1.    #1  
    As i was about to buy a pre plus i got an update from Dell about the Dell Venue Pro being released today. I love the way webos operates but there is something about the Dell Venue that grabs my attention. Decisions, Decisions, help me out here...

By the way i would have to unlock the pre since i have t mobile so i would be running on 2g speed on The Venue pro i will have the 3g speed since the phone is on Tmobile.
    Ugh as much as I hate to say this, it's easier with the Venue Pro. I would rather keep my Pre Plus if I was offered the Venue Pro. But ya I guess which ever is easier.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I like the larger screen on the venue pro, plus I believe apps will be created sooner then webos devices. (netflix app) for example
  4.    #4  
    Netflix app is actually already available, to top it off i have a netflix account, score 1 for the venue,lol...
  5.    #5  
    If the venue pro came with webos there would be no discussion, the only thing really keeping me from not getting the Venue pro is the webos on the pre and the fact that you can customize the shizznit out of the it. I guess once the Win7 community grows the better the phone will get, Precentral is awesome though and i don't even own a pre.
    ....PRE2 or that super device thats hiding in the mist.
  7.    #7  
    It's gonna be a good year for palm, the only thing missing was good devices and unfortunately the pre just isn't for everyone. People are more into the 3.7" screens and beyond. If the mysterious device or devices can compete size wise with android phones and whatever else is out there then Palm will kill the competition with Webos.
    I want the Dell Venue Pro pretty bad but after crunching the numbers it would cost me $900 to leave Sprint. Its still tempting though.

Played around with WP7 and it is slick so my vote is for the Dell. You gotta let us know what you think of it when you get it.
    If we're talking about hardware, it's not even a comparison -- the Venue Pro embarrasses the Pre Plus.
  10.    #10  
    I'll let you know, i'm definately leaning more towards the Venue pro.
    Even though I'm a palm ******, there is no comparisson here. Get the Venue Pro, Pre Plus would be a big mistake.
    Venue Pro. I got to play with it a few weeks back and it is one solid device. If it were available for Sprint tomorrow, I'd be at the Sprint store bright and early.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    As i was about to buy a pre plus i got an update from Dell about the Dell Venue Pro being released today. I love the way webos operates but there is something about the Dell Venue that grabs my attention. Decisions, Decisions, help me out here...

By the way i would have to unlock the pre since i have t mobile so i would be running on 2g speed on The Venue pro i will have the 3g speed since the phone
    is on Tmobile.
    I would wait until the Android version comes out. Stupid Dell -- it would've made a killing if an Android version was available this Christmas...
  14.    #14  
    Just to give an update i ended up going with the venue pro. Placed the order last night, couldn't pass on the $149.00 for a 16gb, i would've ended up paying over $200 for a pre plus, then i would have to unlock it once that's done, use it on 2g unless i have a wifi connection, plus i couldn't pass on that netflix and xbox app that comes with Windows 7. Bummed in a way cause i enjoy webos, anyways once i get the device i'll post a review for those who are interested.
    Thanks! I'm envious!
    I look forward to your thoughts on the device as I'm trying to decide between win7, android, or pre2 for my next device. I've never used any of those OS's but the venue pro is my fav hardware of everything out there right now.
  17.    #17  
    As i mentioned before my favorite OS is Webos but i'm a Tmobile customer and unless the phone is unlocked i can't get enjoy what is Webos. If you're having a hard time choosing a new platform i would suggest doing a process by elimination or pros and cons. As much as i enjoy webos it didn't have the things i like in a phone like an intergraded xbox live app, sure you can get on on the pre but with Win7 it takes it a step further, avatar customization from the phone along with 3D gaming. I also enjoy movies and the Netflix app on Win7 looks good, the OS looks new and smooth. The only draw back is the lack of multi tasking which i hear should be available in january. Webos is awesome but in the end pick something that has what you want without having to hack the crap out of the phone... Hope this help.

Fyi, i also had an adroid phohe and an iphone so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    Just to give an update i ended up going with the venue pro. Placed the order last night, couldn't pass on the $149.00 for a 16gb, i would've ended up paying over $200 for a pre plus, then i would have to unlock it once that's done, use it on 2g unless i have a wifi connection, plus i couldn't pass on that netflix and xbox app that comes with Windows 7. Bummed in a way cause i enjoy webos, anyways once i get the device i'll post a review for those who are interested.
    Sweet. The curved gorilla glass looks pretty nice on the Venue. Reviews have been solid and I would love to see one in person. That price for the 16GB is pretty good for a new high end device.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    I look forward to your thoughts on the device as I'm trying to decide between win7, android, or pre2 for my next device. I've never used any of those OS's but the venue pro is my fav hardware of everything out there right now.
    Same here. My renewal is up and I'm getting tired of waiting for Sprint to release something new for WebOS, the WP7 HTC 7 Pro that looks good, or the rumored EVO Shift 4G that could be really nice. I want to stay with a decent keyboard and good battery life would go a long way with me since I travel for work a lot. If Palm drops a kick *** new flagship slider, and the HTC 7 Pro and EVO shift are out...that would be a tough choice. Not sure that I can stand waiting much longer, but something has to happen with all of these in January (I hope).
    I think I will go with Android with everything I've looked at so far. I really like WebOS's gui but customization is probably my most important attribute. And by customization I'm talking about finding a app for anything I'd want to do (and being able to choose MY preference from a multitude of apps that compete with each other). I really hope in a year that all these os's will have a solid market share and huge app markets and be available on all carriers. Then a guy like me could truly just choose on how it feels to use. Because if it was up to just that, then WebOS would probably make me happiest...until the novelty of cards wears off a little and I become jealous of the endless apps available elsewhere.