1.    #1  
    Best Buy Mobile will offer free smartphones, mostly Android, every day in December -- Engadget

Of course, at some point Pre 2, Pre + or one of the Pixis might make it on the list, but otherwise it's mostly Android.
    You will pay $2000 for this phone over the next two years.

There is nothing that you will use as often as your phone.

If you keep waiting for the next latest and greatest you will never buy.

3 months from now you won't remember that you saved 90 cents a day.

You will just wish you had not bought the stripped down phone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Playing devil's advocate, you could say that about any of the Palm phones currently available...whether it has a + or a 2 after its name.

And I don't know if I'd call them "stripped down" phones. They may not be Epics or Evos or Droids...but you get worse deals from carriers asking for $50 or $100 for equal or lesser phones with two-year agreements.
    if screen size, front facing camera and gyroscope do not mean anything to you then the Pre2 is every bit of a modern smart phone. I would personally still hold out to CES even if the Pre2 was avaialbe on sprint, but then again my phone meets my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, you could say that about any of the Palm phones currently available...whether it has a + or a 2 after its name.

And I don't know if I'd call them "stripped down" phones. They may not be Epics or Evos or Droids...but you get worse deals from carriers asking for $50 or $100 for equal or lesser phones with two-year agreements.
    There is no mentions of Palm in this article and so I was not referencing Palm.

This thread was asking: "Ready to switch? Now might be a good time"...meaning switch away from Palm, not to Palm.

The Engadget article was about these older or reduced feature phones.:
    • Droid Incredible
    • Xperia X10
    • LG Optimus T
    • LG Optimus S

If you are going to pay $2000 over two years to switch away from Palm, you might as well get the phone you really want. Saving 90 cents a day is no bargain for something you use all day long, every day.

The huge part of the market is made up of people who will proudly tell each other that they got their phones for free. And that is what this is aimed at.

The masses flock to get free things no matter how much it costs them.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/03/2010 at 01:06 PM.

I wouldn't call the Incredible a stripped down phone by a long shot.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    granted, but the cost of the phone is a rounding error compared to the total two-year cost of a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I wouldn't call the Incredible a stripped down phone by a long shot.
    A Verizon leak showed that the Dinc will be EOL (End Of Life, removed from shelves) in three months.

If that's the one you want, get it while they still have it.

The difference in prices of the phones is 90 cents a day on a $2,000 contract.

If you want a smaller screen, get it. Just don't do it for 90 cents.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    if screen size, front facing camera and gyroscope do not mean anything to you then the Pre2 is every bit of a modern smart phone. I would personally still hold out to CES even if the Pre2 was avaialbe on sprint, but then again my phone meets my needs.
    If having a smartphone that isn't a giant means anything to you then the Pre2 is definitely every bit of a modern smartphone. My phone meets my needs.

Screen size, a front facing camera, and the gyroscope can be something to look for in my next tablet purchase!
    A Verizon leak showed that the Dinc will be EOL (End Of Life, removed from shelves) in three months.

If that's the one you want, get it while they still have it.

The difference in prices of the phones is 90 cents a day on a $2,000 contract.

If you want a smaller screen, get it. Just don't do it for 90 cents.

- Craig
    Of course. But saving $100+ on a phone is still $100+. If someone is looking for a new phone and likes the offerings, the OP is right. It might be a good time for them.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

or you can save more by keeping what you have. no need for new apps, accessories, etc.
    That's enough with the comments that make sense Cantaffordit!

Of course. But saving $100+ on a phone is still $100+. If someone is looking for a new phone and likes the offerings, the OP is right. It might be a good time for them.
    +1

Nothing wrong with saving 90 cents a day. You see a $20 item on sale for half off and you think "wow!". You then see a $1999 item on sale for $1989 and think "meh". In both cases, you save $10. Why does $10 suddenly change value in peoples mind when they compare it to the full price?

If those phones work for you, there is nothing wrong with taking the deal.
    That's enough with the comments that make sense Cantaffordit!
    LOL I lose that same argument with my wife all the time.

wife: "we can save $150 if we buy a new washer this weekend."

me: "we can save $600 if we stay home and use the one we have"

wife: *glares and heads to the garage*

me: "I'll get me keys and be there in a moment, honey"