everything for you. I was trying to install a different type of file and couldn't figure it out, (Corner_Calendar_v2.2 ....when I unzipped no .rmskin file in it, must have missed something in there)

That's pretty much it, not that hard to set up the widgits, just have to allow them through whatever AV program you are using and they (in this case) are pretty self-explanatory.

Two things I haven't figured out yet with the Omnimo2 Theme style, there's a panel with 8 buttons "Applications". I've figured out how to rename, and set the path (example I use OOO instead of MicrosoftWord). I've located where the .png file is (/documents/Rainmeter/skins/WP7/.....nevermind I just figured that one out, .png was in the wrong folder.
    For "applications" the .png file needs to be in "documents/Rainmeter/skins/WP7/tiles(not panels)/Launcher/Icons

1 problem solved.

"Websites" panel for some reason, example made a Facebook button, when I click on it, instead of opening up my browser to Facebook, it opens up Microsoft Office, and loads the Facebook login page....not quite what I'm looking for, there must be a setting somewhere, just not sure where it is.
    Last edited by sledge007; 12/08/2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I like the look and feel but editing things is not very user friendly. I can manage, but its not quite where I'd like it to be. Also can't get the weather to work. I live in Chesapeake va and the codes just aren't working.
    you went to National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report, entered your city and you should find it in the url bar:weather.com/weather/today/CAXX0054 is the code for my city, for example.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Wp7 skin on windows 7 on an iPad. picture taken with the pre