1.    #1  
    The other day I was taking my lunch break at the mall and noticed that we just got a new Sprint store put in. I walked up to it just to browse and look at the Evo, and various other phones. There was only one employee working, so I decided to strike up a conversation, for he was using an Evo and I wanted his opinion on it. I, in turn, brought out my Pre to show it off. He told me that he had one before he switched to the Evo. His main complaints were that it was too slow. I showed him how to overclock the Pre, and immediately he could see the difference. He compared it to his Evo and it was just as fast as it.

We started talking more, and he told me that he was overseer (not the term he used, but close enough) of stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. I figured I'd ask him about the Pre2, and see if he had any news he could give me about the device coming to Sprint. His reponse didnt surprise me, but I figured I'd share it here just in case anyone else cared.

"I didnt know that they had a new device coming out, and as far as I know, there is nothing coming to Sprint."

He also added that "HP had a lot of work to do to dig themselves out of a hole." Referring to the huge Android and iOS users out there.

Just something that I was told. Hopefully it's of some interest to some of you.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
    I picked up a Epic 4G for my daughter at Sam's club on Saturday. I noticed the guy in the kiosk at Sam's was using a Pre, so I asked a similar question. He said he didn't work for Sprint but in the conversations he has had with the people at Sprint where they order their phones have said nothing is coming from Palm for Sprint. He said they typically hear about new devices that are within 6 months of being released.

Of course, if there is a "surprise" announcement (at CES?)that is forthcoming there is no way this would trickle down to the little guys who just deal with distribution and kiosk sales.

However, he did say that he has two months left with his Pre and then he is using his upgrade to get an EVO or Epic (he also said no big plans for more powerful Android devices above and beyond the EVO and Epic too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    However, he did say that he has two months left with his Pre and then he is using his upgrade to get an EVO or Epic (he also said no big plans for more powerful Android devices above and beyond the EVO and Epic too).

The htc Knight/Speedly is due in January...a baby Evo.

HTC Knight/Speedy is now HTC EVO Shift 4G

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    (he also said no big plans for more powerful Android devices above and beyond the EVO and Epic too).
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    The htc Knight/Speedly is due in January...a baby Evo.

HTC Knight/Speedy is now HTC EVO Shift 4G

Sfm Evo
    A "baby" EVO is not more powerful than the EVO or Epic, which is what I said -- "no big plans for more powerful Android devices above and beyond the EVO and Epic"
    As a launch day Pre owner, I am starting to feel slighted by Palm.

Looks like it's an Evo for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    As a launch day Pre owner, I am starting to feel slighted by Palm.

Looks like it's an Evo for me.
    Well, whatever you do, it is not for life. In 12 months you can upgrade again.

But the EVO is a big difference from my Pre. Imagine if Palm had listened to the zillion patch requests and snatched up the best patches that we tested.

Android did listen to us. The downside is that that is a lot of options when you are doing the initial setup.

Read through the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android to see how they compare.

Check out the steps in the Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks for a lot of screenshots.

In the end, it is like trying on shoes. Only you know what feels right to you. If in 12 months you want something else, there will be dozens of new styles to consider. Even if within 30 days you are not liking it, return it.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/29/2010 at 04:57 PM.