Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    One of the things I like best about HTC Sense is the left/right swipe ability to get to other email accounts and the messaging account once you are in either email or messaging. This is such an efficient feature when you're very busy on your mobile and need to quickly read/respond to incoming texts and emails sent to multiple accounts. For example, I always love this feature when I'm at a busy meeting where phone calls aren't practical and I'm answering and responding to multiple emails sent to my Exchange and Gmail accounts, along with texts.

Since I'm considering a few good options coming hopefully soon to Sprint for qwerty phones (new flagship HP Palm qwerty, please??; HTC 7 Pro running WP7; HTC EVO Shift 4G; or the Samsung Epic already out), any insight on how this is accomplished on various platforms?

For WP7, do you need to return to the home screen tiles to get from one email account to another, or to messaging? How about on the Epic?

Does a universal inbox accomplish this and then you just go over to the messaging account?

Thanks.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    1. "Favorite" all of your inboxes
    2. Use Patch for swiping between messages
    Prē
    What I think you are asking is, “How does webOS handle multiple emails from multiple accounts?” In general all Emails are merged into an “All Inbox” or you can open individual account Inboxes or Sent or Drafts or whatever folders exist in that account.

When you open webOS Email – you are given a choice to open “All inboxes” or select individual accounts and all the folders in those accounts. You also have a Refresh and New Email button. From this screen you may select any email in any account (the unread ones are highlighted)

After you open a message, arrows on the title bar allow you to move from message to message and you have Reply, Reply all, Forward & Delete buttons at the bottom of the screen. A left swipe in the gesture area returns you to the Email list and another swipe returns you to the Email home screen.

Edit: I can't help you with multiple Messaging accounts – as I only use one.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 12/06/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    What I think you are asking is, “How does webOS handle multiple emails from multiple accounts?” In general all Emails are merged into an “All Inbox” or you can open individual account Inboxes or Sent or Drafts or whatever folders exist in that account.

When you open webOS Email – you are given a choice to open “All inboxes” or select individual accounts and all the folders in those accounts. You also have a Refresh and New Email button. From this screen you may select any email in any account (the unread ones are highlighted)

After you open a message, arrows on the title bar allow you to move from message to message and you have Reply, Reply all, Forward & Delete buttons at the bottom of the screen. A left swipe in the gesture area returns you to the Email list and another swipe returns you to the Email home screen.

Edit: I can't help you with multiple Messaging accounts – as I only use one.
    Thanks. No, I just mean one messaging (SMS/MMS) account and multiple email accounts (Exhange, Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

What about on WP7 or non-Sense Android?

iOS 4 does the same thing using a universal inbox now, right?

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Thanks. No, I just mean one messaging (SMS/MMS) account and multiple email accounts (Exhange, Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

What about on WP7 or non-Sense Android?

iOS 4 does the same thing using a universal inbox now, right?
    I don't know about WP7, Android or iOS - as I have only used PalmOS or webOS for years.
    I don't care to look at anything else as long as I am happy with what I got.

Love my Palm Pre with webOS!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~